winter/summer dresscode for the truck

Floor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought Chromed 22" viper style replica's from EBay....:elefant:

Soon I'll have the black rims for scary winter nights and a little bit of 'bling'
for crusing in the summer.....:rock: :rock:

In addition to this, can you guys recommend a good winter tire for daily use which is actually available in europe?
I want to keep the pirelli's for the summer.... unless they are burned before spring time :rock: :D
(where's the line lock when you need it):p

don't honestly know if they make an actual "winter" tire for the 22's i know i had looked at one point figuring i might have to drive it a bit during winter but never found anything. so i opted for the cheaper way 500 dollar beater and truck goes in garage for winter go out every couple weeks start it up and run it for a bit plus some gas stabilizer :)

You are much better off winterizing your truck and not driving it. I only drive my girl in the spring/summer/fall when the roads are not wet.

jelms said:
You are much better off winterizing your truck and not driving it. I only drive my girl in the spring/summer/fall when the roads are not wet.
:rock: :rock: :rock: And I don't drive mine when it's not windy or cloudy either :D :D :D

I wouldn't drive it during the winter...:burnout:

But if you want to do it the biggest winter tire i can get in Sweden is a 20 inch...I can get more info if you want one of my buddy's has a tire shop...

Stefan...:coffee:

SRT-10 OF SWEDEN said:
I wouldn't drive it during the winter...:burnout:

But if you want to do it the biggest winter tire i can get in Sweden is a 20 inch...I can get more info if you want one of my buddy's has a tire shop...

Stefan...:coffee:

Yep, you will have to go down to a 20" wheel/tire combination for winter. :eek: :)

Jan, in all honesty, many of us do not drive the trucks in winter/wet weather.

The torque on these trucks is problematic in less than optimum traction conditions. There will be some who come on and say they do fine in the winter, but the site is repleat with examples of loss of traction in wet conditions.

Others of us avoid the harsh chemicals that are used on our northern roads during the "snow months"...salt and a lot of other noxious materials. The cold/wet winters also provide down time to permit modifications that take a little time and coordination.

If you drive in wet conditions please exercise extreme caution.

Jan, now you have 2 sets of wheels...hhhmmm... bolt them together as tractors... the outer wheels will be outside the body... so you can mount conveyer belts around them.. ... even a snowmobile can't beat you :p :D :D

belgiumbarry said:
Jan, now you have 2 sets of wheels...hhhmmm... bolt them together as tractors... the outer wheels will be outside the body... so you can mount conveyer belts around them.. ... even a snowmobile can't beat you :p :D :D

Get these for Floor Wafflehead, they will get you to the Wafflehouse.:D :D
Just strap skies to the front tires for 2wd.:rock: :rock: :p ;)

http://www.mattracks.com/html/video_clips.htm

jelms said:

I's my daily driver so I can't store it during winter...:(
Unless I walk 15 miles to work of course. Can you winterize a guy like me? :D

Prof said:
Jan, in all honesty, many of us do not drive the trucks in winter/wet weather.

The torque on these trucks is problematic in less than optimum traction conditions. There will be some who come on and say they do fine in the winter, but the site is repleat with examples of loss of traction in wet conditions.

Others of us avoid the harsh chemicals that are used on our northern roads during the "snow months"...salt and a lot of other noxious materials. The cold/wet winters also provide down time to permit modifications that take a little time and coordination.

If you drive in wet conditions please exercise extreme caution.

thks prof, I'm aware about the danger in wet conditions. But like I said I don't have an alternative. I'm only a poor marketeer :D . I was hoping a good tire with winter rubber exists in this size. I'll ask arround over here....

How about a $500 heap to get you through the winter...might be cheaper than the new tires!

Here is one just down the street from me that might need a little work...

Copy1ofIMG_0005.jpg

Since Michigan dumps 400 million tons of salt on its roads every winter, there is no way mine will be driven then.

Bill.

I think Continental makes a tire for our trucks now. Not sure if it is an all season tire or not, but have had good results with Continental in the past. Worth a look.

Will

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back