Winter driving questions?

Mine is tucked away in the garage, with a battery tender hooked up to it.

Bill.

Only once did I get stuck driving in the snow and never again. These things are the worst vehicles you could imagine in the snow.

I agree with you there . I drove my lasts spring one time . And this year when we got a first snow ... They love a cold air but they don't love a snow on a road ....

hey when i showed up to your house i brought the fresh donuts.. so i dont think you can complain :D

Just talked to my wife and Im gonna get the truck in the winter and a beater,if i do drive it will only be on non snow days.We both agree it is too nice of a vehicle to wreck.Thank you for the responses everyone.

np like i said maybe come summer have a small meet if you are interested :)

I live in MO and daily drive my truck. We just 4" of snow that made some decent drifts and my truck does just fine. I have Falken Zeix tires and maybe 100lbs of tools in the bed along with a retrax cover. The truck is also lowered with cut fronts and dearched leafs. It is quite a fun truck to drive in the powdery stuff but if snows over 6"-7" it won't move I bet lol

yeah and not uncommon here to get 2-3 feet dumped on you so yeah park it lol

I'm sure in NY an SRT-10 is prob 100% useless in the winter months lol. I've lived here all my life and love driving in the snow and ice. It was a challenge in the 10 cause it was my first rwd vehicle and I bought it on Christmas Eve with a couple inches of snow on the ground and had a 200mile trip back home!

Just a few questions,
Do any of you guys drive these in snow?
This will be my daily driver for this winter,tire reccommendations?
Bags of sand or concrete in the back?
Sorry for the minor questions but i work 10 minutes from home so if it snows and i take precaution will it be bad with the power and gears.I had a lowered 2 wd silverado as my daily and it wasnt bad at all in the snow but no where near the power the viper has.

Shit I could not get out of my driveway last year, very little snow.

I did manage to get to work and any sudden throttle movement and she walks sideways down the road.

not worth driving in the snow inless you absolut 100% have to do it.

The point that many miss IMO...these trucks are unstable on anything other than dry warm pavement.

We learned early on that even changes in pavement (from concrete to asphalt) in wet conditions can cause serious problems. The tailgate has a strong desire to switch positions with the engine compartment.

There are at least 40 people here that have told stories of the loss of traction in wet/slick conditions at all speeds.

RIP Woody.

They are unstable if you have your foot into that right pedal. My parents have a reg cab/short bed ram with a hemi and 2wd and it won't budge in the snow. Like I said, I dd mine so the snow isn't going to stop me. You just need practice driving in it and know how your vehicle reacts to driving on the white stuff. Hell, sunday morning before the salt trucks came out me and my 2 roommates were out in our vehicle out playing and consists of a 650whp Supra and 500whp RX7. People that are scared to drive need to stay inside imo.

well i was born and raised here in NY so i am no slob when it comes to driving in the winter. but these trucks just are not designed for it and quite frankly suck in it. and i have drove trucks most of my life always prefered them to cars. and the avalanche i do drive during the winter is a 2wd (i had never even seen a 2wd avalanche till this one its my wife's from TX) and i have no problems with it but its gearing is much much lower for take offs and shifting and makes all the difference in the world when it comes to moving in snow and on ice :)

With a manual just keep it a gear high is what I've always been told. 1st gear in my truck hasn't been used now since it snowed cause it's useless. Once moving the truck is stable and has no problems stopping.

What is this "snow" you speak of? :D:aetsch:

You suck lol

I am in a decent sized college town and its funny seeing people driving around in the snow with out of state plates where they don't get snow. Those students stuggle hard to drive in the stuff!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back