Votes: 11 17.7%
  • Gerneral Tire Grabber UHP

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Zeon XST-A

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
HV SRT said:
I run the BF Goodrich KDW 2's. They are great on dry payment. They are not a good rain tire. I went with them because they have the softest thread compound I could find. Hey Randy why the taller side wall?

This will be my next tire....:rock:

moparracing said:
which tires are you running now ? :dontknow:

Pirellis.....I like them but from what I read the BFs are better for traction on dry pavement than any of the tires...I dont drive the truck in the rain so wet traction means nothing to me...

TNVIPER said:
from what I read the BFs are better for traction on dry pavement than any of the tires...I dont drive the truck in the rain so wet traction means nothing to me...
unfortunately, they don't come in 305/45/22's........:(

well....... based on the poll so far, it looks like the Continental ContiCrossContact UHP & the Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico are your top picks...... interesting. :burnout:

DevilDawg3097 said:
For those who want to see how a 305/45 fills in the wells. On the front I have 305/45 and on the rear I have the stock 305/40 and thats with an even stance only lowered in the back 1.5" (thanks stink great ride now). You can see the differance. But remember in the rear it will be like raising your rear end from say like my 4.10 to maybe a 4.15 or 20 if there where such a thing.

Other direction...a taller tire will lower the effective gear ratio. On a truck with 4.10 gears, for every 4.1 revolutions of the driveshaft the tires turn once. Bigger tires means they spin once for now-fewer revolutions of the driveshaft, since the ratio is no longer 4.10:1 but 4.10:1.1 or whatever.

I've had the Cooper Zeon's on for a couple of weeks and about 1500 miles. I'm liking them more and more....way better ride than the Pirelli's. I've tried em on several surfaces and they hook up fine for street tires. And I like the way they look and the cornering is awesome. They are kinda bad about grabbing rocks on my dirt road. The Pirelli's didn't do that as much. Shouldn't be driving on dirt anyway:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:
Supposed to be 30k mile tires :dontknow: :dontknow: The Pirelli's were pretty much done at 10k from a high speed safety standpoint though I'm sure they would have run much longer....they were over half done, though but burnt quite a bit :D .
I'm sure all those tires are great. The Zeon's were cheaper by a lot over some of the others and Santeen got his Conti's for 171 I think...8 bucks cheaper than the Zeon's.
Anyway not advertising, the Zeon's seem really decent, and they are made in America, if that matters anymore. I'm sure everyone will just be glad to have new, cool tires:rock: :rock: :rock:

Sorry about the crappy pics, they look way better sitting in the parking lot clean:D :D :D

CooperZeons001.jpg

CooperZeons002.jpg

I have the Continental Conti Cross Contact UHP's on my truck in 305/45-22. They are out of round and won't balance properly. Bought them from Tire Rack. The truck rides rough with them. I had them road-force balanced, and it helped a bunch but still not perfect. I will not likely be buying these again due to the vibration problems.

However, they get awesome traction. On hot dry days, on white concrete, I can stomp the gas to the floor from a dig and they won't spin at all. I can launch lightly in the rain and then push it all the way to the floor around 40 mph and they don't spin if I am on good concrete.

Cruster said:
I've had the Cooper Zeon's on for a couple of weeks and about 1500 miles. I'm liking them more and more....way better ride than the Pirelli's. I've tried em on several surfaces and they hook up fine for street tires. And I like the way they look and the cornering is awesome. They are kinda bad about grabbing rocks on my dirt road. The Pirelli's didn't do that as much. Shouldn't be driving on dirt anyway:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:
Supposed to be 30k mile tires :dontknow: :dontknow: The Pirelli's were pretty much done at 10k from a high speed safety standpoint though I'm sure they would have run much longer....they were over half done, though but burnt quite a bit :D .
I'm sure all those tires are great. The Zeon's were cheaper by a lot over some of the others and Santeen got his Conti's for 171 I think...8 bucks cheaper than the Zeon's.
Anyway not advertising, the Zeon's seem really decent, and they are made in America, if that matters anymore. I'm sure everyone will just be glad to have new, cool tires:rock: :rock: :rock:

Sorry about the crappy pics, they look way better sitting in the parking lot clean:D :D :D

CooperZeons001.jpg

CooperZeons002.jpg
How are they in the rain ?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back