whats this could it be

tn big jeff

Reaction score
What is this now? A blacked out new 2009 Dodge Ram with a manufacturers plate lurking around a Waterford Race Track in Michigan? Why it certainly is. Why would a truck already unveiled be all blacked out and at a race track? Perhaps it's the hi-po model. Oh how delightfully gossiptastic. We have very literally zero proof this is anything other than a run of the mill Ram, but we're going to throw it out that this may be the Ram SRT-10, maybe just the R/T, but it's being subjected to some laps around the track. True or not we're willing to start some rumors.

Might Be Something Powerful, Might Be Nothing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Dodgetalk]

Read More: 2010 Dodge Ram SRT-10, 2010 Dodge Ram, 2010 Dodge Ram R/T, 2010 Dodge Ram SRT, 2010 Dodge SRT-10, 2010 Ram SRT, 2010 Ram SRT-10, 2010 SRT-10, dodge ram, Dodge Ram R/T, Dodge Ram SRT, Dodge Ram SRT-10, Dodge SRT-10, Ram R/T, Ram SRT, Ram SRT-10, Spy Photos, Dodge, R/t, RAM, Srt-10

42 Discussions Classic view | Expand all Collapse all Start a new discussion Show: Oldest first | Newest first | Most popular 123next »[1..20 of 42]8:09 AM on Wed May 7 2008
Bee1
8:09 AM on Wed May 7 2008 Gentlemen....Let the rumors start!
The 5.7 Ram get a stick shift trans.That is not the V-10.
Bee1 Gentlemen....Let the rumors start! The 5.7 Ram get a...
8:15 AM on Wed May 7 2008
#6: Public Nitrobator
8:15 AM on Wed May 7 2008
Due to input from a popular automotive blog, the first production run will be available only in matte black with a tiny Calvin pissing on a globe stuck on the filler cap.

#6: Public Nitrobator Due to input from a popular automotive blog, the first...
8:18 AM on Wed May 7 2008
Ash78
8:18 AM on Wed May 7 2008
The coefficient of drag will be so bad, that when you arrive at your destination, you open the hood to let all the extra air whoosh out.

Ash78 The coefficient of drag will be so bad, that when you...
8:21 AM on Wed May 7 2008
thomas124
8:21 AM on Wed May 7 2008
Well, looking at the tires, it is not likely an SRT-10.

thomas124 Well, looking at the tires, it is not likely an SRT-10.
8:23 AM on Wed May 7 2008
I love Capitalism...no I don't mean upper case...
I won't get excited until I see shots of it from the 'Ring.

I love Capitalism...no... I won't get excited until I see shots of it from the...
DannyBN
V10 hybrid turbo biodiesel, with 7-speed stick, independent rear suspension, Microsoft voice-activated infotainment interface, and Magic Fingersâ„¢ driver's seat!

DannyBN V10 hybrid turbo biodiesel, with 7-speed stick,...
8:25 AM on Wed May 7 2008
Ben Wojdyla
8:25 AM on Wed May 7 2008 @DannyBN: Nicely done sir.
Ben Wojdyla @ DannyBN : Nicely done sir.
8:26 AM on Wed May 7 2008
Mike the Dog will work for a Preview Button!
8:26 AM on Wed May 7 2008 @Bee1: I'm trying to figure out where that you get that this was a manual trans vehicle, or that they won't mate the V10 to a stick. I hear that this is a special SRT-10 with the Viper's aluminum V-10 and a seven speed manual. Did I mention the independent rear suspension and all-wheel drive?

If you're gonna start rumors, ya might as well make 'em good!
Mike the Dog will work... @ Bee1 : I'm trying to figure out where that you get...
8:31 AM on Wed May 7 2008
muhnkee_2 - jaloping from sunny sao paulo
8:31 AM on Wed May 7 2008 i heard it was going to be built in partnership with Honda, with racing technoology input from the Russian Bears WTCC team
muhnkee_2 - jaloping... i heard it was going to be built in partnership with...
8:33 AM on Wed May 7 2008
funkshway
8:33 AM on Wed May 7 2008
Hmmm well perhaps it's the SRT8 ram finally?

funkshway Hmmm well perhaps it's the SRT8 ram finally?
8:43 AM on Wed May 7 2008
KVHnik
8:43 AM on Wed May 7 2008
Whoo hooo! Bud Liteâ„¢ for everyone!!

KVHnik Whoo hooo! Bud Liteâ„¢ for everyone!!
8:50 AM on Wed May 7 2008
BOOTH POLAЯFESSIONALS
8:50 AM on Wed May 7 2008
It's a new lightweight polyethylene terephthalate body panel concept, thus the reason for the matte black finish of the color-injected panels. A bold direction taken in an attmpt to reduce fuel consumption.

Besides, if it were a SRT-10 Ram, there would be melted gobs of rubber up the sides of the truck bed and the rear tires would've exploded by now, rims and all!

BOOTH POLAЯFESSIONALS It's a new lightweight polyethylene terephthalate body...
8:51 AM on Wed May 7 2008
8:51 AM on Wed May 7 2008 @DannyBN: Dang, first and better! The hamsters strike again!
Mike the Dog will work... @ DannyBN : Dang, first and better! The hamsters strike...
8:52 AM on Wed May 7 2008
Bee1
I had to see where this one was going before I let the cat or is that the Ram out of the bag.
This is the new Hybrid Model that Chrysler is offering free extension cords with. The cords come in different colors to match your truck.

Bee1 I had to see where this one was going before I let the...
BOOTH POLAЯFESSIONALS
@JUST POLAЯ: attmpt = attempt

sapellingud:p

BOOTH POLAЯFESSIONALS @ JUST POLAЯ : attmpt = att e mpt sapellingud:p
8:53 AM on Wed May 7 2008
ClamatoRegatta
8:53 AM on Wed May 7 2008
The track is Waterford Hills.

ClamatoRegatta The track is Waterford Hills.
9:14 AM on Wed May 7 2008
jjj7088
9:14 AM on Wed May 7 2008
No SRT hood, No SRT wheels and tires ... looks like a run of the mill '09 to me ...

jjj7088 No SRT hood, No SRT wheels and tires ... looks like a...
9:32 AM on Wed May 7 2008
wohho
9:32 AM on Wed May 7 2008 @jjj7088: yes, because manufacturers put those final details on all their test mules.
wohho @ jjj7088 : yes, because manufacturers put those final...
9:39 AM on Wed May 7 2008
9:39 AM on Wed May 7 2008 @jjj7088: That's what they want you to think. Heck, they've probably disguised the IRS as a solid axle just to throw us further off the scent, but I'm too smart to fall for that.
Mike the Dog will work... @ jjj7088 : That's what they want you to think. Heck,...
9:47 AM on Wed May 7 2008
smokeydog001
9:47 AM on Wed May 7 2008
Tata-ameno?

smokeydog001 Tata-ameno? 123next »[1..20 of 42]
02:48 AM Got something to say? There are 3 ways to comment:

1. Guests

Click here to comment instantly. 2. Facebook Users

Click here to comment using your Facebook account.
3. Members

Register for an anonymous account or login. We're looking for comments that are interesting, substantial or highly amusing. If your comments are excessively self-promotional, obnoxious, or even worse, boring, you will be banned from commenting. Consult the Commenting FAQ and legal terms.
Anonymous, your email address is only used for verification.

Email:
Comment:

Login with your username and password below. (Forgot password?)

username: password:

Please enter a username.
Please enter your password.

Ads by Google
2008 - 2009 Dodge Deals
Find Amazing Prices on a New Car
or Truck from a Local Dodge Dealer!
Dodge.getastart.com
New Dodge Ram 3500
Compare multiple quotes on a new
Dodge Ram 3500 from local dealers.
www.PriceQuotes.com

Detroit, 2:38 AM
Sat May 9
27 posts in the last 24 hours

Tip your editors:
[email protected]

Editor-in-Chief:
Ray Wert | Email | AIM

Road Test Editor:
Wes Siler | Email

Weekend Editor:
Murilee Martin | Email

Associate Editor - Houston:
Matt Hardigree

Associate Editor - Detroit:
Ben Wojdyla

Editor-at-Large:
Mike Spinelli

Contributors:
Mark Arnold
John Krewson | Email
Andy Didorosi

Commenter Admin:
Pete Gaines

Follow Jalopnik on:
Facebook
Twitter

Kotaku's Got 7000 Zombies and 11 more reviews: The newest issue of our virtual magazine is live right here.

Giz has only one thing to say about humans in space: Get us off of this rock called Earth. Now.

SUBSCRIBE TO Jalopnik
New: Breaking news and daily top stories via email

1196 Subscribers

Just a rumor. Dodge, Chrysler are up the creek, not quite without a paddle just yet but their rowing is slow.
The last thing on their mind is making big performance vehicles with bad MPG lol. Sounds like an SRT/10, nothing more nothing less.

Quote: "with the Viper's aluminum V-10 and a seven speed manual. Did I mention the independent rear suspension and all-wheel drive"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Carlwalski said:
Just a rumor. Dodge, Chrysler are up the creek, not quite without a paddle just yet but their rowing is slow.
The last thing on their mind is making big performance vehicles with bad MPG lol. Sounds like an SRT/10, nothing more nothing less.

Quote: "with the Viper's aluminum V-10 and a seven speed manual. Did I mention the independent rear suspension and all-wheel drive"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Id love to see that :D :D :D

GADodgetech said:
Id love to see that :D :D :D
:laugh: Me too! I think I've heard of it, it runs 0-60mph in 2.7 seconds, gets 31mpg (highway) and comes supercharged standard. :p

Carlwalski said:
:laugh: Me too! I think I've heard of it, it runs 0-60mph in 2.7 seconds, gets 31mpg (highway) and comes supercharged standard. :p
Must ride like a caddy too, having IRS and IFS. Rumor has it that its so aerodynamic you can turn the truck off at 70 mph and just cruise the highway forever :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back