Wich exhaust is from the dealer?

SRT-QC

Reaction score
Is it Maganaflow?I heard there was a cat back system from the dealership.Should I also remove the rear cats?Does this kit work with removed cats?What goes in place of the rear cats?Is Boomer cheaper than the dealer?

Last edited:
THE EXHAUST IS BORLA. THERE IS A HEADER KIT FROM MOPAR LIST IS 1,899.00 FOR THE HEADER KIT. AND LIST FOR THE BORLA IS 699.00. BUT YOU CAN NEGOTIATE WITH THE DEALERS. REMOVE THE CATS ADD LOTS OF POWER.

Depending on what kind of sound you want.I installed the magnaflow and did not like the sound.Did the mopar header package w/cat delete and borla cat back.The borla is not a throaty sound its more of a rice rocket on steroids sound. was thinking of trying the 50 series flowmaster and see how it sounds.If i do ill post it. GOOD LUCK

how do yall delete that cats?The dealer wont do that if its ilegal.Are yall doing it yourself and buying it from the dealer?What goes in place of the cats?or is the kit made with no cats and the pipe just goes strait where the cats would be?Also what is the power gain with the Borla compared to other brands?

Dealer will install the headers, delete the cats, and install the Borla (MOPAR) catback system. They will mark your invoice "for off road use only"....at least that is what my dealer did. I agree with Venom10, the Borla (MOPAR) catback sounded more rice rocket, so I took it off and put my Magnaflow system back on. I notice no power difference between the Borla and Magnaflow...just preferred the sound of the Magnaflow...

I beleive it was roe racing that has a flow master muffler for our truck that goes in our stock system they even have a video on there site sounded pretty good.

If you delete the cats you will need the o2 simulators so your ck engine light does not come on.

SRT-QC no matter which system you have , if you have long tube headers, delete cats, It WILL be loud, especially at Wide open throttle.

If you want to delete the cats, X-metal and Venom Performance both have them, and during inspections you can reinstall the stock cats.

the best way to go is get a set of mids from a vendor and have them made with hi flow cats,

completely deleting cats will give you around 20rwhp, but installing hi flow cats you will still get around 12-15rwhp.

Doing this you will also need to get O2 simulators witch the vendors also have.Some have not needed them , just remember you may have to use them, they go in place of the rear O2 sensors so you dont have an ngine light come on.

Most dealers in my area will not even talk about deleting the cats, you will need to check with yours first.

By the way long tube headers are the only way to go, shorty headers are cheaper but also dont give you much performance.

The magnaflow gives you a NASCAR type sound at WOT, and the borla is totally different , also many members have also had problems with the borlas muffler system developing cracks over time, just keep that in mind also.

x-metal has the magnaflow on sale for $468 or close, shipped.

Gary at x-metal is in California right now so it may be a week before he returns to the shop.

hope this long bunch o words help:D

ok so what is Xmetal a dealer? they have the mids with the cats deleted?Is that the package I should get with cat back magnaflows?I dont realy like that import on steroids sound that some vipers have.I dont want headers at this time.Just a no cats and catback system that sounds better.

If I get just the K&N drop in filter do you still get a better intake sound like yall keep talking about or is that from a hole cold air kit ?

X-metal is Boomer (Gary). Now last I heard the Mopar headers had to be modified in order to fit QC's. And as far as I know Boomer was the only one who knew how to modify the headers. Also I like the way the bellangers look. They are little pricey, but I have only heard of good things.

If you delete only the rear cats then you will not need sims as they get their info from the front cats. If you are really worried about sound then you should try to track down someone with a magnaflow already on it. Then see if you like the sound. I had the after market Borla on mine and loved it. Roe Racing has some nice stuff also.

exhaust?

There is another option-
take your mids and remove the guts fom the cats,you won't believe how the engine performs through all that restriction,it takes welding skills to re-attach the cat to the pipe,they have to be separated to gut them out,----then there is still the Sim's,my understanding is if you have the Mopar flash no Sim's are needed,What I don't understand is why the other flash's do not,acomplish the same thing so Sim's don't even enter in to the Deal?
Bill

gearheadbill said:
then there is still the Sim's,my understanding is if you have the Mopar flash no Sim's are needed,What I don't understand is why the other flash's do not,acomplish the same thing so Sim's don't even enter in to the Deal?
Bill

I thought you have to have sims if you remove the front cats regardless of the flash. But I'm not sure.

Thanx guys.I dont think I can swallow nearly $2,000 for headers.It just isnt that important to me to have that extra HP.I am going to get the Stage 2 computer,Catbacks and a drop in filter.It apears these three things will be the most bang for the buck.I realy need a better sond.The comparison to the sound of these trucks to a UPS truck is right on the money:)

Something to keep in mind,a V10 will NEVER sound like a V8.I have the magnaflow on my 04 SRT and my 99 Ram with the 360 Magnum.The 99 sounds better than the SRT to me.Deeper and throaty.The SRT with Magna flow sounds way better than stock,but not at all like a V8.

FlyingLow said:
X-metal is Boomer (Gary). Now last I heard the Mopar headers had to be modified in order to fit QC's. And as far as I know Boomer was the only one who knew how to modify the headers. Also I like the way the bellangers look. They are little pricey, but I have only heard of good things.

If you delete only the rear cats then you will not need sims as they get their info from the front cats. If you are really worried about sound then you should try to track down someone with a magnaflow already on it. Then see if you like the sound. I had the after market Borla on mine and loved it. Roe Racing has some nice stuff also.
mopar has a kit for quad cabs now

I understand the 10 will never sound like the 8 hemi but anything is better than stock.Anyone have the Mopar pipes yet?

There are plenty of options for exhaust mods. Just keep in mind that most of the HP gains are in the mids. Dont cut any corners from the mids back and you will have a great sounding truck and achieve decent HP gains.

You do have to be careful if your state performs emissions or physical inspections. HF cats arent that bad and are only a 5-8 rwhp hit.

BTW, after the cam install I will gladly enter any "best sounding truck contests" :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back