Would I be banned from the site if

I have both... and they didn't ban me from the site, not yet at least :D I currently have an 03 L and an 04 RC 10. They are just two completely different pieces of machinery! The blower whine is awesome but I agree that a manual shift would have done the L justice. Would have been neat if Dodge would have lightened this thing up some. I concur with the forums common assessment that our 10's are bricks. Nuff said.

I love lightnings also and one day I'll probley own one but I see an rc 10 in my near future :rock:

Not sure why you would get another sport truck. If you must have an L, get one built with a twin screw already. 10's easy with a good tune and 60'.

edit* i see by your sig you have a quad cab 10. Not a sport truck to me but to each his own. L's are boring to drive with their autos. IMO get rid of the quad cab and get a single cab 10. The joy/fun of the t56 is unlike no other.

the trans isnt bad, it's a good one. Built they are 10x better. It's not the 4r100 that's boring, it's the automatic in general.

Got a beautiful wife that likes to take the granddaughters riding. QC is the only way to go when one has grandchildren. Texas got a moron law that does not allow dummies to let kids ride in the bed of the pickup so I have a Quad Also, the left knee is plastic, not real great for clutching.

Then either a L or RC 10 with a an auto is your only options for a newer rare sport truck. L's are very driver friendly even with making 9-10 second power. The Lightning rodder forum is very helpful and informative although getting more childish as prices drop and younger people can better afford them. It's a solid truck even when modded and fun to drive around town. The auto although boring does make it VERY nice to cruise with. They tow great too. Stock seats are very comfortable and have lots of room for taller guys.

If you ever make it this way, ill give you a ride in mine.

Then either a L or RC 10 with a an auto is your only options for a newer rare sport truck. L's are very driver friendly even with making 9-10 second power. The Lightning rodder forum is very helpful and informative although getting more childish as prices drop and younger people can better afford them. It's a solid truck even when modded and fun to drive around town. The auto although boring does make it VERY nice to cruise with. They tow great too. Stock seats are very comfortable and have lots of room for taller guys.

where might you be in Louisiana? Coming over there in a week or so to have a torque converter installed.

LR does have a lot of great info. The price drop is becoming a recurring theme on all the car forums I frequent, as the vehicle gets older and the price becomes more affordable the amount of undesirables increases.

LR does have a lot of great info. The price drop is becoming a recurring theme on all the car forums I frequent, as the vehicle gets older and the price becomes more affordable the amount of undesirables increases.

Hey I resemble that....its not the affordability for me its the WORTH....No way would I have payed close to the sticker on a rc10...55k gets you some bad ass machinery!!!

Hey I resemble that....its not the affordability for me its the WORTH....No way would I have payed close to the sticker on a rc10...55k gets you some bad ass machinery!!!

So do I, I don't have that kind of money to spend on a vehicle!

So do I, I don't have that kind of money to spend on a vehicle!

I could swing it, but I like to enjoy myself...I am seriously thinking about getting rid of everything, trade my truck and put 20k on a viper...ya know with the traction control I could get rid of my winter truck too..:bebored:

I could swing it, but I like to enjoy myself...I am seriously thinking about getting rid of everything, trade my truck and put 20k on a viper...ya know with the traction control I could get rid of my winter truck too..:bebored:

Videos of Viper in the snow!!

South of new orleans. My truck is down though. I grenaded the trans 2 months ago.:mad:

Going to Bossier City and get a REAL torque converter. Everyone here should know by now that Rusty at TCS builds junk, lies and will not warrant his converters. So, going to a shop in B' City and get a good one installed.

Going to Bossier City and get a REAL torque converter.
4 1/2 hours from me. If the truck is fixed if you ever come further toward new orleans, shoot me a pm.

And a good TQ converter is well worth the money. Glad to see you doing it right sir.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back