Who has Forced Induction?

Stinker said:
roe = around mid 600's rwhp

paxton= top 600's
I would take a mid 600s twin screw over a high 600s centri any day...

Mods to money
N/A(exhaust) $4000 480ish rwhp

roe SC'r $6500 650ish rwhp

Paxton SC'r $8000 650ish plus rwhp

Turbo's $10,000 700ish plus rwhp

built motor Paxton $20,000 800ish plus rwhp

built motor turbo $30,000+ 1000plus rwhp

the power is yours:D

Dont forget that all these 500-1000 rwhp numbers are nice but you still gotta get it planted to the ground. For you auto guys add several thousand for an auto tranny to hold the power. As we've seen from the Florida get together traction is still an issue...especially at launch!!

I dont think any of us has the traction issue figured out yet but some are seriously working on it.

Roe Top Mount Twin Screw here...

620 rwhp, 639 ft. lbs. tq. tuned very conservative, 5.6 lbs of boost

Water/meth...VECIII...Mopar Long Tube headers...total cat delete...magnaflow...

AND AND AND...........

Soon to have a Stinker designed Detroit Locker 4.56 with Wildwood brakes...I suggest we call it a Stinker Locker!

have any of you guys with QC had problems with the trani after FI, i mean if you track it yea i understand but if u daily drive and get on it every once in a while.

Yeah I fried the stock one w/in 10,000 miles after FI. One main contributing factor is running a flash that takes off the torque management. If you search some of the other tranny threads there are some low cost things (2nd gear band and strut) along with a better torque converter that seems to let the tranny live better and is far cheaper than burning one up and having to replace. Would actually reccomend these done to a stock truck too.

Joe

ill def look into it thanks for the info, how agressive did u drive the truck? daily driver ect?

NBT said:

roesc004.jpg

roesc003.jpg

We will see what she has in her on the 24th of Feb.:rock:

Kenny,

I just now played yer clip first time.....

Yer truck sounds awesome bro..... More like a tuned supercharged V-8 than a 10.....

Awesome sound...

Tim

Tom said:
I would take a mid 600s twin screw over a high 600s centri any day...

to add something on this a roots "twin screw blower" will fall on its face up top where the centri shines, also the centri will make more power down the road with built motor ect.

Srt-BoZ said:
to add something on this a roots "twin screw blower" will fall on its face up top where the centri shines, also the centri will make more power down the road with built motor ect.

So your recommendation is to go with a centrifugal if you are racing for top speed say standing start 1 mile races...and if you intend to build the bottom end of the machine for all out racing, forged rods, pistons, hot (maybe roller) cam, lightened valve train lots of head work...then go with a Paxson...other wise go with the Roe Twin Screw:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

I think I need some more explanation...please.

Last edited:
its the same way with my vettes, go twin screw if u plan on staying blower exhuast tune "stock motor" it will be fun down low and it will make the power u want, if your looking to do a good build on the truck , forged internals ect go with the paxton it will make close to 950 hp if you want it too. for an example i had an 04 cobra with a whipple which is close to the roe both twin screws anyway the car pulled like an ape until they hit top end area and fall on its face due to internal boost bypass valve letting the boost out, the centri or paxton if you will shines up top and will make more peak hp in those areas. ive been through this debate alot and ive had cars and trucks with both. both systems have a belt so there will be the phrase " takes power to make power"

Srt-BoZ said:
ill def look into it thanks for the info, how agressive did u drive the truck? daily driver ect?

Yes it's my daily driver. I do drive aggressively but rarely can give it all its got, pretty much only on the interstate. It's never been on the quarter mile or had slicks on it. I now have slicks and as soon as I get it back will be taking it to the track.

Joe

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back