whats a good engine build consist of?

vipertruckkid1544

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking to get a paxton and almost everyone told me that i need to do a basic engine rebuild. but what do they mean by a basic engine rebuild??

the more detailed the better for me. where could i get the parts from and about how much do they cost? any advice would help. thanks

"they" are talk forgein the engine. forged pistons & rods.

stockers are sort of punny for FI apps

billet mains if your are gonna Forced induction. then K1 rods as a minimum and some forged pistons. goals !!!! drop compression ratio to about 9.0 - 1 . good for about 12# of boost . If you will spend most of your time on the street and on the highway, get the comp cam , valve springs to match, and some roller rockers of your choice with some hardened push rods for valve train stability! This should get you started. tony"s website has all the goodies so you can start to price it. Remember... it will take twice the money you think and twice the time you think to get it done!!! have fun!! these trucks are awesome!!! I have trouble with traction now!!! traction will be a bigger problem with another 150 hp but to each his own!!! -20 C this morning on my way, with the 10 to home depot and low and behold, there was an 06 QC SRT 10 parked in front!!! They love cold air!!!:D:D:D

billet mains if your are gonna Forced induction. then K1 rods as a minimum and some forged pistons. goals !!!! drop compression ratio to about 9.0 - 1 . good for about 12# of boost . If you will spend most of your time on the street and on the highway, get the comp cam , valve springs to match, and some roller rockers of your choice with some hardened push rods for valve train stability! This should get you started. tony"s website has all the goodies so you can start to price it. Remember... it will take twice the money you think and twice the time you think to get it done!!! have fun!! these trucks are awesome!!! I have trouble with traction now!!! traction will be a bigger problem with another 150 hp but to each his own!!! -20 C this morning on my way, with the 10 to home depot and low and behold, there was an 06 QC SRT 10 parked in front!!!:rock::rock::rock: They love cold air!!!:D:D:D:rock::rock::rock:

man, don't they though.:rock::rock::rock:

never driven/felt any other enigne that ya can tell its makin more ponies from just air temp. loves mid 40's on down:burnout::burnout::burnout:

only prob is the cold streets. sort of looks like dis, lol.

Attachments

• SRT10burnout.jpg
    SRT10burnout.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4,291
Last edited:
anyone have to link to tony website so i can see how much itll all cost. but the main things are to get some new rods and pistons and lower the compression rate to 9-1?

Have deep pockets buddy, and ask alot of question. I would say Justin at JMB has alot of informative builds and doesn't seem to be shy about discussing work he's done.

I'll share a small conversation I had with Prof/Roy about dropping a ROE on a stock engine. He did it with really bad results. After a rebuild from John Edwards he was very happy. John has built some good engines for some around here...
-----------------
If I were you I would just have Sean Roe do what you want or in your area you could also Underground Racing to do what needs to be done. Here is a generic list:

1. Power adder...a Roe Twin Screw SC or maybe a Procharger, with water/meth or an intercooler.

2. Forged rods and pistons and Gen 4 main bearings with additional oil ports in them. (Roe, Underground or John Edwards who built my engine.)

3. If possible add new very thick cylinder sleeves even if you have to give up a few cubic inches.

4. Rebuild the rear end, go to a 4:56 or 4:88 gearing for more low speed fun. Add Cal-tracks to eliminate wheel hop. (We are talking a RC here???) Get a Detroit locker rear end (clunky but really locks the two rear wheels to keep the beast from switching ends on you).
-------------

I would agree that Justin would do a great job. Tony could do it too. The above snippit talks about Underground Racing. They won't talk to you these days unless you have a Lamborghini.

Good luck to you. I will be doing my engine mod this spring, with all the info Roy gave me. Dom has a bitchen truck and so does Ram From Hell.

-jeff

Welcome to the site I'm glad to see another guy willing to go big with his truck. I have delt with jmb, Jtsvp, and roe and they were all good. Only thing I can say is no skimping on anything do it right the first time!

What boost PSI are you looking for? Hp goals? Forged motor is the best way to do it, but if the PSI is low (5 or lower) and it's tuned by someone who's familiar with the Viper motor and PCM it should be fine. The previous owner and I have put 30k miles on my truck after installing the ROE blower on it. What ever you decide make sure you get it tuned properly!!

What is your hp goal or times you r looking for

:evil:"Whats a good engine build consist of?"

Well first of all you have to get yourself a ford lightning and......:ahhhhh:

:vroam:

:tomato:

Last edited:
True story :rock: Everybody need a pit truck

What boost PSI are you looking for? Hp goals? Forged motor is the best way to do it, but if the PSI is low (5 or lower) and it's tuned by someone who's familiar with the Viper motor and PCM it should be fine. The previous owner and I have put 30k miles on my truck after installing the ROE blower on it. What ever you decide make sure you get it tuned properly!!

I completely forgot about that one. What ever direction you go do not forget to get a nice tune. Torrie is your man for that. Tony has his contact info. He does a sensational job with the viper engine.

My best.
-jeff

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back