What would you estimate this maintenance to cost?

CaptSmee

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Tomorrow I will be going to the local Dodge dealerships to get a quote on some maintenance and work I plan on getting done to my 06 10.

The following is what I plan to get done:

1. Change oil and filters.
2. Drain and refill trans fluid, re-place filter and adjust bands.
3. Rotate tires.
4. Change rear axle fluid.
5. Replace brake lines with mesh steel.
6. Possibly replace break pads
7. Get an anti-rust coating underneath the truck.
8. Possibly replace spark plugs.

I want it to all be done by the dealership as I feel paperwork showing this stuff will help retain value to the truck, rather then me doing most of it myself.

What can I expect to be charged? I am also going to ask to be present during the work and get taught how to do some things. Also to make sure these guys don't find some "unexpected" problems.

For anyone that responds I thank you for your time.

- Matt

Well, I don't think it will hold any more value to the truck versus doing the work yourself and keeping the receipts.

Also, most of your cost will be in labor if you take it to the dealership, and i would say your could save more than half the total cost by doing it yourself, including the stealership markup on everything.

I'm sure somebody will also comment, but most dealerships don't like to have customers in the shop themselves, hence a waiting room with old magazines, stale popcorn, and the absolute worst channels on tv.

2 Door for the guy who asked.

So I see I have 2 comments and no Cash estimate. Do either of y'all wanna take a stab at it and just guess an estimated cost I could expect?

The dealership will probably charge you 2 to 3 times more $$$ than you doing this yourself.

You are welcome to PM me or text me at 570-449-5591 and I can give you an estimate through my dealership to do the maintenance. However I agree that doing yourself or having a member here do it for you will save you a lot of money.

You won't be able to replace a filter or do a band adjustment on your truck if it is a 2 door since the manuals are not equipped with those parts. As far as the anti-rust coating that is something we don't do here either, if anyone has experience with this please chime in.

Hey guys,

Tomorrow I will be going to the local Dodge dealerships to get a quote on some maintenance and work I plan on getting done to my 06 10.

The following is what I plan to get done:

1. Change oil and filters.
2. Drain and refill trans fluid, re-place filter and adjust bands.
3. Rotate tires. (no charge if you're doing brakes)
4. Change rear axle fluid.
5. Replace brake lines with mesh steel.
6. Possibly replace break pads
7. Get an anti-rust coating underneath the truck.
8. Possibly replace spark plugs.

I want it to all be done by the dealership as I feel paperwork showing this stuff will help retain value to the truck, rather then me doing most of it myself.

What can I expect to be charged? I am also going to ask to be present during the work and get taught how to do some things. Also to make sure these guys don't find some "unexpected" problems.

For anyone that responds I thank you for your time.

- Matt

This is what I charge at my dealer (Dodge dealer)

LOF $89.95
Manual Trans Service $99.95 Auto Trans with band adjust 199.95
Rotate Tires $29.95
Rear Diff Service (pulling diff cover) $189.95
Change Brake Lines and Flush Complete System $235.00
Front or Rear Brakes (including resurfacing rotors) $279.95 each
Tune-up (replacing Spark plugs) $229.95
I don't do undercoating but most places should be around 100-150

hope this helps

Last edited:
This is what I charge at my dealer (Dodge dealer)

LOF $89.95
Manual Trans Service $99.95 Auto Trans with band adjust 199.95
Rotate Tires $29.95
Rear Diff Service (pulling diff cover) $189.95
Change Brake Lines and Flush Complete System $235.00
Front or Rear Brakes (including resurfacing rotors) $279.95 each
Tune-up (replacing Spark plugs) $229.95
I don't do undercoating but most places should be around 100-150

hope this helps

That's cheap for a dealer. Your oil change price is pretty low compared to what I see.

Take that list^^^ and compare it to my average cost of me doing it myself

Oil Change- $65
Trans Maintenance- Haven't done mine myself because it's a QC, too sensitive from what I've read and seen, better left to the pros, as for a RC shouldn't be to bad
Rotate Tires- FREE
Rear Diff Service- $70
Brakes Lines and Flsuh- I haven't changed my brake lines but I have done a flush and it was $50
New Brakes and Rotors- $600ish... all four corners
Spark Plugs- $30

Last edited:
That is robbery... sad part is that's cheap so it's not really that bad for a dealer. Your oil change price is pretty low compared to what I see.

Oil Change- $65
Trans Maintenance- Haven't done mine myself because it's a QC, too sensitive from what I've read and seen, better left to the pros, as for a RC shouldn't be to bad
Rotate Tires- FREE
Rear Diff Service- $70
Brakes Lines and Flsuh- I haven't changed my brake lines but I have done a flush and it was $50
Spark Plugs- $30

if you are going to do a comparison at least compare apples to apples. Any idiot can figure out that doing something yourself is going to be significantly cheaper. You are comparing a professional's labor to someone who has nowhere near the training, if any training. It is not even close to what you call "robbery", it is fairly priced maintenance done by a professional.

That is robbery... sad part is that's cheap so it's not really that bad for a dealer. Your oil change price is pretty low compared to what I see.

Oil Change- $65
Rotate Tires- FREE
Rear Diff Service- $70
Spark Plugs- $30

of course it's cheaper....you're not paying yourself. as far as robbery? I disagree 100%
I'm a business, I have to charge for repairs/maintenance. I have overhead. Let me know when you find a business that does not charge.

Oil Change- $65
Rotate Tires- FREE
Rear Diff Service- $70
Spark Plugs- $30

I would have to disagree with the robbery part(I'm not a dealership)

How much is your time worth?

Dealerships are there to help those that do not have the technical skills to complete the work themselves. I would hate to take my 10 do a guy that's never seen a 10, charges me a case of beer to do the work and screws up everything.

Those that have the technical skills to complete the work themselves, that's outstanding......

Vj

Woah, woah woah! You all took that completely wrong, I run a business I understand labor cost, over head all of that. I apologize if it came out that I was being serious. I was actually joking, which is why I followed it up with "...sad part is that's cheap." I sincerely am sorry, MOPARConnection has given me tons of advice and help and I think he's an awesome guy for it, I would never mean to insult him. I shall change my post and remove that part.

Here's what my local dealer charges for the listed services.

Oil Change- $120
Trans Maintenance- $300
Rear Diff Service- $350
New Brakes and Rotor resurface- $325 a corner = $1300 all 4 corners
Spark Plugs- $150

Last edited:
I agree, appreciate you clearing it up. I just removed you from the file of dealer haters. :D

Oh leave me in the dealer hater files... I still hate them but not everyone that works at them haha....

My local dealer has yet to prove to me that they aren't a bunch of idiots hitting each other with wrenches except for one.

Woah, woah woah! You all took that completely wrong, I run a business I understand labor cost, over head all of that. I apologize if it came out that I was being serious. I was actually joking, which is why I followed it up with "...sad part is that's cheap." I sincerely am sorry, MOPARConnection has given me tons of advice and help and I think he's an awesome guy for it, I would never mean to insult him. I shall change my post and remove that part.

Here's what my local dealer charges for the listed services.

Oil Change- $120
Trans Maintenance- $300
Rear Diff Service- $350
New Brakes and Rotor resurface- $325 a corner = $1300 all 4 corners
Spark Plugs- $150

:D

All's good
:rofl:

2 Door for the guy who asked.

So I see I have 2 comments and no Cash estimate. Do either of y'all wanna take a stab at it and just guess an estimated cost I could expect?

I thought you bought a two door but couldn't remember for sure. I was going to let you know that you don't even have bands to adjust.

My recommendation after being on both sides of the service counter is. Do some research on finding a dealer staff that is trustworthy & has a Viper tech. Take the truck in for a good going over. They should only charge you about an hour or two labor to do this. They should be able to give you a list of needed repairs and maintenance along with an estimate to do the work. You can then decide what you can handle & what you need a professional for. Also what can get you killed and what can wait

Right I do have the 2 door. I am not mechanically in tune with the maintenance log and just went by what it said for the B schedule which was the bands thing.

Was not aware that was for automatic only. I am taking her in for an inspection to my friends father's place and will get his 2 cents on what he thinks needs to be done and what not. My truck is in great shape and the only thing that NEEDS to be done would be the oil change. Everything else is just preventative maintenance and just feeling the need to throw money into the truck and feel good about my purchase :p

The two Dodge Dealerships that I have been to here in Phoenix the labor is $100.00 an hour. Now add your parts prices.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back