Whats the fastest NA truck run?

hahaha, Dan hasn't been a concern since the first GTG. Dont see why this one should be any different.

it will forever go down in the history of the vtcoa...:pcguru:

P9251343.jpg

oh yeah..last week....

.081 light.....

practice makes damn near perfect...;)

Remember though, a fast reaction time doesn't equal a faster ET. Your time is counted as the laser for RT is tripped. Reaction time is simply that, the time it takes you to go from Staged, to tripping the light. You can short stage an inch from the laser and either redlight that run or get one helluva RT, Bigger HP guys will stage deeper from the laser to avoid tripping a redlight.;)

Remember though, a fast reaction time doesn't equal a faster ET. Your time is counted as the laser for RT is tripped. Reaction time is simply that, the time it takes you to go from Staged, to tripping the light. You can short stage an inch from the laser and either redlight that run or get one helluva RT, Bigger HP guys will stage deeper from the laser to avoid tripping a redlight.;)

You almost got it figured out!
The ET. clocks start when You move! NOT when the light turns Green as stated by VENOMOUS1!
short stage?? You mean deep stage (which turns the top pre-stage bulb Off)
Going in Deep helps you get a better reaction time but it will hurt your 1/4 mile time by about a .1 tenth of a second!
The Fast Guys who are looking for a new personal best ET. Shallow stage!
Going in Shallow means that after you light the TOP pre-stage bulb you then bump into the stage beams where you see the second stage bulb flicker.
This is going to almost give you a running start & this what every car does when trying to become the #1 Qualifier at a race!
Fast guys don't deep stage because the roll out time of the truck is much faster than a stock truck. The faster the roll out time the easier it is to go RED.
Red light = LOSE

:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::dito::dito::dito::dito:

i understand how it works...

i got beat last year, even though i had a faster "time" because my reaction time was slower...

it's not so bad when there's multiple different vehicles, but when they're running within tenths of each other, a half a second light to a .0XX light makes the difference in getting a white slip or a yellow slip...

ask me how i know;)

Hey with all the pressure that seems to be building up....don't choke!

after i put them strykers on i just went and picked up this summer it will be me lol nanananannaaboo boo :goodnight:

Last edited:
after i put them strykers on i just went and picked up this summer it will be me lol nanananannaaboo boo :goodnight:

Bad ass bro! I'm jealous....I believe strikers would make me complete for the most part....there just so dang expensive... I refuse to put that much into my truck at once without paying it off first..... but honestly with all the mods I have I could have paid off my truck plus some :(

Bad ass bro! I'm jealous....I believe strikers would make me complete for the most part....there just so dang expensive... I refuse to put that much into my truck at once without paying it off first..... but honestly with all the mods I have I could have paid off my truck plus some :(

i'm sure pep boys has a return policy.........:pcguru:

i understand how it works...

i got beat last year, even though i had a faster "time" because my reaction time was slower...

it's not so bad when there's multiple different vehicles, but when they're running within tenths of each other, a half a second light to a .0XX light makes the difference in getting a white slip or a yellow slip...

ask me how i know;)

Haha, yes u did!!! :burnout:

My fastest speed was set at Sacramento:118.15mph, my best ET at Famoso (Bakersfield) is 11.984. My engine internally is pure stock, I have never removed even a valve cover. I do have a ported intake, BBK tb, Volant Ram Air, full headers, true dual equal length catless exhaust with an X-pipe and twin Borla race mufflers (custom exhaust). I am lighter than most (or all) Ram SRT-10's when in race mode, but the truck is fully streetable with air bags, working windows, stereo , power seat , power mirrors. Race weight is 4290 without me and 1/4 tank of fuel.

how on earth do you get that light? remove passenger seat, console, carpet, spare tire, tailgate, lightweight wheels/tires....what else can you do?

i'm sure pep boys has a return policy.........:pcguru:

Haha yea but its a 60 day return! But its good to see you talking smack again now that you ain't comin to pcb........time was getting short and you dissappeared.....and now come back claiming you can't make it.....blah blah blah

i didn't ask you, bitch...go away...

Are you talking at PCB last year? Bracket racing and heads up is two different stories as well. Bracket you are putting a time on the window and trying to stay as close to that time as possible (hence the electric brakets where they have all the computers and delay boxes,etc. to be ultra consistent. Heads up RT don't mean squat other than you moved first! ET wins all here. Bracket racing is better suited for auto trannies where consistency is superior. We have folks in their daily driver cars with 95 HP taking home 5-800 a week from winning the brackets!! As a matter of a fact we have a bad ass bracket racer on here, albeit with a Hemi! Look in the M&H section at RandTX. He puts down 1.5-1.6 short times in a QC Hemi and and always brings home the bacon. He know this truck like the tip of his pecker though. Races every weekend damn near, but consistent 60ft, 330, 1/8 and 1/4. It's not about being fast, it's about consistency and knowing your car/truck, factoring in weather conditions, DA, track prep, etc.:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back