Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

moparracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
round ones would be best:confused:

agreed 100% square tires will give you one hell of a speed wobble, and they are real unstable in corners or high speed...

the Generals did a great job for me in the 305/40R22 size

SRT10VENOMOUS said:
agreed 100% square tires will give you one hell of a speed wobble, and they are real unstable in corners or high speed...

It depends on what you are trying to do. The square ones really give it hell in the mud. You should see the look on everyone's faces when you can out off-road some of the bigger 4X4's while only sporting a street tread. The squares really dig in deep. Here's a pic of some squares that I used to run. The were pretty bad in stop and go traffic, and the ABS hated them. But on the plus side, I never had to worry about rolling back on a hill when I pushed the clutch in....

1005_final.jpg

Last edited:
WOT said:
It depends on what you are trying to do. The square ones really give it hell in the mud. You should see the look on everyone's faces when you can out off-road some of the bigger 4X4's while only sporting a street tread. The squares really dig in deep. Here's a pic of some squares that I used to run. The were pretty bad in stop and go traffic, but on the plus side, I never had to worry about rolling back on a hill....

1005_final.jpg

:rock: :rock: :rock: lol

LOL thats great.... love it

WOT said:
It depends on what you are trying to do. The square ones really give it hell in the mud. You should see the look on everyone's faces when you can out off-road some of the bigger 4X4's while only sporting a street tread. The squares really dig in deep. Here's a pic of some squares that I used to run. The were pretty bad in stop and go traffic, and the ABS hated them. But on the plus side, I never had to worry about rolling back on a hill when I pushed the clutch in....

1005_final.jpg

Perellis lasted about 19K ----decided to try Kumho's on recomendation from NBT (Kenny) the ride is softer and the truck tends to give a little more lean on turns ,,They have over half the tread left at the same mileage as the perellis... I recommend the Kumho's over the perrellis. They look good to me and a good price.

moparracing said:
can someone explain the difference between a 325/40/22 & a 305/45/22 ?? :dontknow:
325=325mm 40=40% of 325mm is what your sidewall height is

305=305mm 45=45% of 305mm is what your sidewall height is

For 22" wheels:

305/40 = 12.0" width, 31.6" diameter
305/45 = 12.0" width, 32.8" diameter
325/40 = 12.8" width, 32.2" diameter

Are the BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDW 2's any good. Do they help with traction in both dry and wet conditions??

I run the BF Goodrich KDW 2's. They are great on dry payment. They are not a good rain tire. I went with them because they have the softest thread compound I could find. Hey Randy why the taller side wall?

WOT said:
For 22" wheels:

305/40 = 12.0" width, 31.6" diameter
305/45 = 12.0" width, 32.8" diameter
325/40 = 12.8" width, 32.2" diameter
nice break-down, thanks... :)
basically, a 325/40 is wider/not as tall as a 305/45, which is 1.2" taller than a stock 305/40....... unfortunately, there is very little in tire choice for 325, which is why i'm staying with 305 in a taller sidewall (lot's to choose from)......:rock:

HV SRT said:
I run the BF Goodrich KDW 2's. They are great on dry payment. They are not a good rain tire. I went with them because they have the softest thread compound I could find. Hey Randy why the taller side wall?
the taller tire fill the wheel-well better & didn't have the BFG's on my poll because they don't have a 305/45/22.....

Last edited:
I just finished ordering some nitto nt420s for mine. Actually found them cheaper locally than my usual net spot. I'll let ya know how they are after Monday. Mileage hopefully will be higher than the 28k i got out of my falkens!

For those who want to see how a 305/45 fills in the wells. On the front I have 305/45 and on the rear I have the stock 305/40 and thats with an even stance only lowered in the back 1.5" (thanks stink great ride now). You can see the differance. But remember in the rear it will be like raising your rear end from say like my 4.10 to maybe a 4.15 or 20 if there where such a thing.
Picture007.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back