Which Headers Are Favored

I think it sounds perfect with the rear cats and res removed everything else the same. That's just me though.

I would like a set of MOPAR headers and Borla catback.

Belanger and magnaflow. 3" duals all the way back. Can't beat the price either!

Mike at Roe Racing said that and said it was better than the Billy Boat system. I think I'm going with the Bellanger and Magnaflow even though I have to create a new hanger for the Mangaflow on the '06 RC. Now I need more cash.

Mike at Roe Racing said that and said it was better than the Billy Boat system. I think I'm going with the Bellanger and Magnaflow even though I have to create a new hanger for the Mangaflow on the '06 RC. Now I need more cash.

I like the sound of the Magnaflow be just be aware of quality issues with the muffler. I had one and it developed a hot spot and got a nice size hole in it. Several other members had the same issues. Magnaflow folks were such dick bags about the warranty I threw the exhaust in the trash! Lesson learned and I will never give them any more money. Several threads on here about Mangnaflow & quality issues. Not telling you not to buy it but just wanted to make you aware.

Thanks. What muffler do you use/suggest instead? I'm looking more for performance enhancement than sound.

When you race Jay the only exhaust sounds you hear are Jays. He has won trophies for the loudest exhaust & if that doesn't work he switches on the cut outs. His are the loudest, just ask any cop in Peoria.

I had that setup and switched to a Borla/Mopar catback, the drone at 3k rpm was killing me!

Here is a dyno comparison I made on the '04 I had about 5 years ago. "Full exhaust" refers to Bassani shorties, catless mids, and Magnaflow catback. "Stage II" refers to a stage II tune done by B&G. All dyno runs were done at the same facility, on the same day, same conditions.

Going to go with Belengers high flow cat system to match the Magnaflow the truck has on it. I've never had any issues with Magnaflow fwiw. I've run them on all 4 of these trucks I've had and two C5 Z06's.

Attachments

• Dyno comparison.JPG
    Dyno comparison.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
I have the berlangers and magnaflow also. Love the way it sounds but I think mine just blew up on me. So im gonna be looking around for a new exhaust. Might just order another magnablow or scotts snakebite exhaust.

The problem with Magnablow is its packing inside comes loose and becomes trashy sounding as all those internals rattle around. Never cared for steel wool packed mufflers. They tend to trap condensation and rot out internally. Hence the name...Magnablow :chain:
I agree with sound being in the ears of the owner. Many like the raspy v-10 note whereas I like the deep V-8 style rumble I searched long and hard to produce. I changed my exhaust 6 times to save y'all from having to do likewise.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back