What size Paxton Pulley??

Scrambler1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well compliments of my built motor I can now run more boost. I was debating upping it but think that I will. What size pulley are ya'll using to up the boost? I'm planning on changing the pulley anyway to one by Reichard Racing. I know some guys running his ultra grip pulleys with good results, especially if using nitrous which I will be.

Any suggestions???

Joe

I dont think there are too many of us running more than the stock pulley...a few are so they'll have to chime in. I almost tried it while my truck was at PBJ's since I have forged pistons but the stock rods prevented me from doing so.

What did you have done to your engine that you think you can run more boost? Has the compression ratio been lowered? Just going to forged rod and pistons does not necessarily mean that the boost can be increased.

It's detonation that destroys engines. Forged pistons will take a little more abuse, but not much, so that increased boost may still shit can your engine.

I think nowwhat is the only one running higher boost, and all he could get was about 8lbs before the belt started slipping...

BigRed460 said:
I think nowwhat is the only one running higher boost, and all he could get was about 8lbs before the belt started slipping...

Personally I think running any blower on the same serpentine belt as all the rest of the systems is a mistake. The blower should be on it's own cogged belt so there is no slippage.

Silverback said:
Personally I think running any blower on the same serpentine belt as all the rest of the systems is a mistake. The blower should be on it's own cogged belt so there is no slippage.
...I know some guys that would pay big bucks for something like that....

Silverback said:

Yeah, ya big ape. Get right on that for us, would ya?:D

There's two ways that I see of going about that. Either all of the ridged pullies would all have to be changed over to cogged ones, or you'd have to machine a pulley for the Paxton that extends it far enough to run it off of an additional crank pulley, and dedicated tensioner/idler pullies.

One issue I see with the latter is the added load on the compressor bearings from the added leverage due to extending the point of load further out from the housing, which would necessitate fabricating a third mounting plate. The mounting plate would need a good-sized sealed bearing pressed into it to receive an extension from the outer face of the compressor drive pulley. The crankshaft should have no problems with an outer pulley, since the Viper Paxton is driven by one.

I believe Blakewilder was able to get at least 10psi before the onset of slippage, peaking out around 12psi, with minor modifications.

Anyway, someone get right to work on this, huh?:rock:

Silverback said:
THAT'S WHAT I'M TAWKIN' ABOUT! I expect all my women to be on their own cock--so that there is no slippage...

Cog...oh sorry, i mis- read the piece..Uh well as my aunt rosannadanna used to say, "nevermind"...

:)

Silverback said:
THAT'S WHAT I'M TAWKIN' ABOUT! I expect all my women to be on their own cock--so that there is no slippage...

Cog...oh sorry, i mis- read the piece..Uh well as my aunt Annarosannadanna used to say, "nevermind"...

:)

Scrambler1 said:
Well compliments of my built motor I can now run more boost. I was debating upping it but think that I will. What size pulley are ya'll using to up the boost? I'm planning on changing the pulley anyway to one by Reichard Racing. I know some guys running his ultra grip pulleys with good results, especially if using nitrous which I will be.

Any suggestions???

Joe
stop gettin ideeerss. we got ya covered ya dand gear head:D

Ram From Hell said:
Yeah, ya big ape. Get right on that for us, would ya?:D

There's two ways that I see of going about that. Either all of the ridged pullies would all have to be changed over to cogged ones, or you'd have to machine a pulley for the Paxton that extends it far enough to run it off of an additional crank pulley, and dedicated tensioner/idler pullies.

One issue I see with the latter is the added load on the compressor bearings from the added leverage due to extending the point of load further out from the housing, which would necessitate fabricating a third mounting plate. The mounting plate would need a good-sized sealed bearing pressed into it to receive an extension from the outer face of the compressor drive pulley. The crankshaft should have no problems with an outer pulley, since the Viper Paxton is driven by one.

I believe Blakewilder was able to get at least 10psi before the onset of slippage, peaking out around 12psi, with minor modifications.

Anyway, someone get right to work on this, huh?:rock:

Actually the load should be less. With a cogged belt you are not relying on the friction force to rotate the blower.

cog belt is the way to go. i am waiting on my trk to beb done. its got a cog belt set up d1r pro charger,but now had to order the f1r not enough boost with all the head work done only 2.2 before it was12# AISO GOT AFLUIDDAMPNER BALANCER. BUT STILL WAITING FORthe trk.

STANSRT10 said:
cog belt is the way to go. i am waiting on my trk to beb done. its got a cog belt set up d1r pro charger,but now had to order the f1r not enough boost with all the head work done only 2.2 before it was12# AISO GOT AFLUIDDAMPNER BALANCER. BUT STILL WAITING FORthe trk.

Think it will be ready for Truckfest July 22 at Bandimere? I'll be there with my setup, hope to race with ya again :)

the sc came in to day but now need the shocks its running leaving right now to at least go here what it sonds like with new sc. but yeah i will be there unless i break it before then.

STANSRT10 said:
the sc came in to day but now need the shocks its running leaving right now to at least go here what it sonds like with new sc. but yeah i will be there unless i break it before then.

Cant wait to meet up with ya again. I was thinking I'd be able to at least hang with you since last time we met but now it seems I have some more power to find given your recent mods. I forget, what kind of power/torque numbers are you hoping/shooting for?

today with 2.2 lb boost i got 640hp he figured with 10lb right at 810hp but will wait and see just left the shop trk sounds like a monster cant wait its so cloe to being done

STANSRT10 said:
today with 2.2 lb boost i got 640hp he figured with 10lb right at 810hp but will wait and see just left the shop trk sounds like a monster cant wait its so cloe to being done

Holly crap, thats awesome!! I cant wait to see/hear and run against your monster!! :burnout:

i cant wait just to drive it. will have to learn all over again. also yhe road to central city is so fun to drive. got another guy here will take his up to bandimire also.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back