Why should I buy an SRT-10 QC?

I sold my 05 QC about a 1.5 years ago and out of all my hot rods I wish I would have kept it the most. It ran 13.5 bone stock, was very classy to drive up in. Could take the family out for dinner, interior is awesome, could tow with it. And the truck absolutely loved nitrous! On a 175 shot it would light the tires up at 60 mph.

I kick my self in the ass for selling it. I paid 29k for a 05 with 700miles on it 2 years ago. And now I may look into getting another one.

Good to see you here Wes.....give that local QC another try and see if it changes your view any. It's not gonna pull like your L does or anything, but it will respond much differently if you drive it a bit harder this time.

--wes

headers a stage 2 flash and catless mids will get you what you want. stock qc's need a little kick in the pants until you get the bug like i did:D

Is there really any advantage to getting an '06 vs. an '05. There are plenty of low, low mileage (as in under 6k miles) QC's out there to be had in the $25-27k range.

To me the only advantages of an 06 is the colors (including the Night Runner limited edition). Everything else I like on the 04-05 models.

What it comes down to is your personal choice though. If you like the interior/exterior styling of the 06's get it. If not get an 04-05.

One other thing to consider is that I think there are more simple upgrades for the 04-05's, but I would go with whatever style you like better.

WA 2 FST said:
Is there really any advantage to getting an '06 vs. an '05. There are plenty of low, low mileage (as in under 6k miles) QC's out there to be had in the $25-27k range.

Find a broker that will buy an '05 or '06 for you at the auctions. They can find low mileage vehicles, still in warranty and they usually charge about $4 or 500 over their wholesales cost...add another $2 - 4 hundred for transportation from the auction site...and you have a great vehicle at a great price. You will have to pay cash...but that is good if you can make it happen.

And welcome!

roy i would imagine you could get one behind wholesale right now.

You are probably right Eddie...the market is really depressed.

I am thinking about going to a Caddy dealer this weekend and talking to them about a '09 CTS-V (556 hp Sedan!)...I bet they are really hurting for any kind of sale.

I also have my partner looking for one at the auctions nation wide...

Roy

Prof said:
Find a broker that will buy an '05 or '06 for you at the auctions. They can find low mileage vehicles, still in warranty and they usually charge about $4 or 500 over their wholesales cost...add another $2 - 4 hundred for transportation from the auction site...and you have a great vehicle at a great price. You will have to pay cash...but that is good if you can make it happen.

And welcome!

I am paying cash.

The only issue is that I am extremely picky. What a lot of people consider "mint", I don't. I'm not sure I can trust someone I don't know to purchase a vehicle for me, when I've never laid eyes on it.

That being said... do you know of any brokers? I don't even know where to start looking.

And thank you for the welcome. :)

Thanks for the welcome!

My issue with a broker might be that I am just so darn picky. What some people consider mint condition, I do not. I'm not sure it would be fair for anyone for me to have someone else pick out a vehicle for me, sight unseen by me.

That being said, I wouldn't know the first place to look for a broker. I do have cash.

The other option I have considered is the one you mention above. Trade my SRT8 on a CTS-V. They look extremely nice, but have yet to hit the showrooms, I believe.

amtrucker22 said:
To me the only advantages of an 06 is the colors (including the Night Runner limited edition). Everything else I like on the 04-05 models.

What it comes down to is your personal choice though. If you like the interior/exterior styling of the 06's get it. If not get an 04-05.

One other thing to consider is that I think there are more simple upgrades for the 04-05's, but I would go with whatever style you like better.

Excellent info. Thank you. I actually prefer the '05 interior, and prefer NOT to have a hard tonneau cover. I didn't realize they made QC's in '04. Sorry for my ignorance.

You were not mistaken, there were no QC's in 2004. So your choices are 05 or 06. Good luck with the search and welcome.

WA 2 FST said:
Excellent info. Thank you. I actually prefer the '05 interior, and prefer NOT to have a hard tonneau cover. I didn't realize they made QC's in '04. Sorry for my ignorance.

Did not make quad cabs in "04"

Guys,

I do use my truck occasionally to haul stuff in. Does the SRT-10 have factory "tie down" hardware? If not, have any of you installed some? Would just need something as simple as a place where I could run bungie-cords around to hold things in place.

Thanks again for all the helpful info. I'm still debating the purchase, and still shopping for the right truck.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back