What Sensor is this MAF or MAP?

THEWELSHM

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The truck is running really rich, I'm going to swap TPS and IAC. But I also noticed this one. What is it called and does anyone have a part number?

thewelshm

Attachments

• SRT10 SENSOR.jpg
    SRT10 SENSOR.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 9
MAP Sensor, which is all these engines have/use.
IOW they don't have a Mass Airflow Sensor.

Most MAF Sensors use a physical screen, MAPs do not, so it's relatively easy to tell them apart.

Most MAPs use an internal piezo-style chip to determine absolute "pressure" behind the throttle; and it is a simpler looking unit because it doesn't rely on airflow to calculate what is going on, like the MAF does.

Do you have any codes popping up?

Last edited:
Check engine light came on it feels like it's on 9 cylinders. I checked for spark with the tool, all 10 have spark. putting a set of plugs in tomorrow. its either that sensor, a bad plug, or an inlet manifold leak. good part is its running valve train is quiet. I reset to final dyno tune with SCT we will see, I figure by next weekend hopefully done. I will post pics, looks great, but is lumpy and rich.

thewelshm

Key ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON (Leave the key ON the 3rd time; and don't do it crazy-fast) and you should see the code at the Odometer location. It may take a few seconds to display.

(Don't start the truck)

Last edited:
Dang! :cool:

The truck is running really rich, I'm going to swap TPS and IAC. But I also noticed this one. What is it called and does anyone have a part number?

thewelshm

When you had the valve seat(s) replaced, it looks like they surfaced/cut the head, based on your photos.

Did you do both heads or just the one?

The Viper heads require the same amount of material removed from BOTH the Cylinder Head Face AND the Intake Face, so the Intake can seal properly when it is reinstalled. Example, .015" came off the Cylinder Head Face so .015" needs to come off the Intake Face.

And...BOTH CYLINDER HEADS need to be cut the same amount for the Intake to properly seal.

Spray WD-40 right where the cylinder head and the Intake Manifold meet, with the engine running.

If the engine speeds up, you have an Intake Leak.

Do you still have O2 sensors in your exhaust?
If so (AND you actually have an Intake Leak), the O2 sensors will respond by creating a rich condition.

OR if you have access to a Scanner, I'd have a look at your short and long-term fuel trims which can also determine if there is a vacuum leak.

Good Luck!

Ronnie

Last edited:
Beautiful!

I learn so much from reading your posts. Chances I'll ever perform a mechanical task on the Queen myself is fairly nil.

But, knowledge in and if itself is an invaluable tool. Especially in this day and age! And when you have some idea of what stuff is and how stuff works it sure makes your life easier.

I'm not sure why you do what you do on here, but I appreciate all your input! :cool:

I learn so much from reading your posts. Chances I'll ever perform a mechanical task on the Queen myself is fairly nil.

But, knowledge in and if itself is an invaluable tool. Especially in this day and age! And when you have some idea of what stuff is and how stuff works it sure makes your life easier.

I'm not sure why you do what you do on here, but I appreciate all your input! :cool:

Glad you are enjoying the posts!

The car hobby is very top-heavy with B.S.
Examples could easily fill a LARGE Hard Drive, and it just keeps coming!

I learn things every day, like zillions of other people.
So, if someone has a specific problem or a question I think I can answer, then why not answer it (?)
Saves time, money, general frustration and lets us drive our rigs and enjoy them.

Wifey: Change your Air Filter and go from there; maybe plugs next!! (?) :)

Theses engines ARE very simple to figure out and work on compared to whats' out there today.

Years from now when we've exchanged our V-10s for 1000 horsepower electric motors on each wheel, we can continue the adventure.

"Hey my electronic procrastinator is malfunctioning"!! "Well...try this, this and then maybe this!" :D

Last edited:
;););):D
Glad you are enjoying the posts!

The car hobby is very top-heavy with B.S.
Examples could easily fill a LARGE Hard Drive, and it just keeps coming!

I learn things every day, like zillions of other people.
So, if someone has a specific problem or a question I think I can answer, then why not answer it (?)
Saves time, money, general frustration and lets us drive our rigs and enjoy them.

Wifey: Change your Air Filter and go from there; maybe plugs next!! (?) :)

Theses engines ARE very simple to figure out and work on compared to whats' out there today.

Years from now when we've exchanged our V-10s for 1000 horsepower electric motors on each wheel, we can continue the adventure.

"Hey my electronic procrastinator is malfunctioning"!! "Well...try this, this and then maybe this!" :D

So far I've assisted with a new battery install :D:eek::cool:

I can definitely recognize many more items under the hood on my 69 Chevy. And the vehicles I learned to drive. after carburetors went bye bye i sorta forgot about keeping up with modern technology :rolleyes:

I change the cabin air filter and the engine air filter on my daily driver so i bet i could learn the air filter on the Queen :D

You're funny on the future cars! I'm sure that's exactly how it's going down

I'm going shoe shopping soon. If I wanna drive her she needs shoes. I can't find zeros right now and haven't really researched anything else. She's still wearing her originals :eek:

I like to stay with what it came with but looks like that May not work. Boring, I know :D

She will need her belts and hoses changed too. That I don't want to try!

Last edited:
Maybe you're right on the overhaul LOL

I'll look at tires, thanks!

I've have Michelin on my daily and have used Continental before but only scorpions for the Queen. Thanks for the link!

I've have Michelin on my daily and have used Continental before but only scorpions for the Queen. Thanks for the link!

Amazon: It's one of many places to get tires. The link I sent you was Canadian so you may need to tweak your search.

I used to buy from Tire Rack in Indiana (I think) but the Scorpion Zeroes in our size are no longer available.
It was just over $1000 for four from them, all in, delivered to Canada.
OR I could shop locally and pay $700 each, plus tax. Decisions, decisions...

I'll need new ones next Spring so, you can be the trail blazer and tell us what you think of your (new) tires.

Only ONE belt to change.
You would just need a Serpentine belt tool, a belt and the underhood sticker to install it the right way (or Google).

Last edited:
I normally use Americas tire I'll see what they can recommend.

Probably won't happen until spring!

ok changed map sensor pulled the inlet and stuck a new gasket in there. going to nip up everything tomorrow and see how we do. Thanks Ronnie stay tuned mate. ....anyone know a good therapist..:)

thewelshm

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back