Would this SCT programmer work with my...

Will do...I just need to do a couple passes with me camera running..

RedSrt007 said:
AEM wont gain you any horsepower PER say....24 degrees of timing is 24 degrees of timing....BUT, reliability, dependability, and more then anything...Driveability would be the key benefits.

I still dont understand how some people can continue to preach this. Have any of the guys saying this actually WORKED with the SCT software or the factory PCM? probably not. The OEM PCM has JUST as much tunability as the AEM (except for boost/trac...yet), and in fact more available routines and diagnostics- AT OEM QUALITY AND RELIABILITY. Every time you add wiring, change parts, remove diagnostics or move bus components, etc etc, reliability goes DOWN, not UP. Do you really think AEM puts the kind of hours into reliability testing that an OEM does? no way! AEM didnt even go so far as to de-code the OEM bus signals so you didnt need to retain te OEM PCM laying around for communication purposes!

Dont get me wrong, I use BOTH systems. They both have their ups and downs, but to keep saying the AEM is a hands down win over the SCT is flat out BS. Since I became proficient with the software, I have yet to need to use an AEM. The cars are just as driveable as before, if not better in some cases- with in tact wiring and diagnostic systems!

Last edited:
Final GTS said:
I still dont understand how some people can continue to preach this. Have any of the guys saying this actually WORKED with the SCT software or the factory PCM? probably not. The OEM PCM has JUST as much tunability as the AEM (except for boost/trac...yet), and in fact more available routines and diagnostics- AT OEM QUALITY AND RELIABILITY. Every time you add wiring, change parts, remove diagnostics or move bus components, etc etc, reliability goes DOWN, not UP. Do you really think AEM puts the kind of hours into reliability testing that an OEM does? no way! AEM didnt even go so far as to de-code the OEM bus signals so you didnt need to retain te OEM PCM laying around for communication purposes!

Dont get me wrong, I use BOTH systems. They both have their ups and downs, but to keep saying the AEM is a hands down win over the SCT is flat out BS. Since I became proficient with the software, I have yet to need to use an AEM. The cars are just as driveable as before, if not better in some cases- with in tact wiring and diagnostic systems!
i dont think ur reading what patrick is saying,hes not choosing one or another just stating what he knows about using an aem

flchub said:
i dont think ur reading what patrick is saying,hes not choosing one or another just stating what he knows about using an aem

Maybe I am mis-reading, but

"BUT, reliability, dependability, and more then anything...Driveability would be the key benefits. AEM is definitely the way to go, but it get complicated very quickly w/ the AEM."

I dont know how many ways this can be sliced...? it certainly sounds like he is trying to tell you the AEM is the way to go for the above mentioned reasons compared to SCT, which I do not agree with.

Final GTS said:
Maybe I am mis-reading, but

"BUT, reliability, dependability, and more then anything...Driveability would be the key benefits. AEM is definitely the way to go, but it get complicated very quickly w/ the AEM."

I dont know how many ways this can be sliced...? it certainly sounds like he is trying to tell you the AEM is the way to go for the above mentioned reasons compared to SCT, which I do not agree with.
Its like anything else,some people will prefer old ways some will be open to new stuff,things take time,i'm sure once more members experience the benefits you are talking about they will come around:rock: :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back