Which shock would you run for lowered RC SRT10

• QA1

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • JTSVP BILLET

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • Keep Stock shocks

Votes: 8 20.0%

• Total voters
I voted for Tony's shocks for the simple fact that they are made for our specific application.

No I haven't tried Anything other than Bilstein, Monroe, and QA1.
The QA1's have many rebound/compression settings and ride like a caddy when you want or stiff like a go cart if you'd like.

only thing bad about JTSVP BILLET is the price, but sounds like they are only aftermarket ones built specifically for our trucks

only thing bad about JTSVP BILLET is the price, but sounds like they are only aftermarket ones built specifically for our trucks

Not sure about that. I think they just fit! The QA1s aren't even designed for our trucks but work well ;)

I like stock, would like to go JTS but can't justify the price.

QA1 is probably what I will go with next time but I've heard good things about the top of the line Ranchos.

My RC is in front 2" lowered with the DJM Arms.
In the back with 3" Pads.
Ive tested several springs....
and im still searching about the best...:dontknow:
I have tested the Rancho RS 9000 XL in a shorter Version front/back.
But now they are realy soft, even in Position 9 ( the hardest)!

Today i changed komplet in QA1 and i must say: WoW:rock:

So I never prefer the Ranchos!!!

When i shake the Ranchos, i can hear the oil swapping inside.
They are only 3000mls inside:confused:

Thats my story.

When do I need to replace the shocks? :dontknow: 25 more miles and I will have clocked 80,000 miles and the stock shocks are the same ride as when I got the truck at 15,400 miles. And yes, I do know when a shock is going bad. Smooth but stiff ride and corners well. No bouncy bouncy so do not know when I should replace. By the way, last set of 2 tires I got 60,000 plus miles which is an indicator of good alignment and good shocks.

Does anyone remember what shocks came with the X-metal drop kit? I think they were mainly yellow with a blue boot but could be wrong. Getting close to needing to replace all of mine; after 60,000 miles the truck seems to bounce a little more than it used to and feels very "loose".

Does anyone remember what shocks came with the X-metal drop kit? I think they were mainly yellow with a blue boot but could be wrong. Getting close to needing to replace all of mine; after 60,000 miles the truck seems to bounce a little more than it used to and feels very "loose".

I don't recall but they're junk imo. I put the stock bilstein back on.

QA1's are quality, rebuild-able, and adjustable.

If you can afford them, they are nice.

Never tried Tony's shocks out, he does make some nice stuff though.

There is nothing wrong with a factory Bilstein, they are a good shock.

Nothing Monroe.

QA1 has my vote.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back