WHOSE BEEN RESCUED - FLATBED OR TRAILER?

Wifey

VTCoA
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't really think there's ever been a thread really addressing this, besides a little chatter here and there.

So the question is - if you have ever been rescued was it by a flatbed or a trailer or what?

What did you have to remove (or not remove) to hook up the winch - Where did they hook the winch on to the truck? Did they use belts, chains, hooks, T-hooks, straps? And how did the front fascia fare?

How did your tow go? Curious minds need to know :D

Thank YOU!!

I had mine loaded on a roll-back flat bed truck. Pulled it up backwards. I did not remove anything. Don't know how he hooked it up, but there was no issues at all. Mine is stock height.

Lifted rear and floated to the shop (lowered rc), didn't remove anything. I requested a flatbed but that was a no go due to tranny failure, so they said.

I had mine loaded on a roll-back flat bed truck. Pulled it up backwards. I did not remove anything. Don't know how he hooked it up, but there was no issues at all. Mine is stock height.

Ditto---not a scratch, nothing removed and all went well.

1st time was by a driver who was an Viper Truck fan. roll back, pulled up by the front, no prob. blew an oil cooler line.

2nd time, twisted the center out of the clutch. this driver did not know of the Viper truck, but was a very caring guy. so him & i got her up on the roll back with no prob.

the real question is, whats up with da beast???

oh & howdy Wifey

Oh, the Queen is fine! Just taking her in for the Tekata air bag recall - now that the stealer has both sides available. :D

I was just wondering in the UNLIKELY event she would need rescued, what the procedure would be.

I would hate to have to shove a driver in front of a diesel truck from the edge of a busy freeway :p :p But anything is possible in Kommi-fornia :listen:

HOWDY!!!! Hope you are well!

Attachments

• Queenie.jpg
    Queenie.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Oh, the Queen is fine! Just taking her in for the Tekata air bag recall - now that the stealer has both sides available. :D

I was just wondering in the UNLIKELY event she would need rescued, what the procedure would be.

I would hate to have to shove a driver in front of a diesel truck from the edge of a busy freeway :p :p But anything is possible in Kommi-fornia :listen:

HOWDY!!!! Hope you are well!

Do you cover the seats in plastic like you see in the old days with your grandparents furniture ? ... you seam like the type of plastic covered seats and well furniture lol

Attachments

• plastic-covered-couch.jpg
    plastic-covered-couch.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 24
Do you cover the seats in plastic like you see in the old days with your grandparents furniture ? ... you seam like the type of plastic covered seats and well furniture lol

I don't use plastic - it is a spray on chrome tint coating - water based :D :p

I can always depend on you for my "smart ass" fix LOL

The couch cover is very cool!!! Protects the cushions from the ashes from the joint she is smoking LOL

Last edited:
My truck has been flat bedded I think a total of 4 times. 3 times were to take it to a dealership to find out what broke which they couldnt figure out, took it back home from them and then to ARD to have the motor rebuilt.

Last time was when I blew a power steering line that went to the fan in rush hour traffic on a stupid hot 95 degree day.

I used AAA for all 4 of them.

Slightly off topic but Earl's bad engine reminded me. Anyone remember the guy who rebuilt his engine while it was in the truck a few years back? Wondering how that's holding up.

Well the Queen has her new air bags! Damn Tekata anyways :mad: At least these new ones have a less powerful explosive charge :p

NO flatbed or trailer required - top running condition :rock: :rock: :rock: My pool boy got the day off so he could take her in for me. Yetti hates cleaning pools anyway since his fur clogs the filters before he finishes ;)

Fully inspected and passed with flying colors! GEN-X ROCKS, slides right into third with the slightest push of the palm. Makes driving so nice!

The service tech had never even seen one before! His boss asked if he knew how to drive a stick shift before letting him move her on the lot - LOL LOL I forgot most people don't know what to do with that third pedal down there :dontknow:

And the tires are brand new! They are original from 2004 :D :D :D

The bad news .................................

She now has 5,830 miles on her!!! :eek:

Well the Queen has her new air bags! Damn Tekata anyways :mad: At least these new ones have a less powerful explosive charge :p

NO flatbed or trailer required - top running condition :rock: :rock: :rock: My pool boy got the day off so he could take her in for me. Yetti hates cleaning pools anyway since his fur clogs the filters before he finishes ;)

Fully inspected and passed with flying colors! GEN-X ROCKS, slides right into third with the slightest push of the palm. Makes driving so nice!

The service tech had never even seen one before! His boss asked if he knew how to drive a stick shift before letting him move her on the lot - LOL LOL I forgot most people don't know what to do with that third pedal down there :dontknow:

And the tires are brand new! They are original from 2004 :D :D :D

The bad news .................................

She now has 5,830 miles on her!!! :eek:

Take it easy, at this pace you will be breaking 420 miles a year in no time... the poor old girl will be worn out with that type of heavy use..

My truck blew a power steering hose (which also runs the fan) in Daytona at a huge Viper meet...(embarrassing)
Had it flat bedded onto a trailer. Truck is lowered. Drove it right on the flat bed.

Next time it left me stranded was when the upper radiator hose blew and there was no water around. Drove it 1 mile at a time- and let it cool for 20 minutes for 6 miles. Sucked. Changed the thermostat and both hoses. It was the upper radiator hose clamp. The stock pinch type. Man they suck.

Mine was rolled onto a flatbed when my fuel pump went out. No issues.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back