Worst day ever

srt-cummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So Friday i got the first ticket of my life. Not one but 2. One for Passing with insufficient clearance, and the other for no signal while changing lanes. This sucks. I have never had a ticket before and dont know what to do. I would like to take defensive driving but dont know if this ticket is elegible. I am so worried that this will go on my driving record and that my insurance will go up. If that happens then ill hafta sell my truck.:( Lord knows that i cant afford that. Know im worried sh!t less.

srt-cummins said:
So Friday i got the first ticket of my life. Not one but 2. One for Passing with insufficient clearance, and the other for no signal while changing lanes. This sucks. I have never had a ticket before and dont know what to do. I would like to take defensive driving but dont know if this ticket is elegible. I am so worried that this will go on my driving record and that my insurance will go up. If that happens then ill hafta sell my truck.:( Lord knows that i cant afford that. Know im worried sh!t less.
You should check around for an attorney. Up here we have this guy www.speedinginseattle.com he gets everything dismissed. They probably have an attorney like this in your area I would imagine!:D

Deep breaths HOSS.

It's just a ticket, most likely you take D-driving and your done. Your insurance my go up I tint bit and it might not, if you cant take d-driving.

buck up princess you've got a lot worse days ahead of you.......... ;)

srt-cummins said:
You probably have on line traffic school there right? Don't get all shook up bro.It will be fine,it's your first ticket for cryin out loud.:D

Sorry to hear about this bro, but if this is your first ticket and if you take the driving course it shouldn't effect your insurance. That's how it is in KY anyway, but you can only go once a year.

wait. then get extension, then when time almost up ask the clerk for a trial by declaration...write your story and then the cop has to do same...if he does not respond the case is dismissed and the ticket is dropped.....

It's not the end of the world, for crying out loud..... Chill, bro...

You've been given some good advice here...... Use it wisely....

D

Yea man it is not the end of the world, I got 3 tickets in one day, it will be fine. Get the lawyer or the declaration was brought up there are ways.

my sister is co-signer on my truck note,,after the second speed ticket,
i got ins, in her name and added me as driver,,here in north tx, infinity is the only ins, that will insure my truck,

finisher68 said:
i got ins, in her name and added me as driver,,here in north tx, infinity is the only ins, that will insure my truck,
dude post some pix of that truck

finisher68 said:

really? Infinity try to charge me 10k for a year coverage even with no tickets and clean record...the year prior i had them and charged me like 2400 for the year,,,,dropped them after that l

FerrariTruck said:
wait. then get extension, then when time almost up ask the clerk for a trial by declaration...write your story and then the cop has to do same...if he does not respond the case is dismissed and the ticket is dropped.....
Does this work? gotta try this :rock: any way , you are eligible for traffic school , if the judge brings up two ticket thing , request 2nd level school.

Level 2 traffic school , for multiple offenders , cost a bit more , but will keep the offenses off your record , as per clean drivers license, and keep you current insurance rate.

andrew heywood said:
Does this work? gotta try this :rock: any way , you are eligible for traffic school , if the judge brings up two ticket thing , request 2nd level school.

well Its been 3 months since i've turned in my declaration and so far no response so idk:dontknow:

andrew heywood said:
90 days , youre in the clear??

maybe but the cop can take like up to year i think to submit his story...I'm hoping one day i'll find a check for $400 bucks and case dismissed letter in the mailbox:argh:

If this is the worst day of your life, you've had it very easy until now.....

There are situations and circumstances that the majority of people deal with on a daily basis that makes a coupl'a lousy tickets look like a child's tea party.... Either you're very young or you haven't had much hardship in life.....

Consider yourself a very fortunate young man.........

There are some very serious issues that arise in life......: The death of a loved one or of one of your own children, enduring the excruciating pain of cancer, false imprisonment, having one of your children kidnapped or abducted by a psycho child killer or sex maniac....

Get the picture.........?

Count yer blessings, bro...

This ain't the worst day of your life..... Not by a long shot....

D

Yeah. i guess that its not that bad its just that ive never had to deal with this and it worries the dog snot out of me. Im only 21 and have worked very hard to get everything that i have. My parents bought me my first car, an 82 Dodge Mirada, and i payed and did all the work redoing it and then i have bought every car i have ever had since. To hafta loose this one over my insurance going up and me and my fiance not being able to afford it would be horrible. I dont know. Like i said im going to try for defensive driving and if i cant get that than maybe defered judification(I think thats what its called).
N E wayz Thanks guys.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back