Which PCM Upgrade is best?

:
06__QUAD__SRT10 said:
I had issues with my Stage II on the q/c it was not turning the fans on early enough ... Dan had me bring it in for a dyno tune from chris , to fix the problem for free .... on top of that I was running late and they had to push a paying customer who offered to pay triple if he could go on at that moment ....I offered to come back and they would not let me leave .... Dan is stand up guy.

Cheers J.T.

Damn I need to get down to Dc Performance so Badly:D

We seem to obsess over temperature in these vehicles. To be sure heat is a culprit that can cause loss of performance and in some instances lead to problems.

But trucks running consistently in the 200 - 220 range are not, in my opinion, overheating. Most vehicles run well over 200 degrees much of the time. I do have the 170 tstat...but if my oil temp and engine time are in the 200 - 220 range is does not cause me any consternation. You are not hurting anything at those temps...maybe a slight loss of power but who cares when you are in traffic?

We spend a lot of time fretting over temps in the low 200's...I think it is a lot of wasted energy to sweat this kind of heat...now if you are pushing 280...you have something wrong.

I have found that a quick solution to rising oil temperature is 6th gear. I assure you if you get into 6th gear and are able to keep it there for three or four minutes your temp will be under 190 and probably under 175.

I may be wrong, I often am. But this seems to me something that needed to be said.

I have a BG calibration and my stays at around 180 degrees unless it is a very hot day, or I get stuck in stop and go traffic.

Bill.

Prof said:
We seem to obsess over temperature in these vehicles. To be sure heat is a culprit that can cause loss of performance and in some instances lead to problems.

But trucks running consistently in the 200 - 220 range are not, in my opinion, overheating. Most vehicles run well over 200 degrees much of the time. I do have the 170 tstat...but if my oil temp and engine time are in the 200 - 220 range is does not cause me any consternation. You are not hurting anything at those temps...maybe a slight loss of power but who cares when you are in traffic?

We spend a lot of time fretting over temps in the low 200's...I think it is a lot of wasted energy to sweat this kind of heat...now if you are pushing 280...you have something wrong.

I have found that a quick solution to rising oil temperature is 6th gear. I assure you if you get into 6th gear and are able to keep it there for three or four minutes your temp will be under 190 and probably under 175.

I may be wrong, I often am. But this seems to me something that needed to be said.
:dito: I dont even have a lower temp stat and that works for me everytime.

My QC stays right around 200 never really drops much lower except in the winter!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back