Widest tires for stock 22" rim????

vvv90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it's been asked a bajillion times. No search results though.

What's the widest tires you can put on the stock rim? Stock 305's are pretty nice but I have to replace the rears. Was just wondering if a 315-335 might fit at a decent price.

Thanks!

vvv90 said:
I'm sure it's been asked a bajillion times. No search results though.

What's the widest tires you can put on the stock rim? Stock 305's are pretty nice but I have to replace the rears. Was just wondering if a 315-335 might fit at a decent price.

Thanks!

You can go to tirerack.com to see or just call them. They are pretty good at telling you the largest size you can put on. I upgraded my 04 ram to 305's on the stock 20" rims. The truck sits an inch lower due to less sidewall but a good alternate to lowering kits for a regular hemi ram.

BigBlkQC is running 325's...pm him and see how he likes 'em.

305/40/22 are 31.5 tall the 325 will be 32.25 taall. Thats 3/4 an inch thicker tire. I think the tire looks too thick and takes away it low profile appeal. Its wider, will protect the rim from curb rash, but at .79 inches wider and the reduction in the gear ratio, you wont be faster, and it may actually hurt the launch as you have to tuck the tire onto a rim that is recommended to be 11-13 inches wide. This will reduce the psi of the sidewall rubber on the pavement.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back