What ya' doing to your truck this weekend?

Good luck bud, let us know how it works out.....

Ive tried 2 or 3 IAC's and Im on my 3rd TPS….no change. Still does it. I think it has some thing to do with oil weight. Im running 15w50 right now because its 9 million degrees out, and maybe its just really thick on start up? It NEVER does it warm, still doesnt explain the random idle drop at red lights though. Hmmmm? Ive also noticed that sometimes when I put my pig in reverse for the first time that day, engine cold, that it doesnt have much power. Ususally the idle itself will roll it back out of the driveway, but when cold, I have to gas it. Clueless...

Ive tried 2 or 3 IAC's and Im on my 3rd TPS….no change. Still does it. I think it has some thing to do with oil weight. Im running 15w50 right now because its 9 million degrees out, and maybe its just really thick on start up? It NEVER does it warm, still doesnt explain the random idle drop at red lights though. Hmmmm? Ive also noticed that sometimes when I put my pig in reverse for the first time that day, engine cold, that it doesnt have much power. Ususally the idle itself will roll it back out of the driveway, but when cold, I have to gas it. Clueless...

Reverse band slipping?

Just had a tranny rebuild about 2k ago, better not be lol. Only does it in the am when cold, has something to do with the idle. When warm theres no issues.

My dads old jeep would slip in reverse not too long after rebuild. Eventually went away LOL.

I had PLANNED to hit the track to get a baseline time. Did a test launch/ thru the gears on the way there but the clutch begged to differ. :goodnight::puke:

NOT what I wanted to get into in 1st month of ownership! :chain:

What a pain in the butt to grind down the welds on the factory bumpstops...

Looks good put back together though. I think so anyway!

re8uzu2a.jpg

8upu3y9y.jpg

juvusuga.jpg

For those who can't tell, it's the install of JTSVPs extreme 2/3 drop...

After much pondering, I think I'll pull it out, scrub the rubber out from the wheel wells and pull it back in the garage again.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back