wondering ...

ive been reading about the tunes and i noticed some say the tunes are to heavy or ... that youre engine will say "boom" lolz
as i dont have any supercharger and only the magna catback en kn , all cats still on the vehicule , are the tunes then okay from torrie ?
ive read this :

NOW get Torrie to re-program your 3-4 shift, because we can't do it manually with our 4 speed auto and 3 speed shifter.
They shift too early otherwise and lay down right when they should be waking up....
Mine shifts into 4th at 120 m.p.h....BIG difference in top end pull...helps keep the engine away from detonation too..

should i ask for this before buying ?

Carlwalski said:
This is a dumb question and I hope I'm not hijacking this thread but I have always wondered and maybe close to getting a new tune myself, I already have the SCT but how on earth do I download a new tune? Can't they email it? That I understand, what I don't get is how? My SCT XC2 Tuner only came with the 1 cord with the multi pin plug to suit our trucks port, no USB cable or anything to load a tune from my PC. What am I missing here? I hope I don't need to send the tuner to him and then he sends it back. I don't mind doing that if I HAVE to, just, it's not as easy for me LOL.
you need a usb a/b cord & updating software that you can get off the SCT website to load your emailed tune from your vendor - easy to do. :)

moparracing said:
you need a usb a/b cord & updating software that you can get off the SCT website to load your emailed tune from your vendor - easy to do. :)
Yup, thanks chief. ;) I just finished downloading the windows software and have 3 new tunes coming from Torrie in the next few days. I've asked him to also turn my fan on at 180F. :) Can't wait to try it out, he'll also include the new coil packs and plugs upgrade too. Not sure if that will make a difference but here's hoping! :rock:

Carlwalski said:
Yup, thanks chief. ;) I just finished downloading the windows software and have 3 new tunes coming from Torrie in the next few days. I've asked him to also turn my fan on at 180F. :) Can't wait to try it out, he'll also include the new coil packs and plugs upgrade too. Not sure if that will make a difference but here's hoping! :rock:
if you have any issues with loading your new tunes to your SCT, you may need to download the firmware update from the SCT website too. ;)

moparracing said:
if you have any issues with loading your new tunes to your SCT, you may need to download the firmware update from the SCT website too. ;)
Yup, knew this but thanks all the same. How cool is todays tech though eh!
Downloading new tunes straight from your PC. :rock: Who did your tune?

d3ze said:
ive been reading about the tunes and i noticed some say the tunes are to heavy or ... that youre engine will say "boom" lolz
as i dont have any supercharger and only the magna catback en kn , all cats still on the vehicule , are the tunes then okay from torrie ?
ive read this :

NOW get Torrie to re-program your 3-4 shift, because we can't do it manually with our 4 speed auto and 3 speed shifter.
They shift too early otherwise and lay down right when they should be waking up....
Mine shifts into 4th at 120 m.p.h....BIG difference in top end pull...helps keep the engine away from detonation too..

should i ask for this before buying ?

I just told him I wanted an SCT for the QC. Mine works great, but after reading that post, I might ask him to change that for me. So yes I would ask him to do that.

I have not had any problems with my truck, I just have the mods listed in my sig.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back