Wrecked '08 Viper

Ryan I agree with what you say. I realize that the specific market is not trained pros (including me).

I thought they already tried that no helmet thing in football when it started...people just like to see the hits!!!

I guess we should stop here...after all...your the one with the saying in your sig:D

none of this in the 08's:burnout:

Last edited:
ViperJeff said:
All Good points....

But keep in mind people are doing the samething everyday in cobalts and neons.....

and, no one gives a crap because its a cheap car

True... and Porsches and Corvettes had the same problems back in the day.... Anyone remember the late-70's to early-80's 930 Turbo Porsches? ;) It was the 2nd leading cause of death for young stock-brokers, doctors, and movie stars (#1 cause of death was Blow :eek: ).... What about the '89 ZR1? That didn't have traction control... There are about half of those left that didn't get wrapped around a tree. :eek:

And ya know what.... I loved them both.... just as much as I love the Viper. :love: .... It's like having a really cool friend to go to the club with... Someone that's a blast and is exciting to be around, but he just happens to be an axe-murderer. :dontknow: :D

Black1 said:
True... and Porsches and Corvettes had the same problems back in the day.... Anyone remember the late-70's to early-80's 930 Turbo Porsches? ;) It was the 2nd leading cause of death for young stock-brokers, doctors, and movie stars (#1 cause of death was Blow :eek: ).... What about the '89 ZR1? That didn't have traction control... There are about half of those left that didn't get wrapped around a tree. :eek:

And ya know what.... I loved them both.... just as much as I love the Viper. :love: .... It's like having a really cool friend to go to the club with... Someone that's a blast and is exciting to be around, but he just happens to be an axe-murderer. :dontknow: :D

its like using a sledgehammer when you should use a scapel

01VIPERGTS/ACR said:
FARRARI AND VIPER ARE NOT BY ANY MEANS APPLES TO APPLES.

FARRARI...300,000.00
VIPER...75,000.00

somebody wasn't paying attentnion to what the point was...:p

and Burnt... it should go without saying... I am... in fact a big retard :p :D

tidnab said:

Oh yes,I got your point.The thing is,Dodge did not just cut a couple of bucks and not install t/c.In order to have an accurate t/c system that works with this much hp and shitloads of torque is an expensive gesture.If they did....there goes there competetive price with other "LIKE" automobiles.The t/c on european models are very expensive.Thats one of many reasons a lambo MURCI and such cost 350,000.00 new.Dollar for dollar the viper is the cheapest performance car around....minus some creature comforts and traction control.Kind of like the mustang is the best for the buck p.o.s car.:p Traction control would be a nice feature to have(been there done that:D )but would also crank the price up at least 5000.00 if not more.:dontknow:

tidnab said:

and Burnt... it should go without saying... I am... in fact a big retard :p :D

Nah...not when you pick up the supertank for the price you got it...thats genius:D :rock:

:D
BurntRubber said:
Nah...not when you pick up the supertank for the price you got it...thats genius:D :rock:

:D thanks:D

and ACR... yeah... I see your point... :D touche'... but what's an extra 5K on an 85,000 car :p come on now... the speedline wheels on my porsche cost more than 5K.... if I was going to buy a viper.... I'd sure as hell want TC on for daily driving... and of course turn that shizzy off when you want to have some REAL fun...;) ..... Porsche and GM didn't used to put it in there cars... as someone already mentioned.... they finally woke-up ... I dunno u viper guys seem like a buncha purists to me :p

p.s. with that being said... I'd never want t/c in my truck.... and it's swung around on me.... (oh, once or twice) :p

tidnab said:
p.s. with that being said... I'd never want t/c in my truck.... and it's swung around on me.... (oh, once or twice) :p

A nasty little quirk that we all have experienced...and some have not come out unscathed!

And if you want this one it can be yours for 46k

DSC00003.jpg

DSC00001.jpg

http://www.x2builders.com/gallery.asp?page_id=item&id=308

dsc04731.jpg

Handling starts with the driver? The car only does what it is prompted to. Be a dumbass and it reacts, been there. Look at the conditions in that pic, rain dealer tags in the winter cold tires one would imagine. I wonder how many of these wrecks happened within a few miles of their departure location.

I was fortunate enough to ride in a 600HP 06 Coupe during the Texas Viper Round Up with a veteran driver. By the way we reeled in the Porsche GT3 in front of us traction control wasn’t an issue. It’s possible the Porsche driver was taking it easy on his ASM and or us. Would traction control be nice, yes I'm sure, I think I would prefer a floor mat that stays in place first. I did however see a Z06 which was driven by an "instructor" go out into the grass, brake fade he said, or maybe he didn’t need active handling that day :)

I am by no means a driver and enjoy tracking my car. I'm learning a lot about it and how to respect it.

Last edited:
sirhc76 said:
, , I think I would prefer a floor mat that stays in place first. .

haha...mine goes all over the place...i need new ones, its all bunched up under the pedals

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back