Why should I buy an SRT-10 QC?

WA 2 FST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First of all... this is a serious question, and no, I am not a troll. I've been around various car enthusiast forums for years and have too much respect for the mods and all the folks who spend a lot of time running these to waste bandwidth.

Here's my story (as short as possible). I currently have a 300C SRT8 and am considering trading it in on a 6k mile '06 QC (asking price is $28.9k...which I think is a solid deal... the truck is not mint, at least not to those of us who are anal about our vehicles, but it is in good shape). It appears to be 100% stock.

I drove the truck yesterday. It rode fine on the highway and through a short stretch of town, handled ok, but seemed very large and heavy (I'm used to SC trucks), which I could understand. The brakes were fantastic. The auto trans shifted well. While I didn't beat on it, I will say that it just didn't feel very quick.

I have done a little research and it looks like a tune is imperative to get the most out of the QC. How much will this realistically get me, performance-wise? I don't plan on dumping a ton of $$ into it. I have a few other "toys" to go really fast in I would like it to run mid-low 13s (in TX, not ATCO or Englishtown:D ) without a lot of effort, though. Forced induction is out of the question. Again, I'm not trying to set land speed records in a 5800# truck.

I am contemplating going back to the dealer to drive it again... this time giving it a harder test, and am wondering if there is anything I should look out for as far as purchasing a used truck.

Thanks guys. I sincerely appreciate any advice you can offer.

28.9 is too much

yeah price seems a lil high right now go beat it up you can expect really good gains with a stage 2 flash gets rid of the tq mgmt and changes shift points i think they are good for around 40 hp correct me if im wrong

I'd buy a QC from one of our members that already has some nice power adder mods already... You'd save a buncha bux in the long run ... And have more fun, I think....

Anyone got a nice QC for sale, guys......?

Welcome to the asylum....

D

First welcome to the club..........SCT tuner with Roe flash & catless mids and you have a mid 13 truck depending on which track....add a blower and you are in the 12s on most tracks...

Sounds like you know what you are looking for to me. I agree with the rest...you can probably find a fine stock QC in the mid-twenties with a little work and patience.

A flash will get you into the 13's and if you want a little more push, possibly a light spray will get you into the lower 13's.

The QC's are frequent sellers here...there is currently one available from Eddie, with a Roe SC...it would certainly be a low 13 truck if not the 12's with a little practice. On the other hand, it will also be a fine long term daily driver if not raced frequently. Honestly, at some point you will probably want to go to forced injection...most of us do sooner or later...Eddie's could probably be bought without the Roe...but hell, since it is there...go for it!

And welcome!

Welcome to the club. As for 1/4 mile times with a QC, I ran a 12.95 @ 106 with a flash, CAI and catback at Rockingham.

outnumbered said:
Welcome to the club. As for 1/4 mile times with a QC, I ran a 12.95 @ 106 with a flash, CAI and catback at Rockingham.

Yup, find a better price and spend the money you saved on headers, exhaust, CAI and a SCT tuner and you're good to go. ;)

Jake (Black1) is selling his QC as well!

My QC only has a DC Stage II tune and a Drop-in K&N, and I ran a 13.323 @ 103 in 80 degree weather at Bradenton, Fl.

Low to Mid 13's should be easily attained!

If the one you drove feels heavy and sluggish, there may be something wrong with it. Even with my stock tune installed, mine never feels sluggish. JMO

there has been alot of talk on this site about what is best R/C of Q/C.
Depends on what you want the truck for.I love my quad.It may not be the fastest thing around but they look great,still haul ass pretty good.(get a flash)can haul 6 people if needed.I have always owned a ruck and this one has been the best I have owned hands down.Wecome to the show!!

I ran 12.7 @ 108 with a tune/intake/exhaust on street tires. Several QC's have run High 12's on street tires. Eddie's truck will run low 12's on DR's. His truck is a steal at 30K and it has a built tranny but the engine is stock.

WA 2 FST said:
First of all... this is a serious question, and no, I am not a troll. I've been around various car enthusiast forums for years and have too much respect for the mods and all the folks who spend a lot of time running these to waste bandwidth.

Here's my story (as short as possible). I currently have a 300C SRT8 and am considering trading it in on a 6k mile '06 QC (asking price is $28.9k...which I think is a solid deal... the truck is not mint, at least not to those of us who are anal about our vehicles, but it is in good shape). It appears to be 100% stock.

I drove the truck yesterday. It rode fine on the highway and through a short stretch of town, handled ok, but seemed very large and heavy (I'm used to SC trucks), which I could understand. The brakes were fantastic. The auto trans shifted well. While I didn't beat on it, I will say that it just didn't feel very quick.

I have done a little research and it looks like a tune is imperative to get the most out of the QC. How much will this realistically get me, performance-wise? I don't plan on dumping a ton of $$ into it. I have a few other "toys" to go really fast in I would like it to run mid-low 13s (in TX, not ATCO or Englishtown:D ) without a lot of effort, though. Forced induction is out of the question. Again, I'm not trying to set land speed records in a 5800# truck.

I am contemplating going back to the dealer to drive it again... this time giving it a harder test, and am wondering if there is anything I should look out for as far as purchasing a used truck.

BUy eddies and you will not have a problem with 13 or 12 and I believe 11's. but seriously I would look around on here first there are some that are basically stock and tuned, becuase yes a tune does make a bigger differance on the QC.

WA 2 FST said:

You should buy my 05 QC and put the diff$$$ into mods???
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...303998879&sspagename=STRK:MESELX:IT&viewitem=

thewelshm;) :D

Guys,

You all are very helpful here, and I appreciate the welcome to the new guy.

I really do not want a highly modded truck as a daily-driver. That may sound crazy to a lot of other enthusiasts, but I have several other go-fast vehicles...one reason I'm considering selling my SRT8 and my current truck to get a QC. That would open up a garage bay for another hot-rod I have my eye on b/c it would combine the utility of a truck which I need (I don't tow, but I do haul things from time to time) and something that will seat 4-5 comfortably.

I know $28.9 is a bit high for one of these, but the miles are extremely low and its the last model year. Plus... that's just the asking price. I wouldn't pay that, and I seriously doubt the dealer would expect me to.

Eddie's truck is awesome, but it's a lot farther down the mod-road than I want to go with this particular vehicle.

Thanks again for the welcome. Hopefully, if I get one of these and reveal the rest of my garage, you will still speak kindly. ;) Seriously, I appreciate the assistance and genuine thoughtfulness towards a new guy.

My Srt8 magnum killed my truck, until the tune now i pull on her alittle..............

get the truck you can haul ass and stuff, but you got to add a stage 2.

i am by this sites standards lightly modded. i daily drive my truck. reasons to buy for me. i could take my kid b/c of backseat. i can use bed if i have to. i can beat a vette with a quad cab truck. i usually flip toys very quickly. i have had this truck for 15 months and couldnt see myself driving anything else.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back