Wife traded in here VW CC.....

that sounds exactly what is leaking by the location they're giving.
that is the solenoid that activates MDS (4 cyl mode)

So, called this morning (9:00) and manager said he hasn't talked to the tech yet and would call me back when he had he info about my veicle. No call as of 4:00 pm and my call to him was sent to message......... not impressed.

Update. "We were short a tech today, so no one has looked at it today" .......... Nice..

I'm going to go ahead and delete my previous post that says trust the dealer since you are clearly not their number one priority. Sorry you're having this much trouble so early in your ownership experience.

Well, since I was waiting at the dealership since before they opened, they seem to be looking at it. They got it to leak again and I asked to go out and see it on the lift. While the tech was showing me the leak, he was talking to service manager and he said it already had a new ms solenoid, he put it in when he changed the motor........ So it appears that the motor was replaced at 20k for rod knock. Is this common? Doesn't show up on any reports and not disclosed by the dealer. They sold this jeep new and have all records for it.....since I told them I wanted everything on the jeep, even if it just drove by the dealer... pissed

Well, since I was waiting at the dealership since before they opened, they seem to be looking at it. They got it to leak again and I asked to go out and see it on the lift. While the tech was showing me the leak, he was talking to service manager and he said it already had a new ms solenoid, he put it in when he changed the motor........ So it appears that the motor was replaced at 20k for rod knock. Is this common? Doesn't show up on any reports and not disclosed by the dealer. They sold this jeep new and have all records for it.....since I told them I wanted everything on the jeep, even if it just drove by the dealer... pissed

I'd be pissed too. Are you going to try and unwind the purchase?

I guess it's nice to have a motor with only 2k miles on it, but really pissed they didn't tell me. Spent an hour under jeep on the lift checking everything out. Everything else looks great.

I guess it's nice to have a motor with only 2k miles on it, but really pissed they didn't tell me. Spent an hour under jeep on the lift checking everything out. Everything else looks great.

I wouldn't be happy about this either, if the engine was replaced due to abuse, the rest of the drive line has also had a hard life. With the dealer not disclosing that it would be a red flag for me.

Just the valve cover leaking. Want to order a new one. Will be in on Tuesday or wed. a the latest. Mopar connection, what do u guys do in situation? Do guys normally reveal this info? The new motor was coveted by dodge warranty for rod knock@ 20k

Just the valve cover leaking. Want to order a new one. Will be in on Tuesday or wed. a the latest. Mopar connection, what do u guys do in situation? Do guys normally reveal this info? The new motor was coveted by dodge warranty for rod knock@ 20k

It's a used vehicle, you don’t have to disclose that and chances of the salesman even knowing is slim to none. I wouldn't worry about it. At least it's just a valve cover gasket. That's minor. Powertrain warranty is 5yr/100k. You can also get a lifetime Max Care through Jeep. Ask the dealer to work with you and sell you that contract at cost, which is around 2300. Then you'll be covered for life of the vehicle.

They did offer big discount on that warranty to help smooth it out. Was there an issue with rod knock on some of these? I appreciate you responding :)

They did offer big discount on that warranty to help smooth it out. Was there an issue with rod knock on some of these? I appreciate you responding :)

No worries. I'm not aware of any. I'm on the grand cherokee SRT forum too and only know of one engine failure. Get the warranty, make sure it's the maximum care lifetime and get piece of mind. They really are awesome vehicles. The only issue I've had was water pump started to leak a couple weeks ago at 20k miles and that is rare.

My wife has the Jeep G/C with the 5.7 Hemi & loves it. We got the Max Care Warranty & it's worth every penny. As soon as she finds the "color" she wants we will be getting the SRT-8. We are on our 3rd Jeep & love them. Good luck with yours.

My wife loves hers, just a little shock to find that out while just looking under vehicle with the tech. As soon as its back and shes driving it again, all will be good. Thanx for all the input guys

the bottom line is that vehicles, just like any other "item" is prone to wear - and failure - whether premature or abuse.

we've had a half a dozen jeeps, and have had great success (currently wife drives a limited hemi awd)

if you and/or her like it, fix it and drive the wheels off.

and in the interim find me one vehicle manufacturer that's ever produced a car with a zero failure rate.

i bought a new tag watch a couple years ago and it stopped working. after a few back and forths and services, it turns out the movement was faulty. shit happens sometimes. how you're treated determines how i would respond. that being said, i did buy another tag, in addition to that one, and would buy another tomorrow... just saying...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back