wheels

If it was only that EZ. Most people send them out for professional repair. I just had my wheels powder coated black. Someone had painted them and they were not holding up that good. She needed new tires so it was time to do something. Wheels and tires was going to be my big upgrade this year until my motor went south.

If it was only that EZ. Most people send them out for professional repair. I just had my wheels powder coated black. Someone had painted them and they were not holding up that good. She needed new tires so it was time to do something. Wheels and tires was going to be my big upgrade this year until my motor went south.

Interesting, most people here just clean them up themselves.

Chavez, PM Trussman here on the forum. He just cleaned and shined his the other night and they looked amazing. Didn't seem to take him too long either.

What did I miss? What happened to your motor?

Unfortunately I managed to melt number 10 piston somehow. Planned on powder coating my stock wheels with new tires and possibly a spray in bedliner this year. I did the wheels and tires. The bedliner will have to wait until I pay off the engine.

Chavez, PM Trussman here on the forum. He just cleaned and shined his the other night and they looked amazing. Didn't seem to take him too long either.

Chavez, I'm sure it's so easy to clean, even a caveman can do it...:D

What I have done was clean with simple green. Then use some meguirs scratch-x by hand on each wheel. Then 2 coats of rejex. Not sure how to post a pic from mobile but will post from desktop next time I have a chance.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Anyone try this after cleaning the wheels?
Wheels | Armor All
thought about giving it a try on the work vehicle first. :dontknow:

the wheels are clear coated, do as you would regular paint, use a compound to get out rough scratches in the clear, then use polish to smooth them back out, then wax

best to do with a polisher the clear is not very hand friendly

These wheels are upwards of 10 years old and while some may shine up and look good, others have suffered clear coat yellowing, delaminating, or general oxidation that had gone too far. Best way to make em look new again is to strip clear, polish aluminum in spots needed, then reclear. Powdercoating is obviously another route. I just hydro dipped one in Carbon Fiber and I think it's gonna be the next best thing. A little more pricey than Powdercoat but a one of a kind look. Can do colored Carbon Fiber as well ;)
Imagine Solar Yellow, Flame Red, CE and VCA Viper Blue! Yumm

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back