Who can figure this out?

SNAKEGUTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok the part in question is the driver side O2 sensor before the cat on my 2006 rc.

The part number for the sensor my truck came with is 56028994AB.

The part dodge has in there system is 56028997AA.

Now these sensors look different and even the harness has a different wire length.

The stock sensors "before cat" my truck came with have small holes in the tips.

The stock sensors "after cat" that came with the truck have slits.

So this new part number for a "before cat" sensor has slits.

Also the old part number 56028994AB the one that came on my truck is now listed for Jeeps.

Anybody got a clue as to what is up here?:dontknow:

My logic is telling me to get the old part number sensor as it is still available and still looks like the one my truck came with.

Anyone else run in to this?

If I remember from when I changed mine out a few years ago, the front left and right had different part numbers, but the rears had the same part number. The wiring clips were different on the 06 also, as I remember having to take one back and getting a different one.

I think you might be onto something, Oldcolt. Snakeguts, are you sure the dealer looked the part up correctly?

Yeah i have the print out from the dealer and the front one has the same number as one of the rears.

Everything matches up the only one that is off is the drivers before cat.

Yeah i have the print out from the dealer and the front one has the same number as one of the rears.

Everything matches up the only one that is off is the drivers before cat.

The front and rear O2 sensors are completely different electrically. So if you have a part number for a front that's the same as a rear, it's the WRONG thing. Somebody F'd up.

Both front O2's are electrically the same but may have slight differences in wire length and a slot/key on the connector which you can easily remove the key with a dremel tool and make a universal front.

--CC

Got it all sorted out.

Called Sean at Roe Racing. That man knows his sh!t.

Yes the book is wrong "dodge dealer".

The front is the same as the truck came with.

All is good got the correct ones on order.:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back