slow91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn.......:(

2viper_20080515_001.jpg

Car:
2008 Dodge Viper

Description Of Wreck:
Only had 350 miles on the odometer. He was going 40 mph when the car got loose. This is his second Viper.

.....more like 140......lol

I agree, a 40 mph hit caused that extensive damage? I think somebody forgot the 1.

All but one of these 08 vipers below were wrecked by the dealer before they were purchased....

8V200327-4sm.jpg

1viper_20080305_005.jpg

l_60183e3db894bbc77993e9ce6eba22cb.

Viperpics2.jpg

Viperpics3.jpg

IMG_7073_VCA.jpg

DSC00003.jpg

DSC00001.jpg

The place where I have my truck dynoed is a Mustang shop. The owner road races his mustang. He says he and some other drivers make bets anytime a Viper is in the race as to whether it will hit the wall or not.

The Vipers (including our trucks) have no stability program...they are a driver's car....The question is not whether the Viper can handle the course..it's whether the driver can handle the Viper..;)

TNVIPER said:
The Vipers (including our trucks) have no stability program...they are a driver's car....The question is not whether the Viper can handle the course..it's whether the driver can handle the Viper..;)

AMEN TO THAT.:rock:

Black1 said:
I often wonder how many Vipers have met their fate this way. :dontknow: :(

estimated at about 15%+ have been wrecked.

under 26,000 total production for the lifetime of a viper...about 4000 wrecked since 02

TNVIPER said:

stock for stock, the truck feels like driving in quicksand compared to the viper
until you have driven one everyday you just can't get to know the car...you see guys the car behaves different in every situation every day. you find guys who have had there cars for vipers for years and wreck them going down the street after putting 50k miles on the odometer. with the ram SRT10 i could hop in any qc or rc and drift it around a corner...once you have that down its something you can do in your sleep...with my viper, the tires may grab or i hit the smallest bump, or the suspension is loaded different than usual and bam the thing is gone.
example a road that I go down everyday, my friend and I are at a stop sign, he jokingly says wanna race (because he is in a 92 camry) and said sure. I left the stop sign under noraml accelaeration (it was fedruaury and 9am) it was about 55* out and the tires were still a little cold. I hit it in first at 2500 rpms...spun (i knew i would) shifted to second and i thought it would spin a little more because i had just done the same thing the day before...nope tires grabbed and shot the rear end to the right...I am know at a 90 degree angle in the road...I check that i didnt shit my pants, and say...dummy, you know you alwyas have to be careful with this thing...always...
the new ones i here are decieving becuase there isnt as much low trq as genIIs, which means winding up the tach by the time your at 4k rpms its to late the thing is moving!!!

BurntRubber said:
stock for stock, the truck feels like driving in quicksand compared to the viper
until you have driven one everyday you just can't get to know the car...you see guys the car behaves different in every situation every day. you find guys who have had there cars for vipers for years and wreck them going down the street after putting 50k miles on the odometer. with the ram SRT10 i could hop in any qc or rc and drift it around a corner...once you have that down its something you can do in your sleep...with my viper, the tires may grab or i hit the smallest bump, or the suspension is loaded different than usual and bam the thing is gone.
example a road that I go down everyday, my friend and I are at a stop sign, he jokingly says wanna race (because he is in a 92 camry) and said sure. I left the stop sign under noraml accelaeration (it was fedruaury and 9am) it was about 55* out and the tires were still a little cold. I hit it in first at 2500 rpms...spun (i knew i would) shifted to second and i thought it would spin a little more because i had just done the same thing the day before...nope tires grabbed and shot the rear end to the right...I am know at a 90 degree angle in the road...I check that i didnt shit my pants, and say...dummy, you know you alwyas have to be careful with this thing...always...
the new ones i here are decieving becuase there isnt as much low trq as genIIs, which means winding up the tach by the time your at 4k rpms its to late the thing is moving!!!

Good point also what works for us is the weight of the truck that lets us regain control.

Saw a Viper embarrass an instructor at one of the SRT Track Events...he took a guest for a ride along and lost it in a straight away.....he got out of the car red-faced and said the rider (female) grabbed his leg..LOL..;)

01VIPERGTS/ACR said:
I did the the nail it in second gear thing and watched as the ass end swaped with the front.:p :burnout:

dont know a viper owner who hasn't

TREKER said:
Anyone ever see this review of the gen III viper?

I love this...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qNbJG6SuZYw
"Its about as stupid and as wonderful as owning a pet elephant" Jeremy Clarkson.

Not a bad track time considering it was wet, wonder if they picked a rainy day just so they wouldn't embarass the other test cars.:dontknow: :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back