whoa got my ass handed to me!

it's a huge parasite. fwd cars cant get the jump, but they pull harder. the awd sucks up a lot of power. it's more heavy stuff turning, plus drag. my FWD cars are so much quicker from 2nd gear up. the AWD launch is pretty awesome though.

AWDisuzu said:
AWD is only good for the forst 50 feet. after that it kinda sucks.

Really?????

Unless you got the HP to take you to the next level....it's all about your budget......;)

Guy that's building my TT300ZX owns a NASTY AWD EVO-VIII.....500 AWHP....:2in1:

i don't want to go over 300whp in my awd car, because of the rarity of this car (only 800 made), and parts are not available to fix the awd when (not if) it breaks. So it pretty much just sits around all the time :-(

AWDisuzu said:
i don't want to go over 300whp in my awd car

Better get used to posting threads like this.....

As you stay @ 300HP.....the other guys are doing their homework and getting faster.........;)

I've actually never raced my AWD car before. Although it's fun to put around on the street! My FWD isuzu's have seen the low end of 10's several times though. Those cars are a dime a dozen, so when something breaks I can fix it easilly. Last year in vegas, I broke my halfshafts twice in a row! luckilly NAPA had some in stock. and lifetime warranty ;-)

First off, it Syclone with an S.

The Cyclone is a Ford.

Second, you can slap on a Paxton, Twin Turbo's, Nitrous - whatever. If you can't put it to the ground, you're still going to see the Sy's tailgate.:aetsch:

10's on Street Tires.:)
attachment.php

Last edited:
Hamrhead said:
First off, it Syclone with an S.

The Cyclone is a Ford.

Second, you can slap on a Paxton, Twin Turbo's, Nitrous - whatever. If you can't put it to the ground, you're still going to see the Sy's tailgate.:aetsch:

10's on Street Tires.:)
attachment.php

Well, first off yer right......(it's a Comet)...

...and second, thanks for helping me to make my point......

D

AWDisuzu said:
it's a huge parasite. fwd cars cant get the jump, but they pull harder. the awd sucks up a lot of power. it's more heavy stuff turning, plus drag. my FWD cars are so much quicker from 2nd gear up. the AWD launch is pretty awesome though.

before the srt-10, we did srt-4's. love those little v-8 killers. anyways, we raced some sti's and evo's at the local 1/8 mile and they got us out the hole but from 2nd gear it was all srt-4. you shoulda seen the look on those guys faces, they pay 30,000+ for those awd, we pay less than 20 for ours and kicked awd butt. so funny.

Silent D said:
Well, first off yer right......(it's a Comet)...

...and second, thanks for helping me to make my point......

D
That's what I love about you Django, your such a kind gentle soul......LMAO!!!:D

Rockin Ronnie said:
That's what I love about you Django, your such a kind gentle soul......LMAO!!!:D
By the way since your a paxton expert.....have you had any damage to the motor from the paxton and what boost are you running it at??
Thanks D:D

Back