Wiring Assistance Needed

Kevan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone has a few minutes, I'd love to talk to them about this brake light wiring issue I have going.
I have diagrams I can send.

PM me for a cell number, or hit me up on InstantMessenger.

TIA

I'm trying to have the brake lights come on while the line lock is activated.
That means that the plunger switch for the brake pedal needs to be bypassed (so that when the pedal is released, the brake lights remain on while the line lock is on).
With all the connections on the plunger, I'm not sure which one(s) to tap into.

Yeah, I got that far. Now all I need to know is which one(s) to tap into.

Wait...where did your post go?

Where to tap into the vehicle wiring for the brake lights to turn on.

Imagine that we we're trying to put a simple switch in that just turns the brake lights on and off. That's basically what I'm looking for.

I thought you said you had the manual? thats why I deleted my post. is the line locker switch grounded to turn on?

The SPST switch has 12V running to it all the time.
-In the OFF position, no voltage goes to the line lock.
-In the ON position, the line lock gets 12V (and activates).
The line lock has the ground.

You rock Bucke77! Where else in the world can a man get support like this?

From a lot of us: Thanks Man!

You're right Prof, but.....we're not quite done yet.

If anyone wants in on this, the phone and IM are still on.

Thanks!

Well, this is what I could find (I hate DC's wiring schematics - I am used to GM's). The brake switch should be a flat 6 pin connector. Pin #2 is white with tan tracer and that is for the 3rd brake light. The other pin for the 2 lower stop lamps 'should' be #6 dark green with white tracer. #6 goes to the anti-lock brakes and ECM. I found the 2 circuits that go from the fuse box to the lights, just not the input signal. Test it first with a test light or multimeter while pressing and releasing the brake pedal. Make sure it's supplying 12v only when the pedal is pressed! If it is, then backprobe (not what you think Mikey :p ) with a fused jumper wire from B+ to pin #6 and see if the lights come on.

I must ask, why do you want the lights to come on?

BTW, I used an 04 schematic.

Stingray said:
Well, this is what I could find (I hate DC's wiring schematics - I am used to GM's). The brake switch should be a flat 6 pin connector. Pin #2 is white with tan tracer and that is for the 3rd brake light. The other pin for the 2 lower stop lamps 'should' be #6 dark green with white tracer. #6 goes to the anti-lock brakes and ECM. I found the 2 circuits that go from the fuse box to the lights, just not the input signal. Test it first with a test light or multimeter while pressing and releasing the brake pedal. Make sure it's supplying 12v only when the pedal is pressed! If it is, then backprobe (not what you think Mikey :p ) with a fused jumper wire from B+ to pin #6 and see if the lights come on.
Thanks Stingray.

Stingray said:
I must ask, why do you want the lights to come on?
Because that's how the system is supposed to operate (according to the instructions).
Also, in order to remain street legal, the brake lights must come on while the system is locked.

Kevan said:
Also, in order to remain street legal, the brake lights must come on while the system is locked.

Why? Just in case you use the line lock on the street??? Do they have burnout boxes at the stoplights? I gotta move where you are!:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back