With Catless Mids are Bassanis Worth It????

rreinicherr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this has been talked about many times. I just bought a SCT with two tunes from Marty. :rock:

My question is will I be able to feel the difference by adding Bassani Headers???? I already have a Custom CAI getting cool air right from the front, X-Metal TB,
X-Metal Mids, and Magnaflow.

I don't care about HP numbers and want torque.

Any and All Advice Appreciated Greatly!

THANKS!

IMO,its alot of cash for aprox 15HP guessing,but they look awesome!!They should help you out you have all the other stuff done! LET HER BREATH! LOL! Just think "It can't hurt!!"

If you are getting an SCT tune you will be able to take full advantage of the Bassani's freer breathing..dont know how much TQ you can expect but I am sure they will help...and like Yellow said they do look bad as heck when you open the hood..:rock:

On a N/A motor don't expect alot of down low torque. you might pick up 10 & 10 at the wheels all together, the gains come more with the F/I.
SOTP you wont notice anything.

BurntRubber said:
On a N/A motor don't expect alot of down low torque. you might pick up 10 & 10 at the wheels all together, the gains come more with the F/I.
SOTP you wont notice anything.

That is exactly my point! If I can't get a SOTP feel. Then why pay for them now. I would be farther ahead saving for Heads or FI, I think????

rreinicherr said:
That is exactly my point! If I can't get a SOTP feel. Then why pay for them now. I would be farther ahead saving for Heads or FI, I think????

Well there you go...:burnout: :D

rreinicherr said:
I know this has been talked about many times. I just bought a SCT with two tunes from Marty. :rock:

My question is will I be able to feel the difference by adding Bassani Headers???? I already have a Custom CAI getting cool air right from the front, X-Metal TB,
X-Metal Mids, and Magnaflow.

I don't care about HP numbers and want torque.

Any and All Advice Appreciated Greatly!

THANKS!

I will say this about that, there was a definite improvement in the SOTP dyno when I put my Bassani's on. I know there are them that say you not be able to, but I could tell it for sure. :D

Texas Yellow Fever said:
I will say this about that, there was a definite improvement in the SOTP dyno when I put my Bassani's on. I know there are them that say you not be able to, but I could tell it for sure. :D

:dito: :dito: :dito:

Plus the sound from stock manifolds totally Different ...... I say .. Go for it.:burnout:

Last edited:
i've heard guys talk here that headers & catless mids actually reduce torque because of the lack of back pressure.......:dontknow:

what i know is i have headers with 3" exhaust & catless mids...... with marty's tune of my sct, i'm getting 462 rwhp & 500 rwtrq (corrected) on my NA engine !!!:rock: works for me.......:D

Great help so far keep them coming!

I actually ask Marty about this also. He said with his tune 20 - 30 HP.

Just trying to make a sound decision before I pull the trigger.

THANKS!!!!! :rock:

F/I, heads, headers & SCT????

Cost is what $1k give or take? SOTP improvement?......yeah a little, bling bling engine bay?.... for sure, tone improvement?... very cool..........is it worth it????? If you gotta have just about every bolt on mod, then yes. I have not done it yet.................BUT, I just might give in one day when there are no other mods to buy!! LOL

There is no right or wrong answer..........just buy em cause ya want um and gotta have um!;)

patrick

That is how I feel on headers too. Pretty expensive just for some bling. But as Patrick said I too will probably buy them just because there are no more mods I can buy for it:D

I'd buy the Doug Thorley headers or Mopars. If you don't have smog testing in your area. Actually I think the DT headers are carb approved according to there web site.

moparracing said:
i've heard guys talk here that headers & catless mids actually reduce torque because of the lack of back pressure.......:dontknow:

what i know is i have headers with 3" exhaust & catless mids...... with marty's tune of my sct, i'm getting 462 rwhp & 500 rwtrq (corrected) on my NA engine !!!:rock: works for me.......:D

Randy with your mods I would think your closer to 470 to 480's? Maybe its time to buy a trottle body? :D LOL

patrick

How much for the Doug Thorley headers? Where can you get them?

THANKS!

Bassani's are a TRI-Y design and are a very good torque header.

I would go with, and have Bassani's myself.

Texas Yellow Fever said:

you were drunk:D :p that could be the only explination.

headers for looks is the best reason to do it. looking back I would not have gotten the headers, catless mids or magnaflow. I would have saved, done heads and a cam and cut the cats out.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back