Why doesn’t the password reset work?

2005ViperRam

Reaction score
For about 5 months now I couldn’t figure out my password. Numerous time (like 30) I clicked the “Forgot my Password” button at the login. Each time it says it sent it, but didn’t. I looked in the Spam folder, the trash folder, and everywhere else. Nothing was ever sent.
I click on create a new account and can’t since I already have an account.
Luckily for me, I found a really old notebook from 2013 which had my password in it and was able
to log in tonight.
So what’s up with members not being Albee to click the “Forgot my Password” button and never getting a email? How many other ps are in the same position I was in and can’t get in? What kind of “work-around” can be implemented to send at least an email to an admin to let them know members are having problems? Remember, a lot of the areas members that are not logged in can’t see the proceedure to get them in…
Thanks…

For about 5 months now I couldn’t figure out my password. Numerous time (like 30) I clicked the “Forgot my Password” button at the login. Each time it says it sent it, but didn’t. I looked in the Spam folder, the trash folder, and everywhere else. Nothing was ever sent.
Luckily for me, I found a really old notebook from 2013 which had my password in it and was able
to log in tonight.
So what’s up with members not being Albee to click the “Forgot my Password” button and never getting a email? How many other ps are in the same position I was in and can’t get in? What kind of “work-around” can be implemented to send at least an email to an admin to let them know members are having problems? Remember, a lot of the areas members that are not logged in can’t see the proceedure to get them in…
Thanks…
Well hello and so glad you finally got back in!!!

I've had trouble being able to access areas of the forum and don't know why. I've contacted the admin since the moderators can't correct the issue and zero response from the admin??

I don't know if the forum just isn't up to date anymore or if the admin even gets the messages so who knows??

the good thing is that you got back in and I hope there aren't others out there struggling to reset their password like you were!

welcome back!!

to log in tonight.
Thanks…
I had the same problem .I tried a dozen times .I sent emails and requests and no reply . I got lucky and and kept putting in passwords That I used in the past and bingo I got it !

@Shaggy is the only option I know to fix this and I’m not sure if it’s a outgoing email issue used by xenforo or the email provided by the user, that can be checked both by the user now that the user can log in or me.

The simplest solution, stop using passwords you can’t remember

@Shaggy is the only option I know to fix this and I’m not sure if it’s a outgoing email issue used by xenforo or the email provided by the user, that can be checked both by the user now that the user can log in or me.

The simple analogy!!! I love it!!!

Have you even seen or heard from shaggy or is he disappeared?

But not the safest solution .. a safer solution would be to track all hackers and remove their digits so they can’t use the keyboards . I WONT GO ANY FURTHER THAN THAT ON REMOVALS HAHAHA .
Now everyone go change your passwords older than 3 months and be sure to add at least 1 Capitol letter 1 ,1 number 1 lower case letter , 1 special character but limited to only #,& and * and must be 85 characters long . Never use the same password on different websites .UHG!
Ah hell just get rid of the devices and the web and go back to the simple days . I need a few new targets for practicing with my hole puncher anyway .

Last edited:
But not the safest solution .. a safer solution would be to track all hackers and remove their digits so they can’t use the keyboards . I WONT GO ANY FURTHER THAN THAT ON REMOVALS HAHAHA .
Now everyone go change your passwords older than 3 months and be sure to add at least 1 Capitol letter 1 ,1 number 1 lower case letter , 1 special character but limited to only #,& and * and must be 85 characters long . Never use the same password on different websites .UHG!
Ah hell just get rid of the devices and the web and go back to the simple days . I need a few new targets for practicing with my hole puncher anyway .
That's no shit!! Hahahaha

The bad thing is it keeps getting worse !
I filed a “feeling” with one international White Hat division. They were not interested in fixing anything that prevents them from interfering in your life, they suggested the Easter bunny

I filed a “feeling” with one international White Hat division. They were not interested in fixing anything that prevents them from interfering in your life, they suggested the Easter bunny
Hahaha ! The eastern bunny is to busy leading a certain countries leader around and to busy I’m guessing

Hilarious. And most likely that's the best chance at getting anything done these days!

Sorry guys, I wish that was something we could help with. These are the listed staff you never hear from that have admin listed in their profiles, maybe they can do something:
https://www.vtcoa.com/members/griffin.13833/
https://www.vtcoa.com/members/lwm.14849/
Maybe they can do something about my insufficient privileges for any forum classified???
What's that all about anyways???
Where are the administrators? Frustrating that they don't respond to posts or to contact made from the contact us area of the site

Shaggy??? Did the Martians abduct you??? :eek:

I may have to join the TRX forum and track Shaggy and Griffin down over there! :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back