Wonder what this run's in the 1/4?

Very cool machine. I wonder what the mileage is like lol. Would you call the Chevy 454 SS the original muscle truck. Kind of like the grand father of muscle trucks.:rock:

No the original muscle truck is the 1978 Dodge Lil Red Express

The Dodge Li

There is a guy in Missouri that has an original 64 Dodge 413 with factory crossram. They built a few from the factory. They were called the flying barn doors, the Ramchargers had one.

Other than than that the original muscle truck was the Little Red Express truck. The original SS was neither a muscle truck or a handling truck. If I remember right they were governed to 90 mph.

The Chevy 454 SS was a joke, I wanna say 230 hp, slow as ****, would guess 15's in the 1/4 if it was downhill. Lol

The Chevy 454 SS was a joke, I wanna say 230 hp, slow as ****, would guess 15's in the 1/4 if it was downhill. Lol

rofl[1].gif
Factory (under)rated for 450 hp. Even in a heavy Chevelle, a FACTORY STOCK SS 454 would run 13.12 @ 107 in the 1/4 mile. If you wanna call it slow, that's fine. Calling a 3 inch d*ck big don't make it big either.. :D

rofl[1].gif
Factory (under)rated for 450 hp. Even in a heavy Chevelle, a FACTORY STOCK SS 454 would run 13.12 @ 107 in the 1/4 mile. If you wanna call it slow, that's fine. Calling a 3 inch d*ck big don't make it big either.. :D

Think he is talking about the 454ss trucks not the old late 60's early 70's 454's

Copied from car domain
To create the Chevrolet 454 SS, Chevrolet plucked its big-block V-8 from the heavy-duty-truck line, stuffed it into a short-box C1500 pickup, stirred in some special performance goodies, and colored the creation in Onyx Black. Thus emerged a relatively lightweight two-wheel-drive half-ton packing a monster 7.4-liter V-8. Although the V-8 produced only 230 horsepower, its strong suit was torque: 385 lbs/ft of it at a mere 1600 rpm. This kind of grinding force resulted in 0-60 mph in under eight seconds, which was Ford Mustang GT territory at the time.

Copied from car domain
To create the Chevrolet 454 SS, Chevrolet plucked its big-block V-8 from the heavy-duty-truck line, stuffed it into a short-box C1500 pickup, stirred in some special performance goodies, and colored the creation in Onyx Black. Thus emerged a relatively lightweight two-wheel-drive half-ton packing a monster 7.4-liter V-8. Although the V-8 produced only 230 horsepower, its strong suit was torque: 385 lbs/ft of it at a mere 1600 rpm. This kind of grinding force resulted in 0-60 mph in under eight seconds, which was Ford Mustang GT territory at the time.

Thats why im only keeping the block and crank in my 90 454ss. Its in the process of being torn apart right now. I have always loved my old chevy pick up, its what got me started in the love for sport trucks and got me to buy a srt 10:rock:

rofl[1].gif
Oops. newbie Fail Im impressed that you went to duramaxforum.com to pull your post and smilies. Thats lame. Almost as lame as 230 hp out of 454 cubic inches and they pulled the engine from a heavy duty truck. You dont get it. They pulled our engine from a super car! Sorry about your 3 inch *****. Not sorry about your ****ty truck. Maybe you should "Stir in some more special performance goodies" to keep up with the mustang gt's.
Copied from car domain

Last edited:
Thats why im only keeping the block and crank in my 90 454ss. Its in the process of being torn apart right now. I have always loved my old chevy pick up, its what got me started in the love for sport trucks and got me to buy a srt 10:rock:

Those blocks in great condition and not bored .030 are worth $300-400 bucks. You could look into a 632 merlin engine. Put one in a 68 camaro. Insane.

My neighbor had a 454 SS, 230 hp Turbo tranny, 13 seconds in the quarter is laughable. the math alone will kill that theory. 2 1/2 tons, 3 speed auto, 230 hp. Even with nitrous it can't overcome the low hp factor. Plus with the Turbo auto and the factory installed governor, it was hard pressed to get to a 100 mph. They got better when they put the later model tranny in it.

Its better to have a big **** truck, than to wear a big condom thinking you have a big ****.

13.2, I'll bet it will pull wheelies too. :bs:

there are quite a few LS7 conversions of the newer silverados, pretty bad ass imo.

I still like my viper truck, wouldn't trade for a ss silverado or an L for anything.

If I had another 20g to blow on another supertruck, I would consider an LS7 silverado.

I don't like the huge blower on the OP's 454, that belongs on 40s and 50s cars & trucks IMO. It looks outa place. And way too much into the motor, I am not buying the pro-touring bit either.

Back