Which PCM Upgrade is best?

HOT RAM said:
I sent a PM and got no response.Guess I'll try calling.

Calling was successful and very informative !!!!!!!!!!! Thanks !!!!!!!!!!
DC is not very good at checking PMs or checking the forum. I sent a PM days ago and I haven't gotten a response either. :(

Annu Kumar said:
Your Flash Is from B and G. B and G is the programmer for Dan at Dc.:rock:

B&G has done some work for DC with the autos,but I was told they do their own programming and it is different from B&G. It would be interesting to see how many with B&G still have cooling issues versus those with DC . Mine still hovers over 200 with the t-stat and two electric fans.

it is only money.I think I will sell a few items and go for it.I will post my results here on whether I feel it was worth it.

HOT RAM said:
B&G has done some work for DC with the autos,but I was told they do their own programming and it is different from B&G. It would be interesting to see how many with B&G still have cooling issues versus those with DC . Mine still hovers over 200 with the t-stat and two electric fans.

it is only money.I think I will sell a few items and go for it.I will post my results here on whether I feel it was worth it.

Get under your truck...look at the hydaulic fan valve body. You will see a sensor that might be loose. Most folks I have spoken to, tell me that is the way it suppose to be.

I pushed it against the base and it doesn't move anymore. My truck used to run around 210-215F. Now it stays around 200F....

ViperTruck2933 said:
DC is not very good at checking PMs or checking the forum. I sent a PM days ago and I haven't gotten a response either. :(

That makes for the bofuvus. :(

really when I had my pcm done , dc was supposed to make it for deleated cats and they did not, I had to go back and use the non foulers. makes me wonder what else they did not do. I wish we had a good tuner closer to me for I can get the max out of what I got. because without youre truck there they will never be able to get the tune "maxed out"

stick said:
really when I had my pcm done , dc was supposed to make it for deleated cats and they did not, I had to go back and use the non foulers. makes me wonder what else they did not do. I wish we had a good tuner closer to me for I can get the max out of what I got. because without youre truck there they will never be able to get the tune "maxed out"

Will Panhandle look at it? Or do they deal with blue ovals only . . . ?

HOT RAM said:

MIne still hits 205 with the DC flash and 170 T-stat.

ViperTruck2933 said:

Looks like some of these just run hotter than others.Kinda like the HP numbers of stock,some just seem lower and some higher than average.

jrgnd said:
Get under your truck...look at the hydaulic fan valve body. You will see a sensor that might be loose. Most folks I have spoken to, tell me that is the way it suppose to be.

I pushed it against the base and it doesn't move anymore. My truck used to run around 210-215F. Now it stays around 200F....

Thanks for the info. I'll look at that today.

Thanks everyone for the replys. I apologize if I have not returned the PM's in a timely manner, I only get on the internet about once a week. I am always available by phone and return my calls.

Hopefully I can clarify a few things. First of all, all of our calibrations are done in house except for the Quad Cab stage 2 flashes which we worked with B and G on and agreed to let them do the program for us. Our Stage 2 QC is the hottest calibration and can only be purchased through DC. We can do custom tuning on the QC's in house.

In regards to tempreture. Our RC flash will run much cooler than our QC flash.
The addition of the transmission cooler to the radiator and a different fan cycle are the reasons.

All of our computer programs come with a money back warranty. If you are not happy with it, just return it for a full refund. We have done hundreds of calibrations with great results. Yes, occasionally we have an issue, especially with custom calibrations were we are tuning through the mail. But the majority of the time we get it resolved.

Please feel free to call me at work if you have any questions.

Dan Cragin
DC Performance Inc
310-841-6996

HOT RAM said:
Looks like some of these just run hotter than others.Kinda like the HP numbers of stock,some just seem lower and some higher than average.

MINE RUNS AROUND 200.STAGE II AND 170 T-STAT.SEEMS TO BE THE NORM IN THESE PARTS.I GOT MY PCM FROM BOOMER.I THINK HE SENDS HIS OUT TO B& G TO GET TUNED:dontknow: I DONT WORRY ABOUT IT MUCH ANYMORE.COMING BACK FROM VACATION IN N.C.I WAS CRUISING AT ABOUT
180 DEGRESS!THOUGHT SOMETHING WAS WRONG.!GOT OFF THE MOUNTAIN AND BACK SHE WENT TO 200'ISH.DONT SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF.

Thats wierd because when I am in traffic with a 100 degree temp outside mine runs at about 185........

ViperTruck2933 said:

Wierd...........mine runs at 180......the few times it went over to about 185, the fan kicked on and brought it back down.

Dan stands behind his word. We had a missunderstanding and he corrected it as soon as I brought it to his attention.

This flash rocks!!!

patrick

I had issues with my Stage II on the q/c it was not turning the fans on early enough ... Dan had me bring it in for a dyno tune from chris , to fix the problem for free .... on top of that I was running late and they had to push a paying customer who offered to pay triple if he could go on at that moment ....I offered to come back and they would not let me leave .... Dan is stand up guy.

Cheers J.T.

stick said:
Thats wierd because when I am in traffic with a 100 degree temp outside mine runs at about 185........

Must be a different tune on the pcm ?? :confused:

MINE IN HOT WEATHER GOES SOME TIMES UP TO 205 IN TRAFFIC PULLING A TRAILER 210 OIL 220 THAT WAS PULLING MY 7X16 TRAILER AT THE MOUMTAINS.... W/ A LOT OF TOOLS AND ALSO A GOLF CAR.... AROUND 60 DEG... GOES DOWN TO 180 IN REALY COLD DAYS 170 165....:dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back