Who else suffers from back pain?

Forgot to add....."spine health.com" is a very good resource for up to date procedures, PT, pain mgt. ect....I spent a lot of time in their forum after my surgery. At this time there is nothing that can be done for me since things got so messed up, but I pray something will come along soon. It is true however that you dont "bedrest" a back injury anymore-PT and strength training is the way to go with your MD's approval.

TREKER said:
Anyone have any issues in the knee and not the back? My pain is all in the knee but I have no injury there. Checked twice too.
get new boots or shoes

Just got back from the doc and I showed him the website and info. At first he was skeptical about the procedure as I explained it to him. He immeaditately thought it was another one of those miracle back cures. But he's a great doc with me and since i took my laptop along he was willing to look at it. He read through and was familiar with the drug. He said when this drug intially came out they made a big deal about it and initially thought it was a cure for alziemers(didnt spell right) He said they would shoot patients up with it and about 1 in 5 would snapp right back into it however for one reason or another it just didnt work... Since then docs have been researching it for other uses. One of those happened to be for herniated disc pain and sciatica. He then started pulling out some of his medical books and looked up the procedure itself and it stated what it does. It pretty much states that for some unknown reason it tends to make the pain go away in the 4out of 5 patients but itwould nt do anyhting for making the damaged disc repair itself or contract. I really started getting excited about it at this point but he then explained to me that this is an off-label procedure and is not approved by the FDA. So he told me it wouldnt be covered under workers comp or my own insurance. I'm call the doc from the website and set up a visit, I really hope this makes the discomfort stop. i'll keep ya posted

Last edited:
Marc T said:
I had a lamenectomy at the L4-L5 level in 1985. My back is about 75% right now. I know what I can and cannot do!

Fortunately i can still surf and ride my bike for short periods of time. My next step is either an artificial disc or fusion.

I am a canidate for the disc but the Doc says the space between L4-L5 has shortened so much that he may not get it in.

I will eventually have the fusion, I just can't afford to be out of work for any real length of time. I do experience quite a bit of pain but I have learned to live with it!

Oh Yea, I also have had a 3 level fusion in my neck! One more reason why I am holding off on the lower back!

Getting old and being injured sucks but it could be worse!!:D :p

fcuk......:( :( :( :( makes me look like i have nothing

ur betteroff building up the muscles in ur back and changing bad habits u may have that cause u to aggrevate ur condition,i wont have back surgery for my l4-5 herniated disc because of what happened to my dad with his back surgery.

once u learn to deal with the pain it aint so bad,conditoning ur mind is the key to ur body sending less pain receptors out

flchub said:
ur betteroff building up the muscles in ur back and changing bad habits u may have that cause u to aggrevate ur condition,i wont have back surgery for my l4-5 herniated disc because of what happened to my dad with his back surgery.

once u learn to deal with the pain it aint so bad,conditoning ur mind is the key to ur body sending less pain receptors out

My back muscles are in good condition. I'm stronger now then I have ever been and you never see me picking some thing up beyond my limits or in a way that will hurt me. Thats part of the reason I havent reinjured myself lately... But the constant discomfort is coming from the spine... I want to live with this because i dont have a choice but when the pain starts to overcome pleasureble feelings of sensation down there you got find something to lessen or stop the pain.. If yall know what i'm talking about, only 24 to be dealing with this:eek:

FerrariTruck said:
My back muscles are in good condition. I'm stronger now then I have ever been and you never see me picking some thing up beyond my limits or in a way that will hurt me. Thats part of the reason I havent reinjured myself lately... But the constant discomfort is coming from the spine... I want to live with this because i dont have a choice but when the pain starts to overcome pleasureble feelings of sensation down there you got find something to lessen or stop the pain.. If yall know what i'm talking about, only 24 to be dealing with this:eek:
i'm not doubting ur back is strong but there are specific exercises and stretching u should be doing .

lay on ur back then have someone lift one leg at the heel of ur foot ,dont bend ur knee ,have them slowly push towards ur chest when they reach a certain point where it begins to hurt have them hold it in the positon at that point u need to take several deep breaths(to help relax) then continue to push .repeat this process until u cant stretch anymore ,then do the samething on the other leg

flchub said:
i'm not doubting ur back is strong but there are specific exercises and stretching u should be doing .

lay on ur back then have someone lift one leg at the heel of ur foot ,dont bend ur knee ,have them slowly push towards ur chest when they reach a certain point where it begins to hurt have them hold it in the positon at that point u need to take several deep breaths(to help relax) then continue to push .repeat this process until u cant stretch anymore ,then do the samething on the other leg

I do something similar to this before i start on my back workouts. Its called the super man. Pretty much just lay on my stomach and and bring my legs and arms up as if I were flying. When I do this I focus on contracting my lower back muscles... I do them now with 5-10lbs on each foot and that really makes you work!

FerrariTruck said:
I do something similar to this before i start on my back workouts. Its called the super man. Pretty much just lay on my stomach and and bring my legs and arms up as if I were flying. When I do this I focus on contracting my lower back muscles... I do them now with 5-10lbs on each foot and that really makes you work!
just try it,u might be surprised

Hamstring tighness plays a big role in back problems!!

This has been one of my biggest problems, every time I try to start a stretching program It irritates my back so bad I have to stop!!:mad:

I do better off sitting in a nice hot shower in the morning!!;)

Marc T said:
Hamstring tighness plays a big role in back problems!!

This has been one of my biggest problems, every time I try to start a stretching program It irritates my back so bad I have to stop!!:mad:

I do better off sitting in a nice hot shower in the morning!!;)

Thats is dead on brother... poorly streached hamstrings can pull your back out. It sucks streatching them out... but it's a better world when they are.
10-4 on the Hot showers:rock:

I was in a car accident (rearended) about 8 months ago, and have had lower back pain ever since then. My injury is soft tissue around the L3 and L4 areas.

It prevents me from doing alot of things, if I had to assign a pain number from 1 to 10.. I would say that its a 2-3 pretty much all the time.. unless I am taking some sort of a pain killer or relaxant.

I would prefer to not have surgery or shots...

I wish that Allsnake Insurance would get off their as*s and get this claim taken care of... the 16/yo chick that hit me keeps lying about the accident....

flchub said:

And he talks about us being gay? :p :marchmellow: ;) :eek: :D

Everytime you read it , its funnier.... :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back