Would It Be Sinful........

HaulinAsp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok.... Most of y-all know that I wasted my engine. It succumbed to the pesky oiling issue on the number 3 connecting rod. I have been getting prices from all around on replacement engines and to unload the amount into a really decent bottom end gets to be staggering.

In the meantime, before the lower end devistated itself, I secured the purchase of a 2003.5 HO Common Rail Cummins Engine(diesel). I was able to secure it for a really kick ass price with harnesses and ecm/pcm. I have the knowledge behind these diesel engines also, and can easily build up a stout platform with 800 hp or so on tap and still be streetable. I am having issues fighting the urge to say f**K it and drop this diesel into the engine bay of the SRT. . . . . .

Obviously this would be the first SRT 10-4=6:p

What is the automatic trans used in the SRT QC's?? Is it the same bolt pattern as the manuals(t56's) and if so what kind of power can I throw at a t56 before internal's suffer?

I dont think fitment would be an issue.....

Attachments

• IMG_0518.JPG
    IMG_0518.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0519.JPG
    IMG_0519.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 59
I race diesels......

I have a pro mod truck I am building to run in the 7's......

Full chromoly round tube chassis SFI 25.1E- built at Vanishing Point Race Cars.... with a full fiberglass GTS Fiberglass racing Dodge Ram Full scale body.....

Attachments

• IMG_0213.JPG
    IMG_0213.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 92
So you see what I am saying? It would be an easier buildup on the engine as I know the ins and outs of building big power with em..... This oil cavatation problem really has me puckered up on dropping coin on a built V-10...........

If you do this just got get a 48RE auto tranny out of a diesel(same bolt pattern) and slam it in.

The t-56 is good to 750 rwhp according to my builder, but I was told that you can make them take 1500+ for under 500$.

If it's what you know, and it's a more comfortable cost, go for it.

It's your truck! If you feel funny about it, just debadge it, and put some turbo diesel badges on it...

oh, and the tranny is already a 48RE. I can't help with how much power they can handle.

BigRed460 said:
If you do this just got get a 48RE auto tranny out of a diesel(same bolt pattern) and slam it in.

The t-56 is good to 750 rwhp according to my builder, but I was told that you can make them take 1500+ for under 500$.
Does the T56 have the same bolt pattern as the 48RE?? That is my concern currently if it is I will lean this way even further.

:( I'm sure y-all would dis-own me for doing this:p :eek:

HaulinAsp said:
So you see what I am saying? It would be an easier buildup on the engine as I know the ins and outs of building big power with em..... This oil cavatation problem really has me puckered up on dropping coin on a built V-10...........

You know, the first time I read this I poo pooed the idea, then I went away and thought about it and the more I think about it, the more I think it would be cool as shit. Talk about a one off, that would be one!!! :rock: :burnout:

ntw0rk said:
If it's what you know, and it's a more comfortable cost, go for it.

It's your truck! If you feel funny about it, just debadge it, and put some turbo diesel badges on it...
Actually I think I'd keep it the same on the exterior- looks would change when the diesel would spool up and the black bomb erupts from the tailpipe LOL

Texas Yellow Fever said:
You know, the first time I read this I poo pooed the idea, then I went away and thought about it and the more I think about it, the more I think it would be cool as shit. Talk about a one off, that would be one!!! :rock: :burnout:
Steve honestly I have put in some serious thought into it. It would defineatly be the first converted SRT of the kind. I can build up some seriously stupid power with em and the torque numbers would make some peoples knees weak..... It would still shred tires at will.......

torque would be somewhere near 1500+ ft lbs....:rock:

HaulinAsp said:
Actually I think I'd keep it the same on the exterior- looks would change when the diesel would spool up and the black bomb erupts from the tailpipe LOL

Whatever you decide bro, it's your truck!

And I don't think anyone here would disown you for doing it. You would undoubtedly take some ribbing, but it would all be in fun.

I don't think the ribbing would be too excessive when y-alls see the performance potentials.....

Your truck so enjoy it........if I wanted to do such a change I would be concerned that the value of the truck as an SRT10 will be gone....it will then be a custom truck and custom vehicles generally dont bring what stock vehicles bring....just my 8.3 cents...:dontknow:

HaulinAsp said:
Steve honestly I have put in some serious thought into it. It would defineatly be the first converted SRT of the kind. I can build up some seriously stupid power with em and the torque numbers would make some peoples knees weak..... It would still shred tires at will.......

torque would be somewhere near 1500+ ft lbs....:rock:

I'm warming up to the idea...you're gonna have to come up with a cool name though...Smokin Snake or something...then we'll change all the badging to reflect it.:rock:

The auto trans is 9/16 of an inch wider than the standard trans housing where the pin goes. The bolt pattern is the same but the pins are in different locations. I am putting in an 06RC motor in my 05QC and attaching the auto tranny to the 06RC block.

Also I believe FstJack has an adapter plate for the Viper QC block to attach to a standard trans.

HaulinAsp said:
I don't think the ribbing would be too excessive when y-alls see the performance potentials.....

Lets see.......StinkySRT or SmokeySRT or just TheassholewhoputadieselinaSRT:D :D :D :D

Throw in the diesel engine, buy a 48re auto, which I think Scott (azpyrpguy) is selling one. Not sure what else needs to be done, but it could work!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back