Who has a Charger?

brokenarrow184

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just about have my wife talked into a Charger, we still need to go drive one (I have driven several). Currently she drives an 05 Tahoe Z71 and loves it. I love the Tahoe but at 84k miles and 13-14mpg, its time to get rid of it!

I would like to find one that is still under warranty so maybe an 07+, black R/T. I'd love to have the SRT8 but theres no way we can justify the extra expense, plus our 7yr old would reak havoc on that beautiful interior! It looks like some of the R/T's come with the nice interior so I might have to invest in some seat covers!

The black R/T sure would look nice sittin next to the black SRT10!

So lets hear some opinions from the Charger owners and those with experience with them..

brokenarrow184 said:
I just about have my wife talked into a Charger, we still need to go drive one (I have driven several). Currently she drives an 05 Tahoe Z71 and loves it. I love the Tahoe but at 84k miles and 13-14mpg, its time to get rid of it!

I would like to find one that is still under warranty so maybe an 07+, black R/T. I'd love to have the SRT8 but theres no way we can justify the extra expense, plus our 7yr old would reak havoc on that beautiful interior! It looks like some of the R/T's come with the nice interior so I might have to invest in some seat covers!

The black R/T sure would look nice sittin next to the black SRT10!

So lets hear some opinions from the Charger owners and those with experience with them..
just traded in a 06 srt8 black charger last saturday, couldve made you a deal on it had 25k miles call ronnie townsend at 800-937-9094 and he will set you up the car is in winston salem,nc has a 170 t-stat and a mopar cold air intake on it other than that its stock

I have owned both a 2006 RT and a SRT8 Charger....If you get the the RT make sure you get one with the Road & track package......I would much rather have the SRT8 than the RT and it is well worth the difference in price IMO...but I wouldnt turn down the RT..I loved the one I had..no complaints at all..........

My brother bought a 2006 RT 3 years ago and now has over 65K miles w/o any major problems....he has always traded at about 60K in the past but says he likes the Charger so well he is going to drive it to 100K.....and plans on trading for another Charger when he does trade..

Like all makes of cars they have their problems...trans leak, coolant problems, etc.....but Dodge has addressed these with TSBs.......gas mileage is very dependent on how you drive....expect 13-17 city and 20-27 hwy for the RT......SRT 11-16 city and 19-23 hwy..

i had an 06 charger R/T with the road and track package and loved it... traded it for the 300 srt8 only because of the employee discounts, it was too good to pass up, otherwise i would still be driving that R/T. its a great choice... the 08's have some nice improvements over the 06 and 07's

i really like our car (wifes car)it's a blast to drive,handles well.and i think it's a fun car to drive

You will not go wrong with the R/T, but for a few thousand extra, the SRT8 is worth the extra expense.

I had my R/T and SRT8 at the same time. When I finally traded the R/T in, it had about 4500 miles on it (had it a year). The SRT8 had 12K miles logged on her at the same time. haha Yes, I preferred to drive the 8.

But, if you do get the R/T, as Larry stated, get it with the Road and Track options.

I Have a 06 Top Bannana Charger Daytona RT and I love it for a everyday car. Gets upper 20's mpg on long drives and runs great.

Wife's daily driver is an '06 Go Man Go Charger Daytona. We like it alot, good performance, decent milage, and no problems at all.

1bad4dr said:
You will not go wrong with the R/T, but for a few thousand extra, the SRT8 is worth the extra expense.

I had my R/T and SRT8 at the same time. When I finally traded the R/T in, it had about 4500 miles on it (had it a year). The SRT8 had 12K miles logged on her at the same time. haha Yes, I preferred to drive the 8.

But, if you do get the R/T, as Larry stated, get it with the Road and Track options.
dude thanks so much for the info on the diablo. the challenger kicks ass now:rock:

eddie102870 said:
dude thanks so much for the info on the diablo. the challenger kicks ass now:rock:

I use a Predator on the Daytona...turns it into a different animal, I love that tool:rock:

you can't go wrong having one as a daily driver

Attachments

• plum crazy 061.jpg
    plum crazy 061.jpg
    898.3 KB · Views: 25

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back