What's your weirdest truck problem ever?

Cruster

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, I saw Carlwalski's dome light craziness along with a couple of others and I got to wondering what the weirdest truck problem anyone ever had was.

The dome lights coming on when you open the glovebox is way up there I think.

Can you top that?????

Out of round rear wheel bearing cases.

Torque made the cases oval shaped...replaced the bearings twice to stop the leaks...finally found that the bearings were fine...the case was less hard than the bearings. Had to wield additional material into the cases to make them round again, and have a metallurgist harden the cases so they would stay round rather than become oval.

Took about a month to figure it out and get it fixed (try finding a line boring machine that will take a five foot tall axle case!!!)...not to mention the $4000!

Picture.jpg

FoutsRearAxleBearing008.jpg

I think I'm with you Cruster, the glovebox turning on the dome lights etc is just too funny LOL!! :laugh:

BLKSRT said:
Mine work fine when the doors open, but not when i click the lens. BUT if you open the glove box, they all turn on lol:dontknow: :mad:

:D :D :D :D :D

Carlwalski said:
I think I'm with you Cruster, the glovebox turning on the dome lights etc is just too funny LOL!! :laugh:
:D :D :D :D :D

Ghosts?

Maybe you need an exorcist?

Prof said:

Torque made the cases oval shaped...replaced the bearings twice to stop the leaks...finally found that the bearings were fine...the case was less hard than the bearings. Had to wield additional material into the cases to make them round again, and have a metallurgist harden the cases so they would stay round rather than become oval.

Took about a month to figure it out and get it fixed (try finding a line boring machine that will take a five foot tall axle case!!!)...not to mention the $4000!

GNARLY.....did that to my 67 GTO on one side....took forever to figure it out. Not even fixable, the race was built into the housing, had to get a whole new third member. But it wasn't 4 grand.....major suckage there.

My windshield wipers sometimes stay on for about 15 seconds after I shut the truck completely off. I have no idea what causes that??

Had an issue for months where when driving down the road, my passenger window would open, then a little later, it would close, all on it's own. Took it to the dealer and no one could come up with a fix. Got to the point where I would just laugh when it did it an blame it on my ghost George.

One really cold morning, I was heading to work and the window went all the way open, I looked over and said, "Not now George, it's too fkn cold for that crap." The window immediately closed all the way. Took it back to the dealer that day. They finally determined it was a short in the window switch, replaced it and George went away. I kind of miss George now, he was a lot of fun.

ccfeyh said:
Had an issue for months where when driving down the road, my passenger window would open, then a little later, it would close, all on it's own. Took it to the dealer and no one could come up with a fix. Got to the point where I would just laugh when it did it an blame it on my ghost George.

One really cold morning, I was heading to work and the window went all the way open, I looked over and said, "Not now George, it's too fkn cold for that crap." The window immediately closed all the way. Took it back to the dealer that day. They finally determined it was a short in the window switch, replaced it and George went away. I kind of miss George now, he was a lot of fun.
:D :D

ccfeyh said:

Right up there with the dome light ghost!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

Prof said:

Picture.jpg

FoutsRearAxleBearing008.jpg

Roy,
This looks like a serious problem:dontknow: I think you should trade me for my red truck:D It doesn't have any leaks:burnout:

'04 RC, dash cluster would intermittently shut down then restart as if I turned the truck off and on.. But this would happen while driving on the freeway and never while sitting still. Meanwhile, the motor wouldn't shut off when this occured; no [check engine] indicator light either. It was eventually traced back to a loose ground under the driver side dash.

Prof said:

that wasn't one of those $4k DTS readends that were suppose to be "bullet proof", was it?? :dontknow:

02 problems - after 1 set of stock 02 - 2 sets of NEW o2's and spliced to fit the headers - and 2 sets of NEW o2 with extenders, still have a Fu*kin Ck Engine lite and running like crap

after i installed the Lowering Kit and driving the truck i hear a raddle i completly took the front end apart again and EVERYTHING was tight me and my dad looked at it and same thing it was tight and still raddling

i took the truck out of the Gar. and dad comes back at me STOP !

come to find out i never tight up the rear sway bar and there was my raddle hours spent lookin in the front end and it was not even there doh !!!!!

:D :D :D :p :p :p :elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

my truck used to violate my girlfriend and stumble home at 4 in the morning drunk out of its mind :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Gas tank wouldn't accept any gas. Took it apart and found nothing wrong. After several tries I gave up and determined to take it all apart once again. Couple days later decided to try one more time and it worked and has worked fine ever since...that was probably 40K miles ago. Several others have reported same situation....out of the blue you can't put gas into the tank (overflows) then later works just fine. :confused:

TNVIPER said:
I went to the track in Chattanooga and ran against Jack...and he beat me??..:hmmmm2:

That's cause before hitting the Chatt track you were supposed to off-load them barrels of Moonshine FIRST Larry.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back