Whitey in the 12s

LaserBob

Reaction score
I took my 06 MegaCab to Julesburg Drag Strip on Saturday. The oldest racetrack in the country, according to them.

It was mostly a test-n-tune day for me. I made 6 passes beginning at a mid 13 second run and then it got with it.
run 1: 13.579 111.42
run 2: 12.928 111.17
run 3: 12.860 110.47
run 4: 12.938 109.78
run 5: 12.833 109.44
run 6: 21.188 48.20 oops......

Nothing serious broke on run 6. I messed with the TTVA motor to see if I could do something with it and it went into limp mode right off the line. I just put it back and cleared the code.

I got all done, took off the DOT drag tires and put my street ones back on and hooked up to the trailer and brought the thing home. Towing a goose neck with my 95 on for a tow truck if I broke Whitey and I got 11.2 mpg for the day.

I am HAPPY!
IMG_1762_zps5f7f0ee6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Tuning with EFI Live by Zach at Starlite Diesel, trans built by me with parts and coaching by Dave Goerend, twins by Nathan at MPI, injectors by Don M, a couple of fuel pumps and a few more things in there.

It is my daily driver and I love it. LaserBob

Whitey around here is a stripeless CE, I was confused when I read the title. Those are some good runs!! :D

Whitey around here is a stripeless CE, I was confused when I read the title. Those are some good runs!! :D

same thing i thought:mad::D

good times though:rock::burnout:

60' times ranged from a slow of 2.48 on run #1, and 2.67 on run #6. The best was 1.945 on run #5. The rest were all 2.0? stuff.

I am learning how to get this sled moving. It is kind of a trick and it is still getting away from me somewhat. It sure is fun!

I am getting all kinds of advice from everywhere. Some of it good and others just, well, you know..........:driver:

Sorry if this is a stupid question and maybe I missed something, but what motor comes in that beast and can you give a list of mods? Thanks

you asked what motor. I can't help you feel like a complete idiot :D

Youre right, I should have said what SIZE motor lol, my bad. Guess I could google it but I still want to hear what mods he has to haul that heavy bitch down the track that fast. (wtf is happening to me….Im becoming….nice…)

06 is a 5.9 cummins
Anyone in the "dodge community" would know that
Early 07's had the 5.9 and the later 07's had the 6.7

Dom
Undefeated on the Internet

06 is a 5.9 cummins
Anyone in the "dodge community" would know that
Early 07's had the 5.9 and the later 07's had the 6.7

Dom

And your Cummins lesson for the day is complete. :D

But hey I've had more dodges then Venomtruck has had bitches lol

Dom

What I meant was, I know Dodge uses Cummins, I just didnt know the specs. I could have easily googled it like you did, but I thought Id just ask the guy. Since you felt the need to chime in, can you please tell me his list of mods too? You know so much its crazy, DrillBit Taylor. And you can keep your Dodges and Bitches, Ill stick with tanks, MRAPS, and real women.

Any time your ready soldier boy
His mods are
Cai
Tuner
Exhaust
Down pipe
Maybe aftermarket inter cooler
Maybe propane injection
Maybe a bigger turbo or turbod

Dom

Back