Who has the most miles on odometer ?

97K. Bought in May 2019 with 70K on the Odometer. It's also my daily driver.
I would like to daily mine but it's a little too low at the moment. Looking at changing to a different drop kit this summer so I can use it more.

I would like to daily mine but it's a little too low at the moment. Looking at changing to a different drop kit this summer so I can use it more.
Sounds practical! Is it the stock height now?

Sounds practical! Is it the stock height now?
No it's pretty much slammed. Looks tough but the lower front bumper scrapes more than I'd like.

A Viper engine was built as a high-performance engine. I.O.W. it was built for performance use.
One HP per cubic inch does not place it in a highly-stressed performance engine category.

Part of the success of certain engines was due to the combination of being overbuilt AND not generating enough power/r.p.m. to hurt themselves.

Keep the 8.3L full of clean, high-quality oil and maintain it and it should last a long time.

Unless you are bouncing it off the hard-limiter every time you drive it, running it too low on oil, etc; it should last just as long as any other engine. Driven conservatively, maybe even longer.

Have it tuned or have an engine rebuild done by someone that doesn't know what they're doing, and all bets are off.

Have fun

Last edited:
A Viper engine was built as a high-performance engine. I.O.W. it was built for performance use.
Keep it full of clean, high-quality oil and maintain it.
Unless you are bouncing it off the hard-limiter every time you drive it, it should last just as long as any other engine. Driven conservatively, maybe even longer.

Have it tuned or an engine rebuilt by someone that doesn't know what they're doing, and all bets are off.

Have fun
Sound advice

Figured I'd send them somewhere. But I am a diy guy so maybe I'll look into trying them myself.
Would like to know how myself , I’m the same way .. the if you want it done right do it yourself guy

I went with the McGaughy 2/4 drop. It has a slight forward rake to it, looks and handles fantastic!
I just used the shorter Shakes and it leveled out real well. They have grease fitting in them also .. reminds me I better grease them .

One HP per cubic inch does not place it in a highly-stressed performance engine category.

Part of the success of certain engines was due to the combination of being overbuilt AND not generating enough power/r.p.m. to hurt themselves.

Keep the 8.3L full of clean, high-quality oil and maintain it and it should last a long time.

Unless you are bouncing it off the hard-limiter every time you drive it, running it too low on oil, etc; it should last just as long as any other engine. Driven conservatively, maybe even longer.

Have it tuned or have an engine rebuild done by someone that doesn't know what they're doing, and all bets are off.

Have fun
Without a doubt as some have found out

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back