Woodward Dream Cruise

Turtle

Reaction score
Welcome to the Woodward Dream Cruise located in Birmingham Michigan!!

This is the first year that I have experienced the cruise. it has been happening since the early 60's. Today is not the "official" day of the cruise, but it basically happens all week long.

There are vehicles from every year, every make, every model, every color of the rainbow. Mopar, Ford, Chevy . . . Plum Crazy, Lime Green, FireEngine Red . . . Charger, Challenger, Bel-Air, Mustang, Nova, even a Daytona sighting (didn't get my camera out soon enough to take a picture though).

These are just a few pics from tonight's adventure. We are going again on Saturday (which is the official cruise day). I'm sure I'll 174 more pics then. I have added a link to my album set aside for the Woodward Dream Cruise for you to browse through the pics. (to many to post all here!) :p

Enjoy! :love: :love: :love:

IMG_1315.jpg

IMG_1319.jpg

IMG_1333.jpg

IMG_1338.jpg

I even saw another SRT10!!! :D :D :rock: :rock:
IMG_1343.jpg

IMG_1346.jpg

One of the best cars ever . . . 1969 Dodge Charger
IMG_1352.jpg

IMG_1377.jpg

IMG_1380.jpg

IMG_1387.jpg

IMG_1395.jpg

the link to my photobucket album for the Woodward Dream Cruise . . .

http://s245.photobucket.com/albums/gg62/earthgirl429/Woodward Dream Cruise/

great pictures, look like it was alot of fun.... thank you for sharing.....

I have seen TV specials on this particular cruise, and have always fantasized about attending, however, that would mean I would have to take the truck out of the garage.!:p I guess the main drag is Woodward Ave correct? (and surrounding streets). Looks like a great time. :rock:

Silverback said:
What's this. No Cobra's???:dontknow: :( ;)
John we saw at least 15 Cobras last night, and on Saturday there is a parking lot with nothing but Cobras.

Bill.

joemags54 said:
I have seen TV specials on this particular cruise, and have always fantasized about attending, however, that would mean I would have to take the truck out of the garage.!:p I guess the main drag is Woodward Ave correct? (and surrounding streets). Looks like a great time. :rock:
Yes, it is Woodward. The street is lined with cars and people for about 9 miles on Saturday.

Bill.

Thanks for sharing! Hope you get some more good ones this weekend. Have fun:D

i saw some where the SRT engineers are going to be there wih a bunch of vehicles and to anwser questons. might be able to find out them possibly coming out with a new SRT ram?

raceram9 said:
i saw some where the SRT engineers are going to be there wih a bunch of vehicles and to anwser questons. might be able to find out them possibly coming out with a new SRT ram?
Dodge has a big display every year, the problem is trying to find a parking spot within a half mile of them.

Bill.

Silverback said:
What's this. No Cobra's???:dontknow: :( ;)

Oh there were a lot of Cobras there, I just didn't get a chance to take any pictures. I was so busy trying to keep my batteries alive long enough to take the 76 pictures I did take :D

I'll take some pics of Cobras for ya on Saturday

Turtle said:
Oh there were a lot of Cobras there, I just didn't get a chance to take any pictures. I was so busy trying to keep my batteries alive long enough to take the 76 pictures I did take :D

I'll take some pics of Cobras for ya on Saturday

That's my kid.:rock:

Love you sweetheart.:)

Rockin Ronnie said:
Hey Sis! Is this a sponsored event or??? Looks like a whole lotta fun!!! Who is Woodward??:D
Woodward is highway number #1 in the state of Michigan. Back in the 60s it was THE place for street racing. The big 3 automakers would even take cars with special drive trains out there to race against each other just for bragging rights.

In the mid 90s someone came up with the idea of having a cruise event for old cars. since then it has grown into a week long event. The best part is you will see everything there, you name it, it will be there. Including prototype vehicles that are not yet offered for sale.

Bill.

includemeout said:
They had a section of Pink Pacers just for you:marchmellow:
Oh yeah right next to the Purple Pinto with plastic peckers hanging from the mirror for you.....Weenie waver :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back