workin on the hood liner

VIPR PWR said:
RB04--- Looking good:rock: :rock: ---- How much weight is this adding to the liner-- will the black pushin retainers be able to keep it in place????

Ive added 1 pint of resin, so about 1 pound, plus a couple coats of paint, so call it 2 pounds, I think pushin retainers should have no problem holding it in, I think there are 11 of them so an added 2-3 ounces per clip should be ok

RB04 said:
Ive added 1 pint of resin, so about 1 pound, plus a couple coats of paint, so call it 2 pounds, I think pushin retainers should have no problem holding it in, I think there are 11 of them so an added 2-3 ounces per clip should be ok

got any worries from heat probs?????

could ya post a photo of your hood without the liner installed????

Last edited:
No Im not worried about the heat, the layers are thin enough that it still has some flex to it, so I think it will will still function well, and I'll get a pic for you when I go out to install it...........

the f'n clear coat ruined the finish on the whole friggin thing, so I just had to sand it all down again, the clear actually damaged the resin , Im f'n pissed, I dont know why it did this, so I just had to sand it all down again and start the paint all over:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: , well there goes my day

yeah, I know how you feel. Thanks to you I took mine off and started on it:D :D :D . Now I'm hanging around watching paint dry:rock: :rock: :rock: and I don't have no dope. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Course I gave that up some time ago but a big War Club woulda sure been perfect for this job :D :D :D :D :D

I soaked the back of mine in spar urethane and started painting the front with high temp flat black....no sanding for me, so it's drying and I'm waiting to paint the letters. Fixed the under hood light while I have it off......cake.

So thanks for the motivation and the tips....good luck with the letters (again)

Yea, wish I still had mine too :(

I am in the process of having a four piece (to facilitate transporting) inside cover designed. The concept would be four panels that attach to the inside of the hood and provide a surface that covers all of the structural supports, etc.

We are exploring two approaches:

1. CNC designs cut into the cover to order.

2. Powder-coated surfaces suitable for painting by your local artist.

If we come up with something practical, I will put the project in Tony's hands for his management...

Prof said:
I am in the process of having a four piece (to facilitate transporting) inside cover designed. The concept would be four panels that attach to the inside of the hood and provide a surface that covers all of the structural supports, etc.

If we come up with something practical, I will put the project in Tony's hands for his management...

That would be awesome...got mine done with the "do it yurself" approach...barely liveable. Keep us posted please. I would like to fantasize that it would be less than $900, like the stainless ones, but I have my doubts. Custom=$$$$$ :p :p I also thought about ordering an OEM one and just fiberglassing it, then getting it custom painted....like your idea much better!!
Thanks Prof!!!!

Prof said:

They should be made like a Parabolic mirror so hot dogs can be cooked with them when the hood is open:D Go Green:rock: :rock: :rock: :D

havent been able to work on it, been working my ass off last few days, that and the f'n paint made me so pissed even if I had time I would still be to pissed to touch it, hopefully will be able to get it done over the long weekend, crossing my fingers to get at least sun and mon off, might be a long shot, but Ill get it done

RB04 said:
havent been able to work on it, been working my ass off last few days, that and the f'n paint made me so pissed even if I had time I would still be to pissed to touch it, hopefully will be able to get it done over the long weekend, crossing my fingers to get at least sun and mon off, might be a long shot, but Ill get it done

Good luck....I feel your pain!

finally got some time to work on it, I quit, Im done, you cant make me do any more, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, ok Im done, Im f'n done I think it came out pretty good. just waiting for the paint to finish drying. I have s few tiny touch ups left

29215_1365772058449_1056073478_30835979_8041018_n.jpg

29215_1365772338456_1056073478_30835984_1648336_n.jpg

29215_1365772218453_1056073478_30835981_1064311_n.jpg

Looks Great... Love the fang look:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :tee:

installed, looks like I need to add a few plug for the bottom, sagging just a bit, Ill get that done tonight

29215_1366296431558_1056073478_30837672_8170648_n.jpg

29215_1366296551561_1056073478_30837673_210326_n.jpg

29215_1366296631563_1056073478_30837675_1886443_n.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back