Whipple Lightning, New PB in street trim.

spyder1337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whipple Lightning 1/8th racing - Car Videos on StreetFire

Finally got the longbars and punisher vb installed so it was time to take it to the track.

Previous best with eaton was 8.25 @ 85 1.85 60ft. Specs, MMR 900 2.3 whipple 17-18 psi 550/640 16* 11.1-11.3 af comp stg 2 cams stock tb stock manifolds stock heads JLP race ice box JLP long bars punisher street vb stock converter Nitto 555R 305/45/18 (20 psi) Stock suspension.

First pass I did a ***** burn out, ice box full of ice.

2.1 60
8.3 @ 92.

Next pass, hot lapped, did a god smoky burnout, eased out, spun, hooked, spun.

1.88 60ft
7.71 @ 92.6.

Let the truck cool for about 45 mins, put about 1/4th a bag of ice in the tank, did a good, 10 sec burnout, stalled it to about 1200-1300, 3/4th slipped it out, kinda wheelhopped, spun, stayed in it, caught some traction about 30ft mark;

1.87 60ft
7.67 @ 92.57.

Ran two more times trying a different launch, ran bottom 8's both times just spinning like a whore.

I Was impressed with a full weight, system in the truck, how I drive it on the street setting a new personal best, not breaking anything and running mid 7's definitely think it has possibly 7.4x with the nittos and a better launch. However, not sure how much farther I could go past that with the nittos, not to mention, they look to be on borrowed time as it is tread wise.

I thought my et would be worse but mph faster.. was the opposite. Figured it should be somewhere in the 95 ish range.. anyway, spinning off the line isn't helping anything as well as spinning well into 2nd. Slicks would yield better times for sure, would like to also get it down et wise before I change out the shocks to QA1 adjustable.

Black1 said:
They have a 4 liter Whipple now.... :marchmellow:

:D :rock:

People are fighting the heat with the 3.4 as it is, could only imagine how that would be.

Just wanted to get a baseline to start at with the new setup, as everything is untouched in terms of weight and suspension.

I think I killed my nittos too with those burn outs.

Awesome times man!:congrats:

lthlvnm04 said:
Excellent camera work and narration:rock: :burnout:

As always, was relieved when I found out you were coming to the track.. knew I would atleast have my passes filmed good, fast or shitty!

spyder1337 said:
Thanks guys, work in progress for sure. Wanted to get a baseline to start with.

Another angle of the 7.67 pass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxzAzczAxvg&feature=player_embedded

Santeen, what did you make with the paxton? Any track times yet? School bus is getting a turbo upgrade btw.
No numbers yet. Will be dyno tuning this weekend. So I'll post up soon. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!! Turbo upgrade?!?!?! I really have no chance now.

IDK, it was on a hurt turbo for the last few months we just didn't know it, till.. well it took a shit. Explained why it was down on mph on just turbo. Not sure if the spray will be able to be used with the new turbo though, might max out the injectors on both of them. Your truck should be a 7 sec contender though with traction right?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back