who are the moderators

Dragon,
I was in an interesting position of a MAJOR corporation using a logo that was similar to one our business group used. (yes it was copyrighted) We got tons of calls from every swinging lawyer on the west coast to go after them. Long story short we never did but the corporation allowed us to use their name brand as a tie in without payment.

I did learn much about infringement and such going through that. Bottomline....your logo's dont have to be that close to get yourself tied up in a legal battle. As for talking directly to one another...? I don't know a lawyer who would EVER recommend doing that. They are obviously being proactive in protecting their logo and certain they have retained counsel who made it very clear you come out of the gate swinging.

In my situation it was never ever mentioned when we communicated with the corporation directly. They knew who we were. We simply requested our desire to use their brand name in our advertising campaign. They replied with normal legalese in a contract with dollar amount of zero. We were satisfied...a little quid pro quo

dragon said:
I LOVE IT! that will be our new logo. lol.
Hey Patrick with your blessing I will fly it as my new avatar :rock: I started a whole new serial killer avatar of the week deal but willing to throw yours up instead....Next week I currently have Ed Gein on the slate so lemme know :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back