WTF is burning?!?!?

SRT-11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So twice now I've gone somewhere in the truck, everything was fine, then when I get back to my condo complex I pull up to the gate (on a pretty decent incline) and wait for the gate to open, bouncing back and forth in first gear and revving a bit higher so I don't drift backwards into traffic. anyway when I get into my garage the truck smells like something burning. the hell is it? I wasn't beating on it and when I drove the truck to the place I was going (pick up some booze) it didn't smell like anything.

:confused: :confused: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Clutch................

Possibly because you don't have the hydraulics upgrade......

Or do you....?

D

Its the new wearing off of your old ass low mileage beast!

Or the clutch. . . I've smelled mine on manuevering my friends STEEP driveway at a low speed.

is it really the clutch? what a piece of shite! is there a clutch upgrade that costs less than a friggin rolex?

SRT-11 said:
is it really the clutch? what a piece of shite! is there a clutch upgrade that costs less than a friggin rolex?

You could trade it for a QC? :dontknow: :p

It is the clutch. Maybe you can just put the gear in netural and push your foot on the brake so your truck won't drift backward. Get the slave + master cylinder, centerforce (pressure plate), and fidanza aluminum flywheel.

Last edited:
DRamSrt10 said:
It is the clutch. Maybe you can just put the gear in netural and push your foot on the brake so your truck won't drift backward. Get the slave + master cylinder, centerforce (pressure plate) aluminum fidzana flywheel.
thats a funny!!:elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

SRT-11 said:
So twice now I've gone somewhere in the truck, everything was fine, then when I get back to my condo complex I pull up to the gate (on a pretty decent incline) and wait for the gate to open, bouncing back and forth in first gear and revving a bit higher so I don't drift backwards into traffic. anyway when I get into my garage the truck smells like something burning. the hell is it? I wasn't beating on it and when I drove the truck to the place I was going (pick up some booze) it didn't smell like anything.

:confused: :confused: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Well damn, imagine that.

You are slipping the clutch and sure it's going to smell.

A couple more sessions like that and you will be pushing it around the block.

That pedal in the middle is the brake. You need to use it when you are stopped.

i love the stock clutch... i really have no problems with it.. the hydraulics are a different story, but I just ordered a stock replacement clutch kit and flywheel. i think that centerforce is over rated

i wont be as blunt as silverback!! but it is your clutch!!! you cant roll back and enguage the clutch like that. how ever i do agree with moparconnection, the clutch seems fine to me on my truck! in my opionion!!!! save your money! just use the brake, dont ride the clutch, and go from there. never rest your foot on the clutch pedel, or the brake! if for some reason your clutch is "toast" then do the viper slave upgrade. just my .02

TheMoparConnection said:
i love the stock clutch... i really have no problems with it.. the hydraulics are a different story, but I just ordered a stock replacement clutch kit and flywheel. i think that centerforce is over rated

Werd.....................

D

Stock setup doesnt like to be slipped at all..................different opinions on clutch's but we all agree the hydralics sucks................upgrading is in the future for all RC owners.

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
Stock setup doesnt like to be slipped at all..................different opinions on clutch's but we all agree the hydralics sucks................upgrading is in the future for all RC owners.

patrick

I agree the hydraulics system is just awful....... I think the stock clutch itself is fine...

D

The stock clutch is fine if you are not racing at the track.

However, doing a few high rpm launches on a prepped track will toast the snot out of your stocker. Centerforce is worth every dime if you are going to race it. ;)

just get to the gate and put it in netural and hit the brake stop bouncing the clutch. clutch is not a brake. everyone complaines about the clutch in these trucks, you have to remember its a 5k truck not a 3k car. get the up graded clutch and use a stock fly wheel or the crome molly one from DC dont use the findaza one its to light. I have 10k on my truck and 9500 of them is with a super charger still no problems, and thats on a stock clutch set up. the upgrade is around 900 for clutch and slave and add anotehr 500 for the flywheel

devildog02 said:
i wont be as blunt as silverback!! but it is your clutch!!! you cant roll back and enguage the clutch like that. how ever i do agree with moparconnection, the clutch seems fine to me on my truck! in my opionion!!!! save your money! just use the brake, dont ride the clutch, and go from there. never rest your foot on the clutch pedel, or the brake! if for some reason your clutch is "toast" then do the viper slave upgrade. just my .02

I was in a foul mood all of yesterday.:mad: :eek: Had one guy at work turn around in a hallway to avoid me cause he knew I was going to jump his shit again.

Sorry, for the bluntness. But the truth still applies. You cannot slip the clutch like that to hold you in place on an incline.

505'sFastestViper. said:
i will have a setup with about 1200 miles on it fidanza flywheel pressure plate and clutch(centerforce) going to a twin disk setup

DIBS!!!

Bub, what you are doing is moving the disc on and off the flywheel, it causes the flywheel to get burn marks in it, while at the same time burning the fiber off the disc, causing extreme heat, and that is what you smell.

options
one, when you pull up, push in the clutch and set the park brake to hold the truck in place.
two, get a line lock, when you pull up, push the brake pedal , hold the button, hold the clutch down, when you are ready to move, release button and start forward.
three even with a clutch upgrade, if you continue this habit, no clutch will take that abuse for long.
four, jsut move to flat ground:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back