Which HFC?

04viperram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which high flow cats you guys running and how long they last for ya? Guy at a muffler shop told me the magnaflow hfc will probably crap out in a few months! Is that true? Seems to me like a lot of money to have to replace them all the time! Which name brands do you guys run and how long ya had them?

Alot of guys are running magnaflow. Havent heard of any problems. Had really good results from dynatech powercats. High flow. If you have to pass a sniffer, magnaflow. If you want more flow and sound dynatech. Both have plenty of longevity and are made very well. If your not running leaded fuels, have a stupid rich tune, or are spraying or making boost you should have any problems. 40k miles?

Does it make a difference which one? None of the ones I'm finding say they are for anything bigger than a 6.2L. Anybody got a model number of what you got?

79-400300 $169.95 3" in/out
It flows 396.4 CFM each

The largest magnaflow was tested to 355.

cool, thanks. I'm trying to get my exhaust done how I want it before I get Torrie to tune it for me!:D

I've got whatever BillyBoat uses... ~60k mi on them and still going strong.

I've got whatever BillyBoat uses... ~60k mi on them and still going strong.

The Billy Boat HFC is an Eastern 3" 200 cell metalic foil type.

MyBBExhaust034.jpg

MyBBExhaust009.jpg

B&B chose these for build quality, reliability and minimal flow restriction > 4 h.p.

More than enough flow per cat for our trucks:rock::

Eastern Bullet Catâ„¢ High Performance Catalytic Converters

They work great w/o throwing codes or excessive raw fuel smell at start up.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back