Would this SCT programmer work with my...

That's what I'm doing on mine right now. The nitrous is its own stand alone system. You can call BOOMER and ask him about the setup on mine, I don't have enough details to tell you what to do, other than to say its possible.

Joe

i found a pro version of the sct unit for 750 on a diesel site,not sure if it will work for my truck though

Scrambler1 said:
That's what I'm doing on mine right now. The nitrous is its own stand alone system. You can call BOOMER and ask him about the setup on mine, I don't have enough details to tell you what to do, other than to say its possible.

Joe

Cool...Thanks....

The Pro-Racer version of the software must be for the Viper/Ram SRT, and ONLY for the Viper or Ram SRT. No other DCX, GM or Ford version of the software will work on your trucks. As well, the Programmer much be a DCX programmer, not a GM or Ford variant.

Remember, the programmer is only a means of loading/storing the tunes, the software is what actually does the tuning. Pre-loaded programmers are simply programmers that come loaded when you buy them from a dealer/tuner. The pro-racer package allows YOU to load the tunes into them, and includes the software as well. It is locked to your car, and your car only. (Only the dealer software allows multiple programmers- and it costs an arm and a leg)

PS- The Paxton and Nitrous systems are usually standalone. If you are using a Split-Sec for fuel pump control and pulling timing, that works fine and is very simple. The pro-racer software will allow you to tune the PCM underneath the other standalone systems. There are ways to tne around the split sec and use a 1/2/3 bar map sensor, but you will need to have a VERY firm grasp on the software before attempting to do that.

Last edited:
flchub said:
i found a pro version of the sct unit for 750 on a diesel site,not sure if it will work for my truck though

If it did, that would be a heck of a deal there...:D

Final GTS said:
The Pro-Racer version of the software must be for the Viper/Ram SRT, and ONLY for the Viper or Ram SRT. No other DCX, GM or Ford version of the software will work on your trucks. As well, the Programmer much be a DCX programmer, not a GM or Ford variant.

Remember, the programmer is only a means of loading/storing the tunes, the software is what actually does the tuning. Pre-loaded programmers are simply programmers that come loaded when you buy them from a dealer/tuner. The pro-racer package allows YOU to load the tunes into them, and includes the software as well. It is locked to your car, and your car only. (Only the dealer software allows multiple programmers- and it costs an arm and a leg)
so tell us where to find a good deal on this pro tuner

jrgnd said:
If it did, that would be a heck of a deal there...:D

The Diesel Programmer itself may be a DCX programmer, so it would work- however, it is USELESS without the software, which accounts for almost 75% of the pro-racer package cost. Also, if the unit is not unlocked (meaning it has been locked to a previous vehicle) it will cost you over 100 bucks just to be able to use it.

flchub said:
so tell us where to find a good deal on this pro tuner

There is a link posted right in the begining of the thread by someone else. The pricing is pretty much dictated by SCT, they will have any dealers head who is caught selling below a certain point. Trust me... the markup is peanuts.

Just to make this very clear; There are two peices of this puzzle, the software, and the tuner/programmer. Normally, the tuner/programmer is the only thing you buy, and part of its price includes a fee from the supplying tune shop for their tuning program they load into it before they ship it to you, including up to 3 tunes.

The second option, is a package which includes the software/tuner to allow YOU to write and load the program into the programmer yourself, as many times as you like. The software is the biggest expense in the package, especially for DCX. The software will ONLY work with the supplied programmer, and ONLY on your car.

Last edited:
from what I understan chub, DC and Blaine in TX is going to offer the programmers at a deal to all members with one to three tunes available:rock:

Stinker said:
from what I understan chub, DC and Blaine in TX is going to offer the programmers at a deal to all members with one to three tunes available:rock:

Those are not the pro-racer package/pro-tuner he was refering to. Those are the standard pre-loaded tuners. I think this guy wants to do his own tuning...

Final GTS said:
Those are not the pro-racer package/pro-tuner he was refering to. Those are the standard pre-loaded tuners. I think this guy wants to do his own tuning...

If so then he needs to get the real deal and do the AEM instead of using the programmer, I spoke with three leading viper builders that holds many of the nations and world record vipers and they all said on a big build or any build that you wanted real tuning to go with the aem or motec, the programmer just didnt work as well, and end the end the extra cost over the programmer would be minimal

Stinker said:
i want the pro version so i can have my tuner do everything at once,no point in buying a vec and pcm flash when u can have this pro version with like an aem setup for half the price

Stinker said:
If so then he needs to get the real deal and do the AEM instead of using the programmer, I spoke with three leading viper builders that holds many of the nations and world record vipers and they all said on a big build or any build that you wanted real tuning to go with the aem or motec, the programmer just didnt work as well, and end the end the extra cost over the programmer would be minimal
tony my understanding is that this sct unit has just recently become available for our trucks

flchub said:
tony my understanding is that this sct unit has just recently become available for our trucks

contact Blaine, not sure of his actual sig, but Jack is making him a vendor so you might pm Jack to ask his sig or number, I just know him by name , and he is a great tuner also.

I've heard a ton of good things about him:rock:

Stinker said:

Thats because the tuner takes a lot longer to figure out how to use, and there is still a lot of work for us dealer/tuners to do with SCT to get all of the available options on the table, it is being constantly updated. (yes, updates are free) I have have been working with the software since it became available, and have helped SCT fix more bugs in the software than anyone else- BY FAR.

As I have said before, I have cars running around on 96lb P&H injectors, heads, cam, built, etc that share virtually nothing in common with the OEM platform, that have manners like a stock car. If you know how to work with the programmer, you can do just about anything with it, and more comes all the time. I spent some time on the phone with UGR trying to help them with some of the quirks of the programmer, dont know if they are still using it, they got in the game later than most I think, they had just gotten it when I spoke to them. The AEM is fine, but it costs MUCH more, is not OBD-2 compliant (Big deal for Plug-In States!), does not have OEM dependability, and still does not contain many of the routines that the OEM PCM does. Yes, it has boost control and traction control, those are its pluses.

Last edited:
For QC guys the AEM doesn't allow any programming for our auto trannys. That and losing my OBD were the reasons I didn't go that route.

Joe

Scrambler1 said:
For QC guys the AEM doesn't allow any programming for our auto trannys. That and losing my OBD were the reasons I didn't go that route.

Joe

If you can give me your processor code (PCM Part Number) and year, I can confirm that the Trans control is available for edit in the SCT software for you.

Scrambler1 said:

Joe

I spoke with these folks http://www.rrevstore.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=35_285_345_354&products_id=14197 and they told me that their setup would work on our QC.

Also, I have the programming software on my laptop, and it has these options(And some other) to configure auto trannies:

Hopefully their setup works as advertised.

Don't get me wrong, SCT is way cheaper, I am just concern with cost of making it work with my blower.

Attachments

• AEM_Tranny_Setip.JPG
    AEM_Tranny_Setip.JPG
    243.6 KB · Views: 31
AEM wont gain you any horsepower PER say....24 degrees of timing is 24 degrees of timing....BUT, reliability, dependability, and more then anything...Driveability would be the key benefits. AEM is definitely the way to go, but it get complicated very quickly w/ the AEM. Everything from a/c control, to door locks is controlled by it now... It is also non-OBD II (from what I have seen) so any emissions testing (if you have it) would be a problem.

Send me the stuff jr....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back