Wth is it with dodge electrical

VIPR PWR

Supporting Member
Reaction score
weirdest things I’ve ever seen happen ... 2 trucks , 1 2002 dodge Dakota. I had a bad battery so I replaced it . Got in the truck and turned on the ac and the fan didn’t come on ... well it turned out to be the multi ignition switch module ... worked great till I put in the new battery ...

Dodge srt10 .... I mentioned in another thread that my radio would not turn on immediately when I push the on button ,, other time everything would light up but no sound for maybe 10 miles and then the sound came on .. well the other day I decided to change the fan serpentine belt .. I got tired of it slipping everytime it rained ,, since I’ve owned the truck .. years and years ... well to my surprise I now turn on the radio and the sound comes on Everytime immediately...

Anyone have any explanations to these weirdest things I’ve ever seen ? Makes no sense what so ever to me !

I won’t mention the other problem ,, took a year to luckily find and fix it ... srt10

Last edited:
Anyone have an answer to this ?

I’m not sure if I want o try changing a tire ... the steering wheel might fall off ...

Ok the other problem I didn’t want to say is ..

My left turn signal started blinking fast and I got a code ( don’t remember which). So it’s usually saying that you have a bulb out... I checked all the bulbs ... left side rear had 2 blinking dimmer than the right rear .. but only when I turned on the driving lights/headlights which also made one of the license plate lights not work ... I decided to go ahead and change the bulbs anyway ,, the 05s have a circuit board on both tail lights the bulbs go in .. figures I would get one new circuit board since they are cheap .. none of that change anything .. so I went online ,, searched for problems ,, very common on the dodge rams .. just not the same configuration as mine was having ... I removed and cleaned the excess grease on the turn signal multi switch , then took the multi bs fuse box off and looked for broken wire etc .. all fuses were working and relays .. I looked for broken wires or corroded at the trailer hitch light plug .. cleaned them ,, no change ..all these thing I found searching the web .. seemed that most were saying that the entire multi bs operates everything fuse box was the problem .. and it would cost in the range of 700 to 800 $ for the part if you can find one .. hell no , I’m not paying that for a damn fuse box bs multi runs everything ...
I kept trying to figure it out when I had some free time for about a year ... well, the last time I rechecked the trailer hitch light plug and just happened to look up where the wires ran into the left rear lights .. there is a hole in the frame that the wires run up into.. guess what I saw ... 2 broken wires .. weird ,, 2 wires completely broken and I still had power to the left rear light.. how s that possible .. I re connected the wires and everything worked perfect ..see first pic !

The second 2 pics are the torn apart multi turn signal ingnition switch from my Dakota that made the fan stop working when I put the new battery in ... like they relate to each other ..
And yes my radio still comes on everytime now ,, after replacing the serpentine belt ..

Attachments

• 2DF46E55-020D-41C9-BBAD-3522AEA0C089.jpeg
    2DF46E55-020D-41C9-BBAD-3522AEA0C089.jpeg
    247 KB · Views: 5
  • DBC44C38-B79F-4616-B05E-C717D590F47B.jpeg
    DBC44C38-B79F-4616-B05E-C717D590F47B.jpeg
    256.9 KB · Views: 5
  • D1F25172-A659-44B3-854C-D62EA9CCB24C.jpeg
    D1F25172-A659-44B3-854C-D62EA9CCB24C.jpeg
    230.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Now I’m wondering if I put air in my tires the door speakers will all start working lol

I can't compete with that, and fall WAY short on even guessing !!

On BOTH of my brand-new F-150s, I had a myriad of electrical issues with each of them. The 2nd truck's electric steering failed at which time I though enoughs' enough and went back to Mopar.

Apparently the main door wiring harness on the F-150 is shorter than it should be (not according to Ford though) and when we get our winters up here, it shrinks and part of it snaps, creating some weird and wonderful issues. The rear window glass and the trubo controls maybe have that issue too, they both went south. Oh, and the stereo oh and drivers power window. Then there's the turn signals... (no kidding)

Maybe just let ALL the air out of your tires, then refill them with Helium. That should reset the system and everything will work properly again for you.

Good luck!

I can't compete with that, and fall WAY short on even guessing !!

On BOTH of my brand-new F-150s, I had a myriad of electrical issues with each of them. The 2nd truck's electric steering failed at which time I though enoughs' enough and went back to Mopar.

Apparently the main door wiring harness on the F-150 is shorter than it should be (not according to Ford though) and when we get our winters up here, it shrinks and part of it snaps, creating some weird and wonderful issues. The rear window glass and the trubo controls maybe have that issue too, they both went south. Oh, and the stereo oh and drivers power window. Then there's the turn signals... (no kidding)

Maybe just let ALL the air out of your tires, then refill them with Helium. That should reset the system and everything will work properly again for you.

Good luck!

Things use to be so simple back in the 60’s and 70’s .. basic straight up wiring and each system pretty much was its own ... give me the old days ... this weird stuff is to much for my old brain to contemplate ... many brain cells retired over these issues lol...

No kidding.
My jeep has 50 microprocessors (why I bought extended warranty this time).
So many systems are tied together that constantly talk back and forth, so no such think as simply tracing wires anymore!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back