Wheels: Going Old School. Cragar new SS

Bravo

Reaction score
Cragar just offered a new 22" wheel in one piece aluminum that mimics the old SS wheels some of us old-timers had back-in-the-day.
I pulled the trigger...and now I'm waiting.
Pic for your veiwing pleasure........
attachment.php

Attachments

• CragarSSin22inch.jpg
    CragarSSin22inch.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 5,588
It's tough to pull-the-trigger

tough to pull, but made easier when I look at the pitted flaking china-clones that grace my otherwise perfect truck now. I wanted Foose MHT Nitrous, but those guys are lame as in zero before sale service. God what could I expect after the sale?
I had cragars ss wheels on my first car (55 chevy 210 post I bought for $500) which I towed out of a field in Brooktondale NY when I was 16. Fixed it up hot, and wish I still had it. The new wheels will remind me of the great times I had in that car.

I had Crager`s on my `78 Trans Am I bought in `77 after graduating from high school.They are SSweet man.:) Not sure I can visualize them on the truck but I can`t wait to see the finished pics.

Cragar sold their company several years ago, (can't remember what company bought them) and bought the rights to use Cragar's name. The current Cragar's are not the quality of the ones from years past. About 3 years ago, I bought a set for my 57 Belair 2drht and 2 years ago I bought a set for my 67SS Chevelle. The chrome is somewhat questionable and kind of looks cheaply made. On the 15" rims, you can only get them in unilug. I only drove the cars on nice summer weekends and have since sold them, so I can't tell you how the wheels actually held up. I would be cautious of Cragar's quality.

Hmmmm I can't picture them on the truck... i'm anxiously awaiting pics of the finished product!!

I was always a fan of American mags in the old days......Had 'em on my 56 210 coupe.

Those Cragars do look nice...hope they work well for ya.....old school.

SD

man rocket you were buying cars and wheels in 77 and i was learning to walk:D

but hey they do look good

had_to_have_it said:
man rocket you were buying cars and wheels in 77 and i was learning to walk:D

d
I `m old ya know.:eek: I graduated form high school early and saved up to buy a new Trans Am.I saw Smokey And The Bandit and I was hooked.

Bravo said:
Cragar 1pc SS on Magnum in 20"
car48c.jpg

Bad photoshop on RamSRT-10
attachment.php
They look too much like regular Dodge Ram rims (also see them on some Rumble Bees) for me. But I like the finish on the rims, looks clean.

ROKTMAN said:
I `m old ya know.:eek: I graduated form high school early and saved up to buy a new Trans Am.I saw Smokey And The Bandit and I was hooked.

Please god, tell me you didn't have a mullet to go w/ the car.:rock:

RedRamRules said:
They look too much like regular Dodge Ram rims (also see them on some Rumble Bees) for me. But I like the finish on the rims, looks clean.
They do look a lot like the Ram rims. I always did like Cragars though, it was a must on almost every car in high school, with 50's on the back!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back